Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian Spider View Post
    Thanks Pav. I added my 2 cents there. Here’s some more lose change:

The more I think about it, the more I really think there should be an entire issue dedicated to Ben and Kaine having a drink. I never understood why doppelgängers in comics aren’t more fascinated with the opportunity to just sit down and talk about being the same person. It would be so amusing!

Ben and Kaine could trash talk Peter together and share their thoughts on the nature of their powers.

“Isn’t it annoying when your spider sense blah blah blah?”

“Remember when you used to use your super-up wall-crawling ability to scar people?! That was messed up!”

Remember in the ultimate clone saga that created Jessica Drew that was a female clone of Peter? How could they NOT want to talk to each other?!

Anyway, Ben. Kaine. Drinks.

Then they relaunch as Scarlet Spiders: a Clone-Bros City-hopping adventure duo!
    I like your idea. I like it a lot. It'd be almost like Supernatural (in its earlier seasons), but the brothers are clones of the same man who've nonetheless developed very differently despite being virtually identical DNA-wise.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spectacular Member Obsidian Spider's Avatar

So none of the solicitations make it seem like the Peter that is facing off with Spidey on the cover of Amazing #3 is Ben or Kaine or a clone. It seems strange to do another alternate Pete given the amount of clone and alternate universe stories we’ve seen in the last few years.

Do you think the Scarlet Bros will be involved in “Spidergeddon”?

image.jpg
    Just reread the 2009 6-part Clone Saga redo and it’s a breath of fresh air. I hope everyone’s read it. It has the Ben we love by Tom DeFalco and Howard Mackie, the masterminds behind the original telling the story they meant to before the higher ups decided to extend it for 3 years to capitalize on the sales numbers. It’s got that 90s feel too. So good.

Oops. Not sure why that posted sideways. Sorry

So none of the solicitations make it seem like the Peter that is facing off with Spidey on the cover of Amazing #3 is Ben or Kaine or a clone. It seems strange to do another alternate Pete given the amount of clone and alternate universe stories we’ve seen in the last few years.

Do you think the Scarlet Bros will be involved in “Spidergeddon”?
    Well there's no telling how many clones of Peter and/or Ben-Kaine the Jackal had tucked away, also Osborne has been known to meddle with such things so it wouldn't surprise me if he had a clone secretly made from some of Peter's DNA.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

There is another possibility, loath as I am to bring it up. It's Otto Octavius, using plastic surgery to make his face look like Peter Parker's since he already inhabits a hybrid clone of Peter's DNA and his original body's, thus inheriting all of Peter's abilities on top of his own.

Interesting idea, Huntsman!

Interesting idea, Huntsman!
    Indeed it is.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Superior Ock would be a good character to bring into the Scarlet Spider book. He’s got a clone body now and a history with both Ben and Kaine. Ock stole his body from Ben. Maybe something is going wrong with it and he needs Ben’s help.

Also, Kaine straight up killed Ock in the 90s clone saga. You’d think he’d be holding a grudge. Much the same way you’d think Ben would be holding a grudge against Norman for killing him at the end of the clone saga.

Superior Ock would be a good character to bring into the Scarlet Spider book. He’s got a clone body now and a history with both Ben and Kaine. Ock stole his body from Ben. Maybe something is going wrong with it and he needs Ben’s help.

Also, Kaine straight up killed Ock in the 90s clone saga. You’d think he’d be holding a grudge. Much the same way you’d think Ben would be holding a grudge against Norman for killing him at the end of the clone saga.
    Oh, he was holding a grudge. As soon as Kaine/Scarlet Spider met up with him in Superior Spider-Man Team-Up #2, Otto (in Peter's body at the time) flipped his s*** at Kaine and made a pretty good effort at killing him, much to Kaine's surprise, confusion, and heartbreak, since he thought it really was Peter trying to kill him. They parted on pretty bad terms, too, though I'm guessing the air was cleared off-panel judging by Chris Yost's backup in ASM #1 (2014) where Peter was checking up on Kaine in Houston after Kaine's Scarlet Spider series ended and their later interactions, such as they were, in Spider-Verse.

Hey Everyone,

Does anyone know how I can find threads on Superior Spidey and/or Superior Ock? I tried searching but the list I get has nothing to do with what I searched.

I'd love to discuss things related to the good doctor.

Thanks!

Hey Everyone,

Does anyone know how I can find threads on Superior Spidey and/or Superior Ock? I tried searching but the list I get has nothing to do with what I searched.

I'd love to discuss things related to the good doctor.

Thanks!
    Ask and ye shall receive -

http://community.comicbookresources....ciation-Thread

This is a good place to start.

PS For future reference there is an appreciation thread index of the various characters posted as a sticky in this forum:

http://community.comicbookresources....n-thread-index
    Last edited by Celgress; 06-01-2018 at 12:39 PM.

Thanks, Celgress!

Chapter Twenty of Two Lost Souls posted. Green Goblin decides to make things personal as Ben & Kaine meet Aunt May!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12854184/20/Two-Lost-Souls

enjoy

Friendly reminder that the new issue of Ben Reilly the Scarlet Spider is on sale tomorrow!

Previews remind us that Kaine has to fight an army of Mindless Ones while Ben and Dusk are up against Mysterio's daughter, Misty.

Sidenote to PAD, if he's reading: I like my Ben Reilly / Mysterio storylines to also involve Armada, so if you could just bring him back please and thank you.

-Pav, who can't wait for tomorrow...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details