Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Namor pretty much since Bendis Dark Illuminati (maybe a little before) Namor had been missed handled and miss used. Not only on a character stand point but even with his powers and relationships.

Current Marvel really does not understand the character at all.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by icctrombone View Post
    Writers give characters the personality that they need for the story. Strict Continuity is for long time Fans.
    Personal opinion: I regard that as bad writing. IMO, it takes way more skill to fit an established character into a story than to just rewrite the character to make a plot work. Overwrite the character's persona enough, and they don't really have one anymore, meaning there's nothing on which to build an iconic brand.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    What is this from? I know they’ve treated him like a joke in Squirrel Girl, but the art here is not terrible, so it must be from somewhere else.
    One of the Avengers Standoff tie-ins....I think Sam Wilson Captain America.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

He was tracking Kobik, so he had to use the appropriate bait for a sentient cosmic cube that thought it was a little girl.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    Over exaggeration played for comedy, but I still love it.

look at his costume. why would anyone doubt Kraven's sense of humor?

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Personal opinion: I regard that as bad writing. IMO, it takes way more skill to fit an established character into a story than to just rewrite the character to make a plot work. Overwrite the character's persona enough, and they don't really have one anymore, meaning there's nothing on which to build an iconic brand.
    Well put. Continuty should matter.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Yes, I agree as well. If you are going to change a character, evolve the character, that's one thing. But simply writing them against all established type turns them into mere cardboard cutouts. But I think the problem is people have a STORY that they want to write, no matter what.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Only comics or other media count? If so,

-Ultimate cartoon Spider-Man. That guy... I don't even want to describe.

-The skateboarding, stuttering, stalkerish, second-in-the-class, doesn't-know-how-batteries-work douche of Amazing Spider-Man movies was also pretty bad.

-Cyclops in X-Men: Apocalypse. The absolutely-zero-personality-no-character of the first trilogy was bad, but this guy, oh boy. He thinks mall is the matter of national pride. Cyclops? CYCLOPS?! says something like that?! Not to mention he has no skills, no smarts and is still a douche. If you read the way Singer was describing Cyclops before the movie, it felt like the exact opposite character from what he's supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Only comics or other media count? If so,

-Ultimate cartoon Spider-Man. That guy... I don't even want to describe.
    I never want to see Spider-Man break the fourth wall again .
    -The skateboarding, stuttering, stalkerish, second-in-the-class, doesn't-know-how-batteries-work douche of Amazing Spider-Man movies was also pretty bad.
    He did have a good voice and personality for Spidey though .

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

What Chuck Austen did to Hawkeye and Hank Pym in his Avengers run. After being laid to rest decades before and Hank and Jan working out their issues and Jan forgiving Hank all of a sudden Hawkeye is written as always hating Hanks guts even though they had worked together and been friends for years after the "slap" incident. It came totally out of nowhere and was used ever since to destroy Hank Pym as a character and started the many many times since where Hawkeye is portrayed as an ******* like when he kills Bruce Banner in cold blood.

After being laid to rest decades before and Hank and Jan working out their issues and Jan forgiving Hank all of a sudden Hawkeye is written as always hating Hanks guts even though they had worked together and been friends for years after the "slap" incident.
    It's not like that's just wrong for Hawkeye and Hank. That's the exact opposite of who they are.

Hawkeye has always been the first guy to praise Hank or give him a second chance when he needs it.

New Warriors and civil war. No way would they ever lower themselves to go into a reality TV show.

In fact New Warriors since their first series have been shown almost as a bit of a joke team. You wouldn't have thought this team had saved the world on many occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    It's not like that's just wrong for Hawkeye and Hank. That's the exact opposite of who they are.
    it's the opposite of the mischaracterization of Hawkeye in West Coast Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Hawkeye has always been the first guy to praise Hank or give him a second chance when he needs it.
    which is entirely unrealistic given his classical abrasiveness and tendency to shoot from the hip. Clint escaped an abusive household. he should have been the fist to punch Hank square in the mouth. if they make up afterwards, that would be perfectly in character for Clint. the writers gave Hank a pass because they needed him to be usable for stories.

Steve Rogers, Tony Stark and Reed Richards on Civil War.

Most of Post-OMD Spider-Man and MJ.

Most of Post House of M Wolverine.

Spider-Man in the Ultimate Cartoon.

Superior Spider-Man for Doc Ock.