Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I some what agree to this. But I feel as if , his fans are just expecting him now to do better than Dark Phoenix, X-Men 3 or X-Men Apocalypse. Which is strange because these movies were the closest xmen films to MCU films. It is very possible they already know he is not going to achieve a top 5 xmen film. How can he? DOFP would have been censored if he made the film. the greatness of that movie came from the lack of any censorship because it gave the story more to work it.

I mean he has has yet to make a spiderman film that is a top 3 spiderman film and X-Men is a much harder series to bring to life than Spiderman. I would even say it is harder than Star Wars and look at how Disney handled that.
    Thats debatable. Side by side, his Spider-Man films were better than Spider-Man 1, 3 and Amazing Spider-Man 2. Spider-Man 2, Amazing Spiderman and the 2 MCU ones are the 4 best. You decide the order but at least one is in the top 3

The bad X-men films you mention are boring and I dont think there's been a boring MCU film since Thor 2. I think ever film since at the very least has been entertaining on some level

Do you know what a high bar is? its about pushing boundaries.
    I mean given how you have acted in this thread in relation to others opinions. I'm not even gonna bother asnwering. lol

Bad faith actor

You have a hate boner larger than the london tower.

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    I mean given how you have acted in this thread in relation to others opinions. I'm not even gonna bother asnwering. lol

Bad faith actor

You have a hate boner larger than the london tower.
    The MCU does seem to bring out the bad faith arguments, for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thats debatable. Side by side, his Spider-Man films were better than Spider-Man 1, 3 and Amazing Spider-Man 2. Spider-Man 2, Amazing Spiderman and the 2 MCU ones are the 4 best. You decide the order but at least one is in the top 3

The bad X-men films you mention are boring and I dont think there's been a boring MCU film since Thor 2. I think ever film since at the very least has been entertaining on some level
    To me, the top three Spidey films are Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, and Far From Home. I actually don't care for Homecoming, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    To me, the top three Spidey films are Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, and Far From Home. I actually don't care for Homecoming, at all.
    Good list, although I'd replace one of them with Spider-Verse (not sure which). I like Homecoming, but I've never had the desire to rewatch it, for some reason.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Just like that Deja Vu, It is coming back, You got banned from here before. If I am bored I can go back find the old name.

I gave it the benefit of doubt that there was another person who was obsessed in disliking the MCU but that point about Ironman alcoholism yeah I remember that one. I guess I am no better in responding in this same stupid convo but now I know who it is most definite stopping now. How obsessed with this point must a person be to get banned have to make new account and start the same point and discussion that eventually leads to flaming.

Looked it up Hi Beaddle
    I am a first timer here. it is impossible for only one person in decades years of millions of comics fans can have the information of Disney nixing the bulldozing stories.

Goal post should not be moved. I did show I was correct to say MCU struggles with subtext. They should not have nixed that story, after how Iron Man 2 and Avengers 1 went for Tony Stark. How is it hate to say every story ever written should be considered instead of getting axed by the studios for reasons they can not justify.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Spiderman 1, 2, and Spiderverse are the best Spiderman films. It could be debatable but those 3 films just have more fair strong points on their side. Amazing Spiderman films were a lot more faithful to the source material. Amazing Spiderman 1 though not great is a good break marvel movie to watch if you want to take a break from MCU marathon movies.

All in good time and here was I thinking it was because they were pseudo-interesting. X-Men 3 was despised by hard core xmen fan because the movie let all the cgi action take over to X2 that has mostly no CGI. Apocalypse, though my memory is not that good about the film was trying more to be like a MCU film.

I think ever film since at the very least has been entertaining on some level
    The last real marvel film I found interesting a bit was Civil War/Black Panther but again, I am a person who says TDK/LOGAN are the most interesting comic films ever done, so my bar is quite high. Post Logan/Joker/Deadpool 2. Dark Phoenix , Captain Marvel, Far From home , Thor 3 , GOTG 2, Birdsof Prey all have the same level of interest. generic fluffy comic book movies that dont mean a thing outside the comic booky bubble, the only difference is Feige is stuck with this.
    Last edited by Castle; 09-02-2020 at 11:47 PM.

