Page 39 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    And this one!

Attachment 99444
    Oh, yeah! 350 is glorious! Love it as full with X-Men and Marauders at sides of Gambit. Gold 30 also looks great and badass.

As for MMX, I am not a fan of covers. All Dodson's work with them looked like a fast sketch and uninspired at best.

Gambit could look as a real badass King on it but he looks like a bored child.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Oh, yeah! 350 is glorious! Love it as full with X-Men and Marauders at sides of Gambit. Gold 30 also looks great and badass.

As for MMX, I am not a fan of covers. All Dodson's work with them looked like a fast sketch and uninspired at best.

Gambit could look as a real badass King on it but he looks like a bored child.
    Generally I don't love the Dodson's, but I love that particular cover. It's a callback to the original Gambit series and I didn't think he looked bored, just smarmy and unamused with his subjects and full of attitude.

But yeah, I'm forever a fan of Joe Mad and the foil covers. I guess the 90s will always own a piece of my heart.

All the good covers were taken, so these three are the best I could do...

Last edited by K7P5V; 08-05-2020 at 06:48 PM.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Not a fan of RED cover. He is like a 70 year old here.
    Totally fair. Artists tend to make him look old for some reason. I remember Cheung did the same for the Astonishing X-Men cover he did
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

Yes! Good calls. I especially love the 1st and 3rd picks.

Mighty Member

What's great is a lot of my favorites were already posted so lets me find a few more that couldn't make the cut otherwise. Clay Mann(my top 5 possibly could be all Clay Mann covers) and Gambit Revolution cover. All New x-factor and the infamous Remy And Rogue cover. Uncanny X-men 277. I forget which issue it is but the one Apple posted with the close up of Gambit with the 3 cards is great and Endangered Species X-men would all be in the run for me normally.

But for my 5 I think

1. Ultimate X-men

The writer of the book hated Gambit and didn't want him in the book but he took a two issue vacation and they wrote a Gambit story there. And it gave me one of my favorite covers. I'm a huge minimalist art fan. Any art that can convey a character with the least amount of details is always beautiful to me. There was also a cover for Deadpool v Gambit I was thinking about cause it was very minimalist but it just seemed repetitive of this one.

2. X-men Legacy #245

It must be the American in me but I love an AU Gambit with a gun lol "it's got a good spread"

3. X-men vs the fantastic 4

Gambit as the human torch. It's so cool

Does anyone have any ideas for how they can make Gambit relevant in the current era bc Excalibur aint it

Mighty Member

4. Uncanny X-men

A lot of people rag on the artwork of Uncanny at this time but I personally loved this kind of art and man this cover. It's so good.

5. Hellbound

Death Gambit. The gambit that didn't pay off. I personally wished he had shorter hair but man this cover art is really good. And the little detail of him being big while the people in the corner are small was a nice touch

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    What's great is a lot of my favorites were already posted so lets me find a few more that couldn't make the cut otherwise. Clay Mann(my top 5 possibly could be all Clay Mann covers) and Gambit Revolution cover. All New x-factor and the infamous Remy And Rogue cover. Uncanny X-men 277. I forget which issue it is but the one Apple posted with the close up of Gambit with the 3 cards is great and Endangered Species X-men would all be in the run for me normally.

But for my 5 I think

1. Ultimate X-men

The writer of the book hated Gambit and didn't want him in the book but he took a two issue vacation and they wrote a Gambit story there. And it gave me one of my favorite covers. I'm a huge minimalist art fan. Any art that can convey a character with the least amount of details is always beautiful to me. There was also a cover for Deadpool v Gambit I was thinking about cause it was very minimalist but it just seemed repetitive of this one.
    I almost put this one! Such a cool cover and a great little story/introduction for Gambit. Didn't realize Millar hated Gambit, but that makes sense.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

Cool choices! First one just screams for Cable to pick a charged card

But for my 5 I think

1. Ultimate X-men

2. X-men Legacy #245

It must be the American in me but I love an AU Gambit with a gun lol "it's got a good spread"

3. X-men vs the fantastic 4

Gambit as the human torch. It's so cool
    Really love Gambit as Torch option! Surprisedto see it. Kinda funny thatvit was written by Cebulski.

4. Uncanny X-men

A lot of people rag on the artwork of Uncanny at this time but I personally loved this kind of art and man this cover. It's so good.

5. Hellbound

Death Gambit. The gambit that didn't pay off. I personally wished he had shorter hair but man this cover art is really good. And the little detail of him being big while the people in the corner are small was a nice touch
    I just love charged bo! When it glows it always looks so cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Does anyone have any ideas for how they can make Gambit relevant in the current era bc Excalibur aint it
    He must get his own book. Replace Shaw at Council and rule all black market. Also must use his Wolrd Guilds and King of Thieves statues to support Krakoa. He can steal any information, object or ther things needed. Easily better then Hellfire.

Must be a double agent. He shouldn't trust council and check everything. Show everyone that they are liars and rules are not true.

When he finds out real evidence, he should start a rebelion with other characters like Mystique, Logan, maybe Cyke, etc.

He must get his own book. Replace Shaw at Council and rule all black market. Also must use his Wolrd Guilds and King of Thieves statues to support Krakoa. He can steal any information, object or ther things needed. Easily better then Hellfire.

Must be a double agent. He shouldn't trust council and check everything. Show everyone that they are liars and rules are not true.

When he finds out real evidence, he should start a rebelion with other characters like Mystique, Logan, maybe Cyke, etc.
    I like that. I wouldnt think to give him a position of power but maybe thats the thing that could elevate him

I really think there's a missed opportunity to use him in Hellions considering his ties to the Maraurders. Hopefully he does manage to pop up

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I like that. I wouldnt think to give him a position of power but maybe thats the thing that could elevate him

I really think there's a missed opportunity to use him in Hellions considering his ties to the Maraurders. Hopefully he does manage to pop up
    I like Hellions. Not a fan that they retconned Greycraw as not a clone but it is a good book. I think it is planned as a limited series so I doubt that Gambit will be there. Would love to see Remy helping Greycraw with redemption because he had the same situation and even was left to die because of it. Also they are kinda old friends.

Fingers crossed that after Swords he will get a new book with a new writer that can use him well. But at this point I am sure that Hickman doesn't like him so I don't expect anything Gambit centric anytime soon.