Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    The problem is not the crossover, the problem is the MCU formula
    So far, marvels formula for a shared superhero movie universe is the only one that has actually worked.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    This whole thread sounds a lot like the arguments that Black Panther and Captain Marvel were being sidelined because they weren't announced at Comic-con. Rational people pointed out that Disney's expo was likely another opportunity to roll out Panther, Ant Man, etc. but the people who want a hill so badly to die on will invent things, whole cloth, to fit their agenda.

I expect, in the near future, when there is an R rated Deadpool that the same people stumping in this thread will have invented a new complaint and will pretend all of the dozens of made-up, nonsensical accusations they spouted for weeks never happened. Ditto this thread.

It's ok. You don't like the MCU. You're worried about how the X-men will be treated. Ok. But save the invented melodrama please, there is absolutely nothing of substance behind this worry. None.
    Those arguments about BP seem to be justified. Seriously 5 years later sequel to most successful solo superhero movie ever? And Marvel's only Oscar winner? Like really Fiege doesn't even mention the film and acts like it never happened. I don't see the logic.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    So far, marvels formula for a shared superhero movie universe is the only one that has actually worked.
    Is that so?

Superman 1 and 2
    Batman 89 and Returns
    Spiderman trilogy
    65% of X-Men movies
    Sam Raimi's Spiderman movies
    Wesley Snipes Blade movies
    The Incredibles film series
    Christopher Nolan's Batman Movies.
    Into the Spiderverse

What are you talking about that the crossover universe is what has only worked? I find that a little too ignorant.

How long as they going to copy marvel? Probably for as long as those are the only ones which seem to be working out for them by whatever standard WB is using. They're going with what works... which as of now seems to be copying marvel. I guess realizing what you are doing is not working and having the ability to simply copy someone else can qualify as versatility.
    Is the joker copying marvel?
    Is the batman reboot copying marvel?
    Are DC going to cancel all their tv shows or start pretending they have any links to movies?
    Would DC stop making animated movies in a self contained universe?
    Would DC stop making games?
    Is DC obsessed with making anything DC related have ties to the DCEU?
    Is DC obsessed with linking their comics and movies together?

When DC stops doing that or starts doing some of it, then they will loose their versatility like marvel.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-24-2019 at 08:06 PM.

BANNED

65% of my car works, so it’s a good car.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    65% of my car works, so it’s a good car.
    Better 65% than about 30% to the own equivalent of my car.

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    Why is that a problem? In the comics these characters have crossed over and been part of each others stories for decades. Why can't the films reflect that?
    The comics never relied heavily on crossovers. Crossovers in the comics used to be an event thing, maybe once a year, it was not a daily thing like the mcu movies are making it out to be. Please don't ever say this to a spiderman or x-fan that marvel comics are mostly about crossovers stories.

Wow, it must be very true then what some people have said in the spiderman forums with the Disney and Sony failed deal. A significant amount of MCU fans only knows so little about marvel comics.

How much money did that Spiderman PS4 game bring in for Sony again? Why has into the spiderverse captured the imagination of us in a way MCU Spiderman has not? To the contrary, the crossover formula has hurt MCU spiderman than helped him.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-24-2019 at 08:08 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    The comics never relied heavily on crossovers. Crossovers in the comics used to be an event thing, maybe once a year, it was not a daily thing like the mcu movies are making it out to be. Please don't ever say this to a spiderman or x-fan that marvel comics are mostly about crossovers stories.

Wow, it must be very true then what some people have said in the spiderman forums with the Disney and Sony failed deal. A significant amount of MCU fans only knows so little about marvel comics.

How much money did that Spiderman PS4 game bring in for Sony again? Why has into the spiderverse captured the imagination of us in a way MCU Spiderman has not? To the contrary, the crossover formula has hurt MCU spiderman than helped him.
    I asked a simple question no need for the nuclear option.

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    I asked a simple question no need for the nuclear option.
    Ahh nothing he said is true anyway. tas #1 and several ealry issues had Fantastic four or Doom in them and #16 had Daredevil. And those are just the ones off the top my head. And then marvel presents had Spiderman paired up with everyone. Marvel team ups. Crossovers are baked into Marvels DNA.

Is that so?

Superman 1 and 2
    Batman 89 and Returns
    Spiderman trilogy
    65% of X-Men movies
    Sam Raimi's Spiderman movies
    Wesley Snipes Blade movies
    The Incredibles film series
    Christopher Nolan's Batman Movies.
    Into the Spiderverse

What are you talking about that the crossover universe is what has only worked? I find that a little too ignorant.

Is the joker copying marvel?
    Is the batman reboot copying marvel?
    Are DC going to cancel all their tv shows or start pretending they have any links to movies?
    Would DC stop making animated movies in a self contained universe?
    Would DC stop making games?
    Is DC obsessed with making anything DC related have ties to the DCEU?
    Is DC obsessed with linking their comics and movies together?