BANNED

Castle I know you won't answer this or change the goalposts as usual,

But if the Fox X-Men are so far ahead in "mature" issues, where was Mystiques Girlfriend in all of this?

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    Castle I know you won't answer this or change the goalposts as usual,

But if the Fox X-Men are so far ahead in "mature" issues, where was Mystiques Girlfriend in all of this?
    The goalposts have been moved far, far away from the title of this thread. The title is "why do people think Fiege will do the X-Men justice?" Yet we have moved to "Why can't you realize how wrong you are for not hating the MCU as much as I do?"

The answer to the initial question is Because Fox has shown us a bunch of characters who LOOK like the X-Men but aren't them. Heroic and straight Mystique. Weaksauce at best Cyclops. Mini-Scott Iceman. Wallpaper Storm. The Dark Phoenix Saga featuring Afterthought Jean. Twice.

Mediocre would be a major improvement for those characters.

The answer to the Second question is stop trying to change the subject because you didn't like the answer to the first question.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I actually think Feige will do X-Men justice because he already used elements of what makes X-Men great to adapt the Avengers into a more compelling team. There's that found family aspect, where individuals have been set apart in the world by their strange abiities, and then find they're not alone in the world and there are others like them. There's internal conflict and bickering like the early Claremont era. There's the sense of alienation felt by Hulk, Wanda and Black Widow - that the world won't accept them because of who they are or what they've done, but they may find some kind of catharsis as a celebrity hero. There's even a light sense of humour - X-Men has always been much more than Weapon X screaming with bloodied claws and a bucket on his head.

The last real marvel film I found interesting a bit was Civil War/Black Panther .
    Sure Beaddle,

Anyways this is perfect . It is simple as this until Marvel release a X-men movie you should assume that it could be as good as those movies. You don't need them to better because you clearly accepted Fox making garbage ass X-men movies. When Marvel makes actually bad X-men movie you are then free to criticize it. Right now you have no clue what the end result will be and you in argument always argue that films will be Logan and not Wolverine Origins

You can't destroy Marvel films but ignore that Electra, FF 1,2 and FF, Daredevil, X3, Wolverine Origins, Wolverine 2, Dark Phoenix and New Mutants came from the same place. You have zero expectation for every film hitting the high water mark because you protect the "Studio" in your arguments not the "creators". Continuing to argue that Marvel has to produce something bad is being a HYPOCRITE, because you freely argue that DC and FoX will make good movie despite them making some horrible bad movies. Again I will remind people that last X-men movies are

X-men Apocalypse
    Dark Phoenix
    New Mutants

We have zero reason to not assume that Fox wouldn't keep making that level of movie. Wait until Marvel makes a bad movie to be critical AND plus give Marvel the same rope you did fox

X1(average) X2(great) X3 (trash)
    First class (Average) DoFP (Great) X-men Apoc( trash), Dark Phoenix (trash)
    Wolverine Origins(Trash) Wolvie 2(Average) Logan(great)
    Deadpool 1(Great) Deadpool 2(great), New Mutants(Trash)

What I did above is why people are fine with Marvel having the X-men movies. Deadpool was potential the only franchise where we got consistency. And Deadpool is an action comedy like most Marvel movies it success is the same formula that make people like the MCU.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 09-03-2020 at 03:21 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Sure Beaddle,

X1(average) X2(great) X3 (trash)
    First class (Average) DoFP (Great) X-men Apoc( trash), Dark Phoenix (trash)
    Wolverine Origins(Trash) Wolvie 2(Average) Logan(great)
    Deadpool 1(Great) Deadpool 2(great), New Mutants(Trash)
    Sigh, Last I looked more hits keeping dropping that Winter Solider is the best MCU movie art style.
    The average to great movies Xmen films by MCU standards are art masterpieces just like DC or Sony. that is what they were acclaimed for, read the RT reviews you brought up. if they were put with MCU. About 21 of 25 MCU movies would be called corporate mindless cgi trash. There are many film art guys telling us already as critics views evaporates into nothing when it comes to comic movies.

