Page 40 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

It’s Red Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ugh, 2 years of blankly ignoring these connections now the creators on his book want to use them to try and get pandering points on their way out. 2 years of not one visit from Donna but this is now suppose to mean something. Like oh look, now Donna gives ****. Villains have literally been making this guys their bitch boy for two years as no one, except Babs, showed even the tiniest of concern but friendship hug. All is well now friend I didn’t give a **** about.

Look I know we’re all desperate for any interaction at this point, but this is bull. Dick should be pissed at all his so called teammate, friends, and family if they are going to bring them into his book. Cause we’re the hell were they. For all intents and purposes they left him to die. Freaking Batman even apparently watched it fist hand and did nothing, and this is what his book’s writer thought made sense of Batman abounding him to the wolves like was displayed. That he knew about it, was around, and just chose to do nothing then. We shouldn’t let after the fact pandering bail out creators poor writing and laziness. This moment is a lazy cheat, and isn’t true to the ignorant story they have been telling.
    Better later than never. I don't see the point of hashing out drama over something so contrived at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Better later than never. I don't see the point of hashing out drama over something so contrived at this point.
    Cause its nonsense, and a blatant cheat to now try and pander to an audience they have been telling to screw themselves for 2 years. It ignores the story they told. Now they want to bring Donna in, but by doing so we then have to ask where the f was she then. Its like with Batman. To explain his absence they basically had him tell Dick he was around but he just didn’t give a **** to act. Thinking so little of their audience that they wouldn’t think too hard about that actual implications of that lazy and poorly thought explanation.
    The writer on the book should have to own his ****. He wrote a story where these people basically abandoned Dick to the streets with brain damage. But now as he wants to pretend their friends when he did non of the work to earn theses kinds of moments. Its bull, its bad writing by an experienced lazy writer to try and manipulate his audience after the fact.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-16-2020 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Cause its nonsense, and a blatant cheat to now try and pander to an audience they have been telling to screw themselves for 2 years. It ignores the story they told. Now they want to bring Donna in, but by doing so we then have to ask where the f was she then. Its like with Batman. To explain his absence they basically had him tell Dick he was around but he just didn’t give a **** to act. Thinking so little of their audience that they wouldn’t think too hard about that actual implications of that lazy and poorly thought explanation.
    The writer on the book should have to own his ****. He wrote a story where these people basically abandoned Dick to the streets with brain damage. But now as he wants to pretend their friends when he did non of the work to earn theses kinds of moments. Its bull, its bad writing by an experienced lazy writer to try and manipulate his audience after the fact.
    Kind of a downside of interconnected universes in general. You cannot have a character going it alone in hardship for very long time without making other characters look bad. Same with months-long disasters (like No Man's Land, etc.) - there are so many heroes that you cannot occupy them all for that length of time. So for them to leave a city alone when it's under the control of a villain or being attacked or falling apart due to external villain attack just makes the other heroes look really bad. And Bruce too, when he says it should be that way. The plot demands no outside assistance, but it doesn't make sense in the context of the universe (without making others look bad, anyway). Some people are fine with ignoring it, and it annoys others. I fall more into the latter category.

Ya, but now they are bringing her into the story. So like I said by bringing her in now, we have to then ask where was she then. They are ignoring that plot demand to now pander. It doesn’t make sense in context to the story. They want us accept she wasn’t around, but are now displaying to us she could have been. Which bear in mind Ric was resolved thanks to outside assistance.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-16-2020 at 01:06 PM.

Amazing Member

The writer was forced to keep nightwing out of commission by editorial, so in this particular case I can't blame him for wanting to get over it as fast as possible. It wasn't his storyline to begin with.

As for justification, donna has perhaps better reasons than most considering she had to take over the titans (who were away from earth most of the time) and was turned into deathbringer by the batman who laughs until recently. Maybe the writer will retcon nightwing being visited by his titan friends while he was Ric now that the batfamily doesn't dominate everything. Depends on what the writer will go for.