When DC stops doing that or starts doing some of it, then they will loose their versatility like marvel.
    I don't consider sequals the same thing as a shared movie universe. Yes, Superman 1 does work with Superman 2. I didn't say Marvel was the first super hero movie ever to have a sequal ... obviously that's not true. I argued that they are created a shared movie universe... they were able to replicate what we have in the comics on the big screen. They exist in the same universe, shareing the same continuity and having the ability to cross over and interact.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Those arguments about BP seem to be justified. Seriously 5 years later sequel to most successful solo superhero movie ever? And Marvel's only Oscar winner? Like really Fiege doesn't even mention the film and acts like it never happened. I don't see the logic.
    The problem is Disney let Feige get out of control by making the MCU too big.
    Did the MCU really need Spider-Man? not really
    Do we really need an Eternals, Shang-Chi or Blade movie? Probably not.
    It’s sad that we have to wait until 2022 for BP 2
    And how long do we have to wait GOTG 3 and Deadpool?
    Last edited by luprki; 08-24-2019 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Ahh nothing he said is true anyway. tas #1 and several ealry issues had Fantastic four or Doom in them and #16 had Daredevil. And those are just the ones off the top my head. .
    So what you are saying is marvel is so reliant on crossovers that you cannot mostly enjoy a spiderman, iron man, captain, america, blade or xmen comic book without wishing they all run into each other at some point in the comic or mention eachother once? That ain't true.

X-Men TAS is the most successful animated marvel cartoon of all time. Why does that cartoon make so little reference to other marvel properties?

And then marvel presents had Spiderman paired up with everyone. Marvel team ups. Crossovers are baked into Marvels DNA
    And still the biggest complaints of MCU Spiderman is that he is nothing more than Ironboy. If you mention any top 3 reason spiderverse is better than homecoming or FFH, reason number 1 or 2 would be, its a proper Spiderman movie.

Everything I said is true, as you can see I have backed it up by the evidence of xmen tas, marvel comics runs and a spiderman film that is not even a year old.

Look at it this way, if marvel originally so relied on crossovers than why is it that some marvel properties like X-Men and Spiderman in particular could more than carry their own self contained universe without needing to mention any other marvel characters?
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-24-2019 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    The problem is Disney let Feige get out of control by making the MCU too big.
    Did the MCU really need Spider-Man? not really
    Do we really need an Eternals, Shang-Chi or Blade movie? Probably not.
    It’s sad that we have to wait until 2022 for BP 2
    The MCU didn't need Spider-Man, but obviously they wanted to use him. He has been marvels flagship character for decades. Plus, to be blunt Sony was slowly starting to kill the movie franchise. Using him in the MCU was a much needed boost.

As far as whether or not it's too big... we'll see. So far many of the newer additions to the MCU have done pretty well. Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and Spider-Man all made over a billion dollars. So it's generating new IP's for marvel, and at least so far hasn't hurt the MCU yet. We'll see what happens down the line.

BANNED

The MCU didn't need Spider-Man, but obviously they wanted to use him. He has been marvels flagship character for decades. Plus, to be blunt Sony was slowly starting to kill the movie franchise. Using him in the MCU was a much needed boost.

As far as whether or not it's too big... we'll see. So far many of the newer additions to the MCU have done pretty well. Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and Spider-Man all made over a billion dollars. So it's generating new IP's for marvel, and at least so far hasn't hurt the MCU yet. We'll see what happens down the line.
    I understand and agree that the newer additions has done well, but at some point it has to take a breather. We now have the wait 4 or 5 years for a stand-alone sequel. Disney need to put handcuffs on Feige.

BANNED

We already have a thread dedicated to MCU hatred. Can we keep those posts there?

So what you are saying is marvel is so reliant on crossovers that you cannot mostly enjoy a spiderman, iron man, captain, america, blade or xmen comic book without wishing they all run into each other at some point in the comic or mention eachother once? That ain't true.

X-Men TAS is the most successful animated marvel cartoon of all time. Why does that cartoon make so little reference to other marvel properties?

And still the biggest complaints of MCU Spiderman is that he is nothing more than Ironboy. If you mention any top 3 reason spiderverse is better than homecoming or FFH, reason number 1 or 2 would be, its a proper Spiderman movie.

Everything I said is true, as you can see I have backed it up by the evidence of xmen tas, marvel comics runs and a spiderman film that is not even a year old.

Look at it this way, if marvel originally so relied on crossovers than why is it that some marvel properties like X-Men and Spiderman in particular could more than carry their own self contained universe without needing to mention any other marvel characters?
    Well here we go in circles again. People loved MCU Spiderman stop putting your complaints onto everyone. I don't know if you know what evidence is cause you havent presented any. Your arguments keep going all over the place. Marvel comics has always been a place where one superhero can run into another at anytime. The Xmen are the only characters who are slightly isolated. And that's only if you exclude Wolverine.

You say the comics dont rely on crossover but theres constant crossover in the comics. Esepcialy with Spiderman. Then you Pivot to Movies and Cartoons which are completely different things due to rights issues. Does spiderman have to exist in a larger world? No hes one of the few characters with such a rich supporting cast and Rogue galley that he can thrive on his own. But stop making silly claims like the comics rarely did crossovers and then accuse people of not knowing the comics, as they point out just how much Spiderman specifically used Crossovers. But go head and move the Goal post again.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 08-25-2019 at 12:13 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    No, they are not. The claim was that they are not being made at all. Which everyone who didnt have an axe to grind knew was false.