Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Default Ms. Marvel on D+

Astonishing Member

Wonder what the reasoning was on changing the powerset. I don't mind it really if the show implementation is good. But, would be cool to know why.

Looks cute.

Disney is smart to keep alternating the Star Wars and MCU shows like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Wonder what the reasoning was on changing the powerset. I don't mind it really if the show implementation is good. But, would be cool to know why.
    Probably to differentiate her from Mr. Fantastic and/or tie her more closely into the powerset of Carol and Monica.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Looks cute.

Probably to differentiate her from Mr. Fantastic and/or tie her more closely into the powerset of Carol and Monica.
    I thought about that. With F4 reboot coming it does make sense to not have another stretchy person. And she isn't so iconic a character that fans would be up in arms about it.

The change to her power set is unfortunate to me, but the series looks fun! It reminds me of the first kick ass movie, just without the r rated elements.

I think it’ll be a fun watch!

People that claim her powers are the same as Mr. Fantastic don't really get Ms. Marvel's powers. Although part of that blame lies on Marvel itself since that's the only part of her power set they really use frequently.

Trailer isn't really doing it for me. Her character feels oversimplified at best, and off character at worst. Throw in them messing with her powers and I'm going into this with low expectations. Hopefully it surprises me.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

BANNED

The characters look really cute and the trailer has so much fluffiness. it is very well fitted for a kids show, even the multi colors I used to complain about in the marvel movies works here.

This is what Disney plus was actually created for.

Also I dont think it is a coincidence this trailer is out now. disney has been in some hot water this week for putting their netflix shows on disney plus, so this trailer will make some ''parents group'' step off their backs.

The only thing now that worries me is how disney will portray or will approach their new Percy Jackson series and the younger mutants from the X-Verse, while I find this ms marvel trailer cute. I dont think my feelings will be the same for the kids/teens of the x-verse and the percy jackson universe since they have more similarities to the Harry Potter and Buffy Universe.
    Last edited by Castle; 03-15-2022 at 07:54 AM.

Looks cute.

She's a polymorph. Her powers don't even function like Reed's. MCU can have multiple characters with energy powers but two stretchy people is too much?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    She's a polymorph. Her powers don't even function like Reed's. MCU can have multiple characters with energy powers but two stretchy people is too much?
    Apparently? And to most of the audience, the difference between polymorph and stretchy powers is negligible. But like I said, that's only part of the reason. The connection to the other "Marvels" is likely closer to the mark.

Astonishing Member

Do we know if they are keeping the Inhuman angle to her backstory yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Also I dont think it is a coincidence this trailer is out now. disney has been in some hot water this week for putting their netflix shows on disney plus, so this trailer will make some ''parents group'' step off their backs.
    One group that constantly yells at clouds isn't "hot water." It had zero impact on when this trailer was released.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Plus it's not like Disney doesn't already have a bunch of kid friendly shows/movies already and that didn't stop this group from complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    The only thing now that worries me is how disney will portray or will approach their new Percy Jackson series and the younger mutants from the X-Verse, while I find this ms marvel trailer cute. I dont think my feelings will be the same for the kids/teens of the x-verse and the percy jackson universe since they have more similarities to the Harry Potter and Buffy Universe.
    I can’t speak for Percy Jackson, but X-Men as a franchise can and should definitely have a team of heroes whose tone is similar to this. It wasn’t the best series, but the recent Children Of The Atom book, Generation X, or the group from the Wolverine &The X-Men comic could fit well into this type of show. Not all X titles have to be mature or dark.

Apparently? And to most of the audience, the difference between polymorph and stretchy powers is negligible. But like I said, that's only part of the reason. The connection to the other "Marvels" is likely closer to the mark.
    it's not negligible. Reed isn't able to shrink and grow in size, transform into different people and objects, and completely change his dimensions. Focusing on only the elasticity is undercutting what Kamala can do.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    I figured because it just looks weird. And if there are any scenes of her giant hand where you get a good look at it, it's going to take a lot more work to make it look realistic than an energy hand, and this is still a tv show budget. But, maybe there are other reasons (like tying her more to Carol as mentioned above) - that was just my initial reaction.