I just realized that's Garth on the top right .

Quote Originally Posted by lgcruz View Post
    The writer was forced to keep nightwing out of commission by editorial, so in this particular case I can't blame him for wanting to get over it as fast as possible. It wasn't his storyline to begin with.

As for justification, donna has perhaps better reasons than most considering she had to take over the titans (who were away from earth most of the time) and was turned into deathbringer by the batman who laughs until recently. Maybe the writer will retcon nightwing being visited by his titan friends while he was Ric now that the batfamily doesn't dominate everything. Depends on what the writer will go for.
    The writer didn’t rush to end the storyline, the opposite in fact, and Donna probably had the least justification for not checking in even 1 time as they were teammates when he was shot. She had time enough to go to funerals for others, and the writer is using Donna now so I have a hard time buying they couldn’t use her till now. Dick and his current team he was on when he was shot was something they should have addressed with Ric, but they never did cause the writers on his book were nothing but lazy. Now though the writer wants to address the Titans when he is looking to try and save face before his exit. Not caring about the implications of addressing them now well after the fact, and not consistent with the actual story he was telling.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-17-2020 at 04:04 AM.

So I’m not sure if they would actually do it post Death Metal come March, but with Future State Teen Titans, the end of the current Teen Titans series, the Endless Winter one-shot, and the recent Nightwing preview it really sounds like DC wants to a “Titans Academy” book where the older Titans are training new heroes like Crush and Emiko.

I’m not sure if it will end up going anywhere but I’m willing to wait and see.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I don't have any desire to see the adult Titans play babysitter to the younger generation. All it would do is take away agency from the adult Titans and put it on the younger characters because their growth and journey becomes the focus of the book while the adult Titans get forced into that generic "authoritarian" role. I mean DC has no clue what to do with the adult Titans anyway, and I don't see that changing any time soon, but I don't see them becoming overseers of younger characters as being a great place for them. Let the JL members do that and let the adult Titans actually be treated like real heroes for a change.

Full preview for Nightwing #75
    https://aiptcomics.com/2020/10/16/dc...-nightwing-75/

Garth, maybe you should've asked Donna about the Titans - they're not based at the Tower currently!

There's also a photo of a roster that never existed. It should either include Speedy and Aqualad, or Raven and Starfire, not both pairs. Also, Cyborg is missing.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Personally I'll take positive interaction with Donna over dwelling on contrived and OOC storytelling, but I guess I'm just that tired of Ric .
    Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I don't have any desire to see the adult Titans play babysitter to the younger generation. All it would do is take away agency from the adult Titans and put it on the younger characters because their growth and journey becomes the focus of the book while the adult Titans get forced into that generic "authoritarian" role. I mean DC has no clue what to do with the adult Titans anyway, and I don't see that changing any time soon, but I don't see them becoming overseers of younger characters as being a great place for them. Let the JL members do that and let the adult Titans actually be treated like real heroes for a change.
    At the end of the day as long as they act like a full team I don't think it will really feel like a babysitter dynamic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Full preview for Nightwing #75
    https://aiptcomics.com/2020/10/16/dc...-nightwing-75/

Garth, maybe you should've asked Donna about the Titans - they're not based at the Tower currently!

There's also a photo of a roster that never existed. It should either include Speedy and Aqualad, or Raven and Starfire, not both pairs. Also, Cyborg is missing.
    I think Raven's been referenced to have a bit more Titans history, but I think this is the first time Beast Boy has been. I guess the overlap with the Fab Five and the NTT era was more close in the current continutiy.

Awesome! Totally looking forward to...

Red X

Hopefully, he won't be changed too much from his animated incarnation.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 10-16-2020 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

In before the reveal that he's secretly the comic book version of Scott Menville .

Incredible Member

It’s a beautifully drawn page. Donna looks like a super model...but Dick and Garth look too thin to throw down with anybody outside of a Korean Pop group.