Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default The future (?) Of the Punisher?

Haven't seen much of Frank lately. Have his gun toting ways fallen out of favour in today's sensitive times? I despise guns in real life but know the difference between fantasy and reality.
    Does he deserve a comeback? It's tricky that he's supposed to be a Nam vet.
    What stories would you like to see? A modern story dealing with anti Asian racism, 70s crime noir stories or something else?

Your thoughts and opinions on this?

Extraordinary Member

I think my favourite era of Punisher was in his prime in the early 90s. I liked the stuff that felt like the action movies of that period, from the street vigilante to the mercenary for hire kind of stuff. I would like to see something like that which does not take itself too seriously. A book I also enjoyed at that time was Silver Sable and the Wild Pack and maybe something where he is kept busy with an operation like that would help with setting up the book to let him go on a mission of the week sort of thing. I also currently enjoy IDWs G.I. Joe ARAH so I think there is a way to do modern action without making everything so unhinged.

Mighty Member

Thanks. Would like to see Frank hit the road and tackle crime in other countries, trafficking, dark web stuff etc.

Has he popped up anywhere after War of the Realms, come to think of it? That's the last time I remember seeing him.

Extraordinary Member

As far as Vietnam, Frank...like many others...has been retconed to serving in Siancong.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Has he popped up anywhere after War of the Realms, come to think of it? That's the last time I remember seeing him.
    Frank's appearing in The Marvels from Kurt Busiek (Highly Recommended):
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Marvels_Vol_2

Last edited by K7P5V; 09-27-2021 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Added Helpful Link.

I would like to see Frank in his own world. Kind of like Punisher Max. He really doesnt work in a world of heroes who dress up in costumes and fight crime. I mean Heroes Like Daredevil, Spiderman, heroes who cant stand Murder or when some one causes another death even by mistake. yet they team up with this guy all the time and let him walk away? It just kinds of makes people Like Spiderman, Daredevil, Luke Cage and other heroes look less like heroes when they let Frank Walk.

I enjoy his stories but I dont like his team up with other heroes stories.
    Last edited by babyblob; 09-27-2021 at 08:00 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    Haven't seen much of Frank lately. Have his gun toting ways fallen out of favour in today's sensitive times? I despise guns in real life but know the difference between fantasy and reality.
    Does he deserve a comeback? It's tricky that he's supposed to be a Nam vet.
    What stories would you like to see? A modern story dealing with anti Asian racism, 70s crime noir stories or something else?

Your thoughts and opinions on this?
    Frank's popularity goes up and down each decade. And without going into a political rant, I don't think today's times are all that sensitive. Punisher's not in a current solo right now, but neither are a number of solid B-list Marvel characters.

I'm pretty sure Frank's still a Nam vet in the Max universe.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I would like to see Frank in his own world. Kind of like Punisher Max. He really doesnt work in a world of heroes who dress up in costumes and fight crime. I mean Heroes Like Daredevil, Spiderman, heroes who cant stand Murder or when some one causes another death even by mistake. yet they team up with this guy all the time and let him walk away? It just kinds of makes people Like Spiderman, Daredevil, Luke Cage and other heroes look less like heroes when they let Frank Walk.

I enjoy his stories but I dont like his team up with other heroes stories.
    Frank works in the heroes world quite well. He started there and to being a killer and then other heroes that don't like that having to team up with him. They do it with Wolverine all the time.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Fantastic Member

according to bleeding cool and from other rumblings ive heard there a 5-6 issue punisher miniseries by aaron in the can and ready to go was supposed to ship after heroes reborn but was spiked by the disney corporate overlords supposdely

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    according to bleeding cool and from other rumblings ive heard there a 5-6 issue punisher miniseries by aaron in the can and ready to go was supposed to ship after heroes reborn but was spiked by the disney corporate overlords supposdely
    "by Aaron"- thank god.Wonder what he would do to the punisher

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    "by Aaron"- thank god.Wonder what he would do to the punisher
    Probably similar to what he did with him in his Marvel MAX run.

Aaron (IMO) works better with characters like The Punisher.

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    Punisher vs Barracuda, right? Solicited pre-COVID. Didn't end up getting published.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I miss Frank a lot. I love The Punisher. I have every single issue of his runs from the start. I just want to see him back in some way soon.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Astonishing Member

I would love a Punisher series but unfortunately thanks to people like my neighbor who has in his truck a Trump sticker, a punisher skull and the saying, "we by the people are pissed", we dont have any, well because of them. yeah I live in a South Fl neighborhood