View Poll Results: How many stars would you rate this issue?

Voters
392. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

261 66.58%
  • ★★★★

92 23.47%
  • ★★★

25 6.38%
  • ★★

4 1.02%
  • 10 2.55%
Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by KusaSan_Snd View Post
    It does matter in term of story line. It does change a lot of thing since it is Jean and Cyclops. Like hell it would be someone else. No one make thins kind of mistake
    What kind of mistake? The fact that the red head is not scene in another panel, or that none of the naked people look identifiable, or nothing is made of it at all for the rest of the book?

Glowing eye (which looks more orange/yellow than ruby red to me) just to show that the person who came out of the pod has some 'power' that creepy Xavier is satisfied with?

A script that does not mention who any of these pod people are and no art direction to make sure the readers know this is Scott and Jean and whoever else?

No, sorry, I have no problem with fun theories, but it is not clear enough at all that this is Scott and Jean coming from pods for you to keep telling people that.

I thought the mutant at the start was Vulcan

You mean Ultimate X-Men or Ultimates the whole team of Galactus slave ?
    The Ultimate Universe, as in Earth-1610. Zorn has appeared in 1610-Ultimates and 1610-Ultimate X-Men.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    That's one of my questions. I didn't get the impression that these were dead mutants coming out of the cocoon but instead new versions of seemingly Scott and Jean (and others). Xavier's pod people if you will. The fact his eye has that ruby power sig coming out read as , "This is Scott Summers" to me. So I disagree with the OP that these are dead mutants and they have new bodies being made for them (I don't know where that was stated or implied as it wasn't in the book) but instead NEW bodies for existing mutants made by Krakoa.

There is something amazing, yet creepy at the same time happening in this book. I am very excited for this. I am also VERY excited to see how (and if at all) this affects the other lines given the shear amount of world-building that is happening.

Also interesting that Karima has been turned back into an android/Sentinel given that she was reverted back to being human in Wood's run.
    Yea, there's definitely something dark surrounding this mutant utopia and I think that Xavier is at the head of it, unknowingly or not. It seems like all mutants are going through this rebirthing process but then the question becomes how Xavier got everyone on board in the first place. Things seem pretty idyllic for there not to have been some coercion or manipulation at work.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    What kind of mistake? The fact that the red head is not scene in another panel, or that none of the naked people look identifiable, or nothing is made of it at all for the rest of the book?

Glowing eye (which looks more orange/yellow than ruby red to me) just to show that the person who came out of the pod has some 'power' that creepy Xavier is satisfied with?

A script that does not mention who any of these pod people are and no art direction to make sure the readers know this is Scott and Jean and whoever else?

No, sorry, I have no problem with fun theories, but it is not clear enough at all that this is Scott and Jean coming from pods for you to keep telling people that.
    At some point I thought the people first shown out of the pods were the O5, but the woman has brown hair in the second panel. So I settled for dead mutants. I think at this point is unclear.

BANNED

That was obviously supposed to be Jean and Scott at the start. A red head and a guy with red eyes? Plus they're Xavier's star pupils so the symbolism.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    The Ultimate Universe, as in Earth-1610. Zorn has appeared in 1610-Ultimates and 1610-Ultimate X-Men.
    But he was also in 616. He was the one who impersonated the evil Magneto during Morrison era. Or should I say, during Morrison era hasty retcons.

Let's see how the overall CBR X-Community rates the issue! I've added a poll; interested in the results.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Well, new adult mutants comig from pods + a host of dead mutants shown alive (just in this issue, the Xorn brothers, the cuckoos and Banshee). They have to come from somewhere.
    Right, but I don't think necessarily that the seen we were given at the beginning of the book shows dead ones being reborn. I think it shows existing ones coming out. Like Scott and Jean (and others). The first two are definitely Scott and Jean. Then the shot of him standing over others could eb a number of mutants and not the same as the other ones shown (given the shear amount of pods). I don't think you're wrong on how this is how the dead ones are alive, but I think Xavier has definitely grown new batches of everyone.

But he was also in 616. He was the one who impersonated the evil Magneto during Morrison era. Or should I say, during Morrison era hasty retcons.
    That was Shen Xorn, not Zorn. No one who identified themselves as Zorn has ever been in the 616. Kuan-Yin Xorn still called himself Xorn when he impersonated Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Let's see how the overall CBR X-Community rates the issue! I've added a poll; interested in the results.
    Thanks. I was a lazy ass in the OP. Also, happy to see you still around.

This was really good. It truly is a new era. It felt very much like I felt after reading Morrison's opening salvo of New X-Men, but without the awful (IMO) art that held it back for me. Plus, Morrison was more into the concept of upending the tables in a weird way. Hickman is upending the tables in a high concept sort of way. So it's definitely a win.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    This was really good. It truly is a new era. It felt very much like I felt after reading Morrison's opening salvo of New X-Men, but without the awful (IMO) art that held it back for me. Plus, Morrison was more into the concept of upending the tables in a weird way. Hickman is upending the tables in a high concept sort of way. So it's definitely a win.
    Yup. the two runs it reminded me most were Morrison and Woods over in Ultimate X-men. But without barriers. A crazy amount of potential here.

The whole setting makes me hope we'll see the Salvadore family again.
    Like, how does it work if they want to settle in Krakoa? IIRC only Beak and Tito are still mutants. Angel and the other children are humans.

And what about Prodigy and the other mutants who lost their powers during M-day?
    And the close allies/long time friends like Shatterstar or Broo?
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Fantastic Member

Can mutants even die anymore? If Krakoa is storing their minds when they “die” they could come back from anything. This reminds me a bit to the Cylons in Battlestar Galactica. Hopefully there will be some limits to this. In BSG the Cylons had to be close to one of their “Relays” (space stations that acted like the cloud, but for minds) for it to work. But given that Vulcan, who died in Shi’ar space is also back, that does not seem to be problem here.
    All of this is an assuption. We don't know how things work yet.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    6/10.

Too much info dumping, and I'm not talking about the charts.

Intriguing premise, but as a 'fresh start' I can't tell who this book is about. Some big story, but most of the characters are filler, and the main ones are just there for their power set and junk.

But I get it, this is pretty much the event that leads into the new era, not the new era itself. Just not going to get excited about a story that spent so much time saying something but didn't really say anything at all yet.
    The issue was fresh and had world building. Its like you said. This leads to a new era so we should rate like that. It was excellent. Refreshing. I didn't bore at all. At least something different and no character centric. This was a great start.

Great Issue indeed. I do think it's important to add that

spoilers:

At the beggining, it's Jean and Cyclops who is seen emerging from the pod. It's quite important since it implied that it's a sort of reboot for them and the mutants. And it's probably linked to Xavier and Krakoa
    end of spoilers
    Implied or not we can not be sure. We will learn more in the next issues or oh well there is still twitter
    Last edited by ThePhoenix; 07-24-2019 at 09:15 AM.