I will also wait for this type of story telling twist between two supposed villains in a Feige movie from the ''average'' First Class .

Feige has yet to come up with this type of story twist. most of his prequel movies were forgettable ''trash'' by your own standard. Captain Marvel and Captain America 1 are no First Class anymore than Endgame is Logan.

As I already said, no one is going to remember most of the mcu movies in 10 years. Is as Zack Snyder once said, they are flavour of the week movies. The average x-men 1 would still be remembered for years to come because it was an intellectual comic drama. The empty fun comic films have proven to be very disposable even with DC. Noone cares about Shazam , Birds of Prey and Aquaman but Joker will live on. The Batman will live on if it is a worthy successor to Nolan's movies. I want the same for the next xmen films and I know Feige cannot do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The goalposts have been moved far, far away from the title of this thread. The title is "why do people think Fiege will do the X-Men justice?" Yet we have moved to "Why can't you realize how wrong you are for not hating the MCU as much as I do?".
    The goal post is moved when those like myself who is listing all of Feige's shortcomings is been called hate or post are there about castle the person and not castle's post. How is it that it is hate to say Feige has done so bad with the humor of marvel or he has yet to make a ground breaking movie that changes people thoughts about comic booky live action and for this , he can't do x-men justice. I think those points are fair given Fox own record with the good, bad and ugly.
    The answer to the initial question is Because Fox has shown us a bunch of characters who LOOK like the X-Men but aren't them. Heroic and straight Mystique. Weaksauce at best Cyclops. Mini-Scott Iceman. Wallpaper Storm. The Dark Phoenix Saga featuring Afterthought Jean. Twice.
    Despite some truth to this because of Feige's shortcomings, He will handle the characters worse. I don't see him doing better than X-Men First Class or X-Men 2. Feige only gets some characters right in the Mouse's sense of right when they are in solo films . unless he gives some mutants solo movies, most mutants in the team xmen movies would be only there for one thing. using their powers for CGI. Every team Avengers films did focus a lot on Iron Man, Captain America and Thor. they also had their own movies that is why it looks as if they got more development than the Fox characters. It's hardly true.
    Mediocre would be a major improvement for those characters.
    I would love to see some characters like Cyclops and Storm rise up and become like what Fox did with Wolverine or Xavier or Magneto, I don't see that happening. When I think of Cyclops I think of Tyrion Lannister from game of thrones or Siruis Black from Harry Potter. Those two characters makes Iron Man, Thor, Star Lord look very one dimensional that belong more in a modern Disney animation than x-men movies.

It was already said before by another person , that they rather not see Cyclops at all if Feige is going to make him a big humor largehearted guy like Star Lord, Iron Man or Thor. From Feige's own record. yes he would. Please look at Iron Man 3 and Thor 3 or GOTG 2. Cyclops is another Logan, they did not use to get along because deep down they were always so much alike. Cyclops had darkness , he just hid it well. Kevin Feige does not like genuine darkness in his characters or films. It explains a lot about Endgame, Thor and Hulk and many if not all his films. GOTG, one of the films that starts with such a traumatised opening for the character, becomes one of the most comedy fluffy marvel films, to a fault the hero asked the villain for a dance battle during a high stakes moment. this is a taste of Feige's story telling.

Don't hype up Storm..yet. if the rumours are true about her in the MCU. Being the wife of Black Panther is the most important thing for them. That role sounds extremely mediocre and wasted to her role in X2 or X3. She can save the world as she did in X2 without getting into long 60 minutes cgi ongoing battles, which seems to be the case for many females in the MCU.
    Last edited by Castle; 09-03-2020 at 07:15 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The Dark Phoenix Saga featuring Afterthought Jean. Twice.
    Oh goodness. You reminded me of that execrable scene in Last Stand where Wolverine steps over a dozen syringes full of a mutant cure that instantly strips a mutant of all her powers, to stab Jean in the heart to stop her.

Chekov's gun? Basic storytelling? No idea what that is. We need our overwrought manpain, because the ending has to as unsubtle and overwrought as possible.

