Page 107 of 200 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 2987
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Maybe from issue #0 during Rebirth? There is another one in another flashback, I think, that could be what it reminds you of. But I can't remember what issue that other one was.
    Found it. It's from Batman Annual #11.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Dan Mora has added Batgirl to his tokusatsu-style batfamily. Red Robin is next.

Shouldn't that be in Barbara's thread?

https://www.cbr.com/dc-batman-death-...ctive-trailer/

Why are they using Tim's logo for Jason? It's even on the Red Robin costume!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Found it. It's from Batman Annual #11.

Man, the digital version looks nice. I wonder if I can find this one in paper, though. Wikia says it's written by Alan Moore and my brother is a fan and... stuff. For my brother.

EDIT: By the way, or by other way. I'm finally putting all those links to fics in a proper place for searching and finding. It's just a table (in Notion) so far, and I'm still recording entries in there. But if I'm not mistaken, it allows you guys to freely edit, comment or copy the table as it is now, as well as use searching, etc. Feel free to add, modify or copy any bit you would like to: it's made for the thread*. I plan to add another table tor writers, but I've yet work for hours until I can be done putting fics in this one. This is a shorten link hat hopefully now will work: https://cutt.ly/ndfZr6w
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-02-2020 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Man, the digital version looks nice. I wonder if I can find this one in paper, though. Wikia says it's written by Alan Moore and my brother is a fan and... stuff. For my brother.

EDIT: By the way, or by other way. I'm finally putting all those links to fics in a proper place for searching and finding. It's just a table (in Notion) so far, and I'm still recording entries in there. But if I'm not mistaken, it allows you guys to freely edit, comment or copy the table as it is now, as well as use searching, etc. Feel free to add, modify or copy any bit you would like to: it's made for the threat. I plan to add another table tor writers, but I've yet work for hours until I can be done putting fics in this one. This is a shorten link hat hopefully now will work: https://cutt.ly/ndfZr6w
    Batman Annual #11 is collected in Batman: Second Chances, if this is of any help. But I guess that the trade isn't that easy to get either.
    Personally, I enjoyed the annual very much. It's pure fun. Penguin gets a new love interest and Batman is grumpy because nobody is listening to him.

Thanks for the list.

Batman Annual #11 is collected in Batman: Second Chances, if this is of any help. But I guess that the trade isn't that easy to get either.
    Personally, I enjoyed the annual very much. It's pure fun. Penguin gets a new love interest and Batman is grumpy because nobody is listening to him.

Thanks for the list.
    Cool. Thanks a lot for the info

I'm curious. In the end, I guess Jason cares about his Batfam he just doesn't like how they aren't more about using violence? In the end you think he would get along more with Damian due to similar backgrounds with Ra and using violence.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I'm curious. In the end, I guess Jason cares about his Batfam he just doesn't like how they aren't more about using violence? In the end you think he would get along more with Damian due to similar backgrounds with Ra and using violence.
    Here goes my take.

Seems to me that the one who has a problem is Damian regarding Jason, not Jason regarding Damian, which is fair. Damian may fear that they could treat him the same way Jason is treated and looked upon half the time, once Damian's an adult. As well as Damian could want to strengthen his backing of Bruce's code, more than any other, because Damian's own past: killing is crossing the line. Which, eh. I guess it's not a thing anymore after Rebirth TT as far as I know, or maybe even before that, under Tomasi. Besides, I don't know if the times Jason has been the one to initiate aggression are all still canon or not. I guess some are, need to, in order for Jason's redemption to make sense.

Beyond that... I always thought that Jason's struggling with the batfam has more to do with them trying to dictate what's right or wrong when they are vigilantes themselves (who use violence to enforce with no qualms, even if they don't kill), and deal with criminals as allies from time to time. But Jason can be reasonable and respects them: he can compromise to certain degree. Also, I would say he definitely doesn't like a lot to be told how he should behave, or be strongly controlled. Seems to me that Jason's character has always have a problem with the control over his life being taken by others from himself. He's not obsessed about controlling others or controlling the situation, but he seems to strongly dislike not having a hold on his own life. Which is appropriate for someone with his background.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-02-2020 at 11:03 AM.

Maybe she takes over after #50?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I don't think that's the case. Sounds a bit too confusing, but leads me to understand those tweets as her just wanting to write him.
    But maybe?

Again, not a fan of the word damaged. And emo, err...
    But Jason does suit the dark and troubled trope. And he's byronic at his soul at this point.

But maybe? We were suspecting it's someone relatively new and young. She would fit.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-02-2020 at 01:27 PM. Reason: English is hard sometimes, guys

It's 2020 and Santori is still complaining about why people like Jason? I'm almost impressed.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

I don't know about the costume needing a redesign though.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Oh okay, I thought his name is Danny too
    Chris was pretty forgettable. It didn't help much that he only had those two appearances, as far as I know, and Batman #0 and RHatO #25 are even a little contradictory.
    I would be really surprised if any future writer were to take up this character/storyline again. Although a good writer could probably turn this pebble into a diamond.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Shouldn't that be in Barbara's thread?

[...]
    You are welcome to post the fanart in the Barbara Gordon thread too. I'm sure Barbara Gordon fans would enjoy it.
    I posted it here for a few reasons: We have talked about Dan Mora's little tokusatsu batfamily project before. Jason is part of the fanart. The Red Robin announcement fit the overall Red Robin theme of my post. Artistically, it's interesting how Dan Mora moves the characters around so that the new additions have more space in the foreground. Batman's colors even look more fainted now that he's in the background compared to the original version. (Different example: a good while ago, Karl Mostert - the artist of DCeased Unkillables - did a more classic batfamily piece starting with Batman on a gigantic gargoyle. Mostert added batfamily members one by one but he didn't change anyone's position in the process. It was a different approach than what Dan Mora does now.)

Speaking of Dan Mora's tokusatsu batfamily project. Here's the updated version with Red Robin. You may want to share it in the Tim Drake appreciation thread too. Tim looks awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Unlikely. In one of the comments, de Campi stated that she's currently ridiculously busy. And generally, the whole post reads like she would like to write Jason and not that she's currently in the process of doing so. Whoever is writing beyond issue 50 is probably already finished with issue 51.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I don't know about the costume needing a redesign though.
    I'm fine with the current costume and the original Rebirth outfit. But I'd love to see a Red Hood design by Nick Robles.

Speaking of Red Robin, did anyone else notice that unlike the black tights in the traditional version, Jasons Red Robin uniform in DITF seems to have kneepads, leg strap holsters and what appears to be shin guards, (though they could also be boots, its hard to tell). It's pretty reminiscent of his first rebirth outfit. I wonder if that was a deliberate choice, showing Jasons style remaining fairly consistent no matter the identity.

Nick Robles

"Jason Todd on the cover of Gotham Quarterly."

From the comment section:

Alex de Campi

"I FEEL ATTACKED, but also to blame, bcI know saying “Jason Todd in a suit” to you was the proverbial red rag to a bull"