Page 8 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    All the headaches around Jon's age can be solved quite simply by Brainiac's bottled cities, where time moves faster. All they need to do is have Brainiac snatch Metropolis with Lois and Superman inside it, wait a month, and presto, you've got a 10 year old Jonathan Kent raised by Lois & Clark, who enjoyed semi-retirement while working for a way to free Metropolis from Brainiac's clutches for a decade before finally defeating him and restoring Metropolis.
    But wouldn't that also require a whole movie to do? In contrast, doing the whole All Star Superman test tube baby thing would only be a small part of this already altered Reign of the Supermen movie. It seems less economical, and positioned to sell less than coupling it with Reign, in my opinion. I imagine the DC animated film department goes with the sure bet more often than not. I mean, that's why they're doing Death of Superman again, right?

Story-wise that also makes Clark and Lois a full decade older than the other characters in the DC animated movies, and explaining Jon's existence becomes "the spent 10 years on Brainiac's ship where time moved more slowly and they had a kid a raised him till Superman found a way out." As opposed to "he was created by Cadmus (or N.O.W.H.E.R.E. if they like) using Lois and Clark's DNA."

It's by no means impossible that they might go this way, but I personally find it less likely given the DC animated film department's penchant for streamlining whenever possible.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I feel like it's also worth noting that no other members of the YJ4 are part of the DC animated film universe. Has anyone noticed this? The Robins seem to go from Dick to Damian with maybe Jason in there. The Titans have made Donna Troy the new current day Wonder Girl with no mention of Casandra. Wally was KF back when Dick was Robin, but no mention of Bart at any point.

They might be leaving those characters to the Young Justice show? The show has Conner, Bart, Casandra, and Tim all set as main characters. Feels like not putting Jon in rather than Conner would be par for the course in this animated universe, no?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I feel like it's also worth noting that no other members of the YJ4 are part of the DC animated film universe. Has anyone noticed this? The Robins seem to go from Dick to Damian with maybe Jason in there. The Titans have made Donna Troy the new current day Wonder Girl with no mention of Casandra. Wally was KF back when Dick was Robin, but no mention of Bart at any point.

They might be leaving those characters to the Young Justice show? The show has Conner, Bart, Casandra, and Tim all set as main characters. Feels like not putting Jon in rather than Conner would be par for the course in this animated universe, no?
    Connor for Young Justice, and Jon for the animated film-verse?
    Okay.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

But wouldn't that also require a whole movie to do? In contrast, doing the whole All Star Superman test tube baby thing would only be a small part of this already altered Reign of the Supermen movie. It seems less economical, and positioned to sell less than coupling it with Reign, in my opinion. I imagine the DC animated film department goes with the sure bet more often than not. I mean, that's why they're doing Death of Superman again, right?

Story-wise that also makes Clark and Lois a full decade older than the other characters in the DC animated movies, and explaining Jon's existence becomes "the spent 10 years on Brainiac's ship where time moved more slowly and they had a kid a raised him till Superman found a way out." As opposed to "he was created by Cadmus (or N.O.W.H.E.R.E. if they like) using Lois and Clark's DNA."

It's by no means impossible that they might go this way, but I personally find it less likely given the DC animated film department's penchant for streamlining whenever possible.
    I think you are right that the animated films will likely swap out Conner for Jon to save time, but I think that would do a disservice to both characters. Kon is defined by his lack of upbringing by kind, loving parents because he was literally grown in a lab and born as a 16 year old, whereas Jon is defined by being born and raised by Lois & Clark in a relatively normal childhood.

BANNED

No and no actually

We had Lor/Chris and even cir-el be the "grown kid of" stories with Superman as dad didn't we,and this is Supermans actual real son,why the hell would anyone on the planet want him to not enjoy raising and being raised by Superman? That's the saving Grace for Jon imo,he has been raised by Clark and Lois like a actual kid,which imo also makes Jon feel more like a real kid,not just a 2d character that popped up out of nowhere (or NOWHERE lol).

Also this superman is young,and not even with Lois now,if they brought in a "magical" son for them,how the hell are they planning on raising him from that point on? And wouldn't all this soap opera crap take away from the pureness of Jon's story in the comics?

Being stuck in one of brainiacs bottle cities for a year or even 10 years,where Clark and Lois grow to love each other,have a kid,and Superman grows into the hero we all know and love isn't a bad thing.not to mention the whole DCU could age to the right ages that most think the characters should be at.ppl on here are wanting to know how they would work Rebirth into the animated universe,well here ya go, enjoy.

There are tons of characters that haven't been used yet in the new animated universe they are sticking to.DC are growing branches out slowly,bat folk,JL team,Titans stuff,Dark realm,who knows what the next branch will be.im not naive in believing they would actually use the YJ4,but they could,and that's the point.

