Page 90 of 166 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 2482

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    I desperately hope the powers that be undo this grievous wrong by offering a director's "Jube Cut" on the DVD release. Preferably something where she actually gets to finally show off her powers. Maybe she can fry Bryan Singer's eyeballs or something.
    How do we know it wasn't the execs who forced the removal of the scene in the first place? To hear Singer talk about it, it sounded like the mall scene was one of his favorite parts.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    You know, I was really hoping this was gonna spurn on writers to make Jubilee a mutant again to better line up with the movies, just like Marvel does with everything else. No reason for it now.
    Same here, very disappointing that they once again cut most of her parts & didn't have her with other new xteens In the important parts of movie , but at least I'd save myself some money by not seeing the movie...

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

They removed the scene, because it didn't fit with the tone during the movie... since it was too much fun. That is according to some interviews I've seen.

However, Tye Sheridan just mentioned in an interview that the mall scenes WILL be in the DVD special features at least... from what he had been told. Jubilee, according to a friend who saw the uncut scenes, briefly uses her powers in the arcade... and then gymnastics to avoid mall security. We will be seeing them on the DVD.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    They removed the scene, because it didn't fit with the tone during the movie... since it was too much fun. That is according to some interviews I've seen.

However, Tye Sheridan just mentioned in an interview that the mall scenes WILL be in the DVD special features at least... from what he had been told. Jubilee, according to a friend who saw the uncut scenes, briefly uses her powers in the arcade... and then gymnastics to avoid mall security. We will be seeing them on the DVD.
    Special features or an "extended cut?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I really hope extended cut. A Jubilee cut is an insta buy for me.

And the too fun thing doesn't make sense to me... if there's one thing that Apocalypse has going for it, even if you feel mix about the rest, is that is a pretty fun movie.

I wonder if maybe the scenes didn't test well in the early screenings. Or maybe since they largely involved the newcomers the studio was the one that felt they didn't need it.
    Last edited by xhx23x; 05-24-2016 at 04:58 AM.

The Quicksilver scene is incredibly fun. Hard to imagine Jubilee's scene being cut because it was fun. More likely it's because she isn't white.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    If it is in special features I will be furious. There was absolutely no reason why it shouldn't have all been in the cinema cut anyway whoever made that choice needs to be punched. Quicksilver having his fun moment is fine but a bunch of scenes about students being students that's a bit too much fun for the tone of the film though? It would have been a nice contrast before the **** hits the fan with the whole mansion explosion.

This whole thing is about the angriest I've been about anything in an X Men movie and there have been some things over the years I hated in them lol. Cutting these scenes just feels so pointless and I really want to see them restored to watch the movie as originally intended.
    Last edited by Moondoggie; 05-24-2016 at 05:50 AM.
    In protest against Marvel's constant ignoring of Surge.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    The Quicksilver scene is incredibly fun. Hard to imagine Jubilee's scene being cut because it was fun. More likely it's because she isn't white.
    Can't be better said...

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Can't be better said...
    No matter what the reason the scene was cut... I find it to be total crap. Some of the main criticisms of the movie I've read involve: the teen characters not getting enough development; Jubilee, although cool to see, not getting to use her powers or say much; the mall scene, as well as others, blatantly feeling like they were cut.

Singer and crew didn't need to cut the whole mall scene. They also could've shown at least an abbreviated portion, or a quick montage of the other things they did at the mall if they felt the WHOLE scene was too much. Movies are supposed to be fun... Especially superhero ones. Show the teens laughing and playing a game or two... It would've made their sudden loss of the mansion, among other things, much more meaningful.

Also... Jubilee appears in the classroom and then the next time you see her, she is walking with Nightcrawler. However, it is obvious that they cut out her dialogue with him. It's also clear as day that they cut out her previous scenes with Jean and Scott... Because all of a sudden, the audience is supposed to just assume that she is friends with the two of them the way the cut up scenes play out.

The version of the film I saw, at least Jubilee appears in big recognizable close-ups in the six different settings she is in: spoilers:
    Xavier's classroom, hallway with Nightcrawler just before dialogue introducing him to Scott and Jean, outside the theater at the mall dialogue with Scott, car heading back to the mansion, mansion lawn before and after Stryker shows up, mansion lawn next to Nightcrawler at end of film.
    end of spoilers it is at least more screentime than Jubilee's scenes in X2 including her deleted scenes. She shows up more than Kitty and even Colossus in X2. However, it doesn't excuse the fact that her intro scenes to Jean, Scott, and Kurt seem chopped up... And also the fun mall stuff including her powers was deleted.

With that being said... I've seen on Twitter that Robert Meyer Burnett (Singer's close friend,) said there probably would be a director's cut. Kinberg said he regretted that the mall stuff was deleted. Several press screenings showed the whole uncut movie, including Jubilee's mansion dialogue with Jean, Scott, and welcoming Nightcrawler to Xavier's... As well as her mall power and gymnastic scenes escaping mall security. That means to say that the version does exist, and hopefully Singer decides to listen to fans.

If the scenes are merely put on the extended features as deleted scenes... I have some friends that are good at video editing, and I will work with them to put the mall sequence together as one coherent piece for youtube...

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    You were interested in just Jubilee? Btw my two fave Jubilation moments from the film: spoilers:
    In the first scene where she is shown in Xavier's class, he asks the class a question and Jubes is the first to raise her hand, Hermione Granger style. I found that amusing. Then there's a cool slow mo shot of her flipping her hair and sitting in the back seat of the car with Jean when the kids return from the mall, as the Quicksilver sequence begins and "Sweet Dreams" by Eurythmics starts to play.
    end of spoilers
    Not really... I love the X-men... but the movies I don't like it to much, so I don't go to see it in the cinema, I wait it is in DVD and Blue-Ray and, knowing that neighbor will buy it because he wants to have all the X-men movie collection, ask him to lend me the DVD to see the movie...

Also I don't go to see it in the cinema mostly because I'm the only one that loves the X-Men in my group of friends (most of them are DC fans or other Marvel characters fans) so I will go alone...

d this one I wanted to see it because my favorite character is in the movie... many people do that, they will see a movie only because their favorite character is there...

http://collider.com/x-men-apocalypse...cenes-jubilee/

Bryan Singer says Jubilee's powers, as well as the mall scenes, will be on the DVD special features.

Of course, the scene that most fans will be missing involves Jubilee…who never gets to use her powers on screen......but featuring a character as colorful and bold in her presence as Jubilee without allowing her to show off her equally flashy powers is a strange move.
    Yeah, strange is one word for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

BANNED

Jubilee deserves better.

BANNED

so Jubilee won't be used much ? figures -_-