And how about that Madrox cameo! Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Oh goodness. You reminded me of that execrable scene in Last Stand where Wolverine steps over a dozen syringes full of a mutant cure that instantly strips a mutant of all her powers, to stab Jean in the heart to stop her.

Chekov's gun? Basic storytelling? No idea what that is. We need our overwrought manpain, because the ending has to as unsubtle and overwrought as possible.

And how about that Madrox cameo! Ugh.
    The Last Stand also has one of my favourite blatant day-to-night transitions within a single scene. The Fox movies are also masters of weirdly uncanny accidents that seem like they'd be more at home in The Omen, such as Erik deflecting a bullet right into Charles' spine while Charles inexplicably has his back turned just right, or when the guy in the forest looses a deadly arrow from his bow because he's distracted by some birds, even though he doesn't even seem to have the bow at shooting tension.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    The Last Stand also has one of my favourite blatant day-to-night transitions within a single scene. The Fox movies are also masters of weirdly uncanny accidents that seem like they'd be more at home in The Omen, such as Erik deflecting a bullet right into Charles' spine while Charles inexplicably has his back turned just right, or when the guy in the forest looses a deadly arrow from his bow because he's distracted by some birds, even though he doesn't even seem to have the bow at shooting tension.
    I will have to go with no for this one since bullets don't have to be straight up on point to be effective, if that was the case, many won't survive many bullet wounds. The bullet was slanted when it hit Xavier as he turned right, meaning it could have been on point to his spine. Either way its a major injure and no uncanny accident.

If you think the others make no sense, There are more uncanny accident or wtf moments in the MCU, I am sure as well that Fox X-Men had as much but this is more about picking the best of the worse.

Just a taste of uncanny accidents, or should I say plot holes and inconsistency from Kevin Feige.

Doctor Strange Was A Surgeon, But Didn't Follow Proper Handwashing Procedures

When Tony Stark Demonstrates The Jericho Missile, He Breaks The Laws Of Physics

The Abomination Was Subdued With An Ordinary Chain In The Incredible Hulk

The Avengers Sat Down To Lunch In A Wrecked Restaurant, Which Wouldn't Be Serving Food

Extremis Infected Agents In Iron Man 3 Could Walk Through Fire Without Burning Their Clothes

Obadiah Stane Didn't Need To Practise In His Armour The Way Tony Stark Did

The Avengers should have gone Back To The 1970s To Begin With in Endgame

How Does Steve Rogers Return the Tesseract?

How Powerful Is Stormbreaker? Inconsistency between Infinity War and Endgame

How Was Laura Barton's Phone Still Working in Age of Ultron?

Black Panther’s blood spill in Civil War becomes different in Black Panther.

I can accept plot holes and inconsistency in any movie since many times, those are few negatives or weakness, Feige's has other weaknesses that are more hard to look past. Iron Man 3 would have been worth it even with the plot holes had they kept the real director's story of the movie that actually made Tony look more flawed and developed his character in a relatable fashion or tackle the political themes of terror and the middle east crises as First Class did with the cold war.

When someone says Fiege will do xmen justice but says first class is average to his great Movies, my reaction as a long term xmen reader and comic movie fan is LOL
    Last edited by Castle; 09-03-2020 at 07:20 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    To each their own.

Batman Begins tells a classical straightforward origin story in the way Donner Superman did. It’s not the sole source of inspiration, but it’s one of the inspirations cited by Nolan for how he wanted to tell a Batman tale on screen. He wanted to do the “Dick Donner version of Batman.”
    Yes and you can especially tell this by how Nolan made a point to show Bruce living on the streets so he could empathize with criminals who stole out of necessity and how poverty was a cause of lawbreaking and societal decline (later Ra’s even says they tried to bring Gotham down with economics) along with making a huge piece of his origin the genesis of his no kill rule. It’s about a man finding his core.

I am still laughing at the notion of anyone damning Fiege for being one note while praising Zach Snyder in the same post.

Snyder is one of the best cinematographers I have ever seen, but he has never learned one of the biggest lessons needed to move past filming scenes and into filming entire movies (or franchises). Dark does not mean deep. It's entirely possible to make a dark film that is also shallow, since those two things are entirely seperate.
    Dark does not mean deep.