ConnEr can and should be everywhere DC is

BANNED

I think you are right that the animated films will likely swap out Conner for Jon to save time, but I think that would do a disservice to both characters. Kon is defined by his lack of upbringing by kind, loving parents because he was literally grown in a lab and born as a 16 year old, whereas Jon is defined by being born and raised by Lois & Clark in a relatively normal childhood.
    Which makes them NOT the actual character they want to portray them as.they might as well just use Kon if they are going to go that route.

I totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Also this superman is young,and not even with Lois now,if they brought in a "magical" son for them,how the hell are they planning on raising him from that point on?
    See that's just it, I imagine they're banking on the fact that it would put Superman and Lois in a strange situation. I'm guessing they're gonna having Clark and Lois finally strike up a relationship somewhere in these two movies, and then drop the bomb that the 10 year old Superboy clone is only half Superman, and the other half belongs to Lois Lane. That seems the cliffhanger at the end of Reign that'll set them up for Superman & Son, Super Sons, and beyond. How Lois and Clark deal with this going forward will likely be part of the point that lets the DC animated team put their own spin on things going forward, and we're all keenly aware of how much they're into that.

I can even very clearly imagine Jon waking up and going to the Daily Planet similar to how Kon did during Reign and pestering her.The endgame is likely to be an amalgamation of Jon, Kon, and Chris with Jon being the point.

Do keep in mind all this is speculation, though.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The YJ generation are the middle children that get the least amount of attention.

BANNED

I totally agree.

See that's just it, I imagine they're banking on the fact that it would put Superman and Lois in a strange situation. I'm guessing they're gonna having Clark and Lois finally strike up a relationship somewhere in these two movies, and then drop the bomb that the 10 year old Superboy clone is only half Superman, and the other half belongs to Lois Lane. That seems the cliffhanger at the end of Reign that'll set them up for Superman & Son, Super Sons, and beyond. How Lois and Clark deal with this going forward will likely be part of the point that lets the DC animated team put their own spin on things going forward, and we're all keenly aware of how much they're into that.

I can even very clearly imagine Jon waking up and going to the Daily Planet similar to how Kon did during Reign and pestering her.The endgame is likely to be an amalgamation of Jon, Kon, and Chris with Jon being the point.

Do keep in mind all this is speculation, though.

I get that it's speculation,but the whole point of Jon is that everything up to getting powers and finding out his dad is Superman is totally normal,and this sounds like the total opposite of that.

I'm not saying DC isn't dumb enough to ruin their chance to use Kon and Jon,but I'm hoping they find the crumbs of sense they have to not go there

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The YJ generation are the middle children that get the least amount of attention.

True,but hopefully being the middle child and overlooked will help them and give them a reason to be used someday

Animation in DOS looks differently, than in JL: War. Maybe this is really a new version of the New 52 Superman. Even the emblem looks different.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by _Beautiful_Temptress_ View Post
    Animation in DOS looks differently, than in JL: War. Maybe this is really a new version of the New 52 Superman. Even the emblem looks different.

Are you going off just that 1 screen cap,or have you seen more?

BANNED

Jon just needs to bug off for a bit, he adds nothing to the Superman books than kid of Superman and fantasy self insert of being superman lite.

Jons like not Damien as a good new add, he's not just mini bruce, he's also ra's and a rich snobby kid with pure grey morals constantly conflicting his daddy.

And the same with Conner, ever had a Clark that acted like Bart and Sonic then when straight up Moe and Shadow over time. That's Kon to a T and it's refreshing in a book about the most idealistic and boyscout hero ever.

I get that it's speculation,but the whole point of Jon is that everything up to getting powers and finding out his dad is Superman is totally normal,and this sounds like the total opposite of that.
    Well the DC animated team is pretty loose with whatever they adapt, so it's not like they're likely to have too many qualms about putting their spin on an idea. The Young Justice show saw pretty great success even though it manipulated generations and completely altered established characters in the interest of creating some unique to them. As you Conner in Young Justice is nothing like any version of him in the comics in terms of powers or personality, and the Young Justice development team was pretty proud of that.

So I suppose if Conner's animation debut can consist of him being and almost robot-like ball of angst with power inspiration coming from the golden age Superman, then I suppose Jon can be the test-tube baby Lois and Clark. At the very least that has some fairly strong comic parallels in the New 52 Superboy genetically being the son of Lois and Clark.

But yeah, it's a long way from "and it'll be closer to the original story" that we were told.

Are you going off just that 1 screen cap,or have you seen more?
    Although there is only one picture from DOS, but I assume that there are some changes. Compare these two pictures.F6190370-7B88-46D4-B2F6-0F7C10FC6549.jpg