View Poll Results: How many Oscar wins will JOKER have?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Clean sweep - wins 11 of 11 categories

2 8.33%
  • Wins 10 of 11

0 0%
  • Wins 9 of 11

0 0%
  • Wins 8 of 11

0 0%
  • Wins 7 of 11

0 0%
  • Wins 6 of 11

1 4.17%
  • Wins 5 of 11

1 4.17%
  • Wins 4 of 11

1 4.17%
  • Wins 3 of 11

5 20.83%
  • Wins 2 of 11

10 41.67%
  • Wins 1 of 11

3 12.50%
  • Shut out - wins 0 of 11

1 4.17%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Best actor win!

Are there many other cases besides The Joker of a role that gets more than one actor oscars?
    First Ledger now Phoenix, I almost feel bad for Leto. Though I guess he’s got one for Dallas Buyers.

They all stand on the shoulders of Caesar Romero!(the original, "I'm not shaving my mustache to play an iconic DC character")

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Are there many other cases besides The Joker of a role that gets more than one actor oscars?
    First Ledger now Phoenix, I almost feel bad for Leto. Though I guess he’s got one for Dallas Buyers.
    Vito Corleone. Marlon Brando and Robert DiNiro.

So Joker got the exact two I thought it would. But Parasite winning big was a surprise

Extraordinary Member

Only one. Vito Corleone. Who is a legendary screen character in one of the most seminal Hollywood films. That's an achievement. Playing the Joker was already a big deal after Ledger. Now it's a prestige role.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    So Joker got the exact two I thought it would. But Parasite winning big was a surprise
    I was so happy. Award shows are inherently dumb and even though I do enjoy them, Bong Joon-ho's trip through this award circuit has been delightful. I enjoyed the film and I've enjoyed all of his speeches.

Parasite winning best picture is a welcoming surprise.

Joker got best actor.

BANNED

Legitimately impressed that they gave the award to Parasite. It's a very good movie that earned its success by pure word-of-mouth and had everything against it.

First foreign movie that won Best Picture and it's not some lush European bleakfest but some cool Korean thriller-drama. It's a victory that makes the Oscars worth something, for the first time in a long time.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Legitimately impressed that they gave the award to Parasite. It's a very good movie that earned its success by pure word-of-mouth and had everything against it.

First foreign movie that won Best Picture and it's not some lush European bleakfest but some cool Korean thriller-drama. It's a victory that makes the Oscars worth something, for the first time in a long time.
    I think Roma was the only film worh winning last year but it was obvious they didn't want a Netflix film

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post

I'm in England right now, behold the meltdowns at 1917 not wining best picture. The brits thought they had it in the bag.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    I'm in England right now, behold the meltdowns at 1917 not wining best picture. The brits thought they had it in the bag.
    Well they thought they had Remain in the bag too...

This is a much better Oscars than last year.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Cesar Romero and Jack Nicholson didn't win an Oscar either and they both gave much better performances as Joker in a theatrical movie.

Vito Corleone from the Godfather; Marlon Brando won Best Actor in Godfather I and Robert De Niro won best supporting actor in Godfather II.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut