Page 848 of 885 FirstFirst ... 348748798838844845846847848849850851852858 ... LastLast
Results 12,706 to 12,720 of 13267
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Attachment 67019

Attachment 67020

Attachment 67021

DAMN!!! That was intense. Len Wein is really upping the stakes here.

Great stuff.
    Their relationship covers the entire emotional spectrum, easily.

Extraordinary Member

I'm sure many of you read this from back in the day....

I'd like to see writers break new ground with these two. I don't think marriage is the key.

I think making Carol a full-time SS was a step in the right direction, without any mind control involved.

It was important she walk a few miles in Hal's shoes to understand him better.

Spectacular Member AimToTheStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post

I'd like to see writers break new ground with these two. I don't think marriage is the key.

I think making Carol a full-time SS was a step in the right direction, without any mind control involved.

Ouch! That is more hurt than someone kick your balls.
    ''There were other women, of course. But none of them mattered. Not like her. She was the one.'' -Hal Jordan.

Extraordinary Member

Hal & Carol must have the most epic make-up sessions.

Just when you think it's finally over between them.....

They get right back together.

Extraordinary Member

Did anyone here ever read Emerald Fallout?

Guy had some epic burns for Hal.

Extraordinary Member

I gotta admit, outside Sinestro, I really enjoy Hal laying the smack down on Guy.

I love Guy for always getting back up to challenge Hal, but the end result should always be the same.

Guy really is the Vegeta to Hal's Goku.

Hal is always a few steps ahead of poor Guy.

Extraordinary Member

Hal's characterization from First Flight is pretty much from the 2005 Rebirth inner monologue, imo.

I'm okay with the hot-shot, cocky hero stuff in doses, but that should never be the end-all to Hal.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

I gotta admit, outside Sinestro, I really enjoy Hal laying the smack down on Guy.

I love Guy for always getting back up to challenge Hal, but the end result should always be the same.

Guy really is the Vegeta to Hal's Goku.

Hal is always a few steps ahead of poor Guy.
    Brutal! I love it.

I'll have to pick that up. Looks like it came from Guy's solo around the Emerald Twilight era, correct?
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    "My emerald girl is waiting for me. Throttling like an F-16. I strap in. And let her fly".

Dangit, I miss Cowgirl. I know Carol's the traditional romance, but Cowgirl had such potential. Too bad she got shoved outta the way once the SCW's aftermath started gearing up (along with the rest of Hal's Earth-bound supporting cast). I think the last time we saw her in a GL title was in the first chapter of Rise of the Red Lanterns, though I might be mistaken.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Attachment 67019

Attachment 67020

Attachment 67021

DAMN!!! That was intense. Len Wein is really upping the stakes here.

Great stuff.
    "I'm a Green Lantern. I can no more change that than I can change the color of my eyes." That just made me chuckle a little because later on Hal very much can and does change the color of his eyes to green when he suits up.
    Save Ferris...

I love that last panel. Just bam... "End." There's a kick in the balls.

Yeah, with Carol & Hal it's always been one step forward, two steps back. There would be the hint of something creative and interesting but the rug is always pulled out from under them by Sinestro showing up, or a Guardian, or an insanely out of place and poorly thought out break up for absolutely no reason immediately after they were hand in hand looking at their future with grandkids... maybe that last one didn't really happen and it was all just a bad dream.
    Save Ferris...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    Brutal! I love it.

I'll have to pick that up. Looks like it came from Guy's solo around the Emerald Twilight era, correct?
    Yes, indeed. I believe this took place just after Hal first became Parallax. The "corpse" of Sinestro was in the background during the fight. The real Sinestro was somewhere having a bwahaha moment.

Looking at this now, it make me want to bash Sinestro's head in even more.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    Dangit, I miss Cowgirl. I know Carol's the traditional romance, but Cowgirl had such potential. Too bad she got shoved outta the way once the SCW's aftermath started gearing up (along with the rest of Hal's Earth-bound supporting cast). I think the last time we saw her in a GL title was in the first chapter of Rise of the Red Lanterns, though I might be mistaken.
    It would be different for Hal, at least the current version, to date an actual free spirit.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    I love that last panel. Just bam... "End." There's a kick in the balls.

Yeah, with Carol & Hal it's always been one step forward, two steps back. There would be the hint of something creative and interesting but the rug is always pulled out from under them by Sinestro showing up, or a Guardian, or an insanely out of place and poorly thought out break up for absolutely no reason immediately after they were hand in hand looking at their future with grandkids... maybe that last one didn't really happen and it was all just a bad dream.
    It would seem really strange with a writer just presented them as a happy and functioning couple, for at least 24 issues.

Fans would always be looking for the next break up, but we go at least a full calendar year of them committed to each other through all sorts of drama.

Well, at least you can't say Carol doesn't have a history of being incredibly unreasonable.