Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    It's really weird that Storm fans aren't supposed to engage in a discussion where she's the topic.
    You need to review the definition of discussion because the fans that post the most don't seem to be interested in one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    You need to review the definition of discussion because the fans that post the most don't seem to be interested in one.
    I'm certain that I'm not at all sure about who you could possibly be referring to.

BANNED

I had high hopes for this series when it first came out.

Unfortunately, it has horrible art, bad storytelling and horrible casts except for Jean of course. But even this Jean is not the one I was familiar with in original X-Men series.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    I had high hopes for this series when it first came out.

Unfortunately, it has horrible art, bad storytelling and horrible casts except for Jean of course. But even this Jean is not the one I was familiar with in original X-Men series.
    This Jean is very much an extension of how she acted before she died. She is compassionate, commanding, decisive, warm, and loving. She's everything that I wanted from Jean Grey. We can go on and on about the art again but that's a discussion that we've had before, and about the writing, but I'm choosing not to. But... the characterization of Jean is on point. It's the best that we could ask for with Jean having just come back to life.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I am absolutely loving this book. And everything about it.

When I first saw the previews I admit I was skeptical but then I bought the first issue and was immediately drawn in...into the story and the characters. That one issue reminded of how I felt when I read my very first UXM comic decades ago. I did not know any of those characters (and there was certainly no internet to google search anything) but Claremont's characterisations and storytelling and Paul Smith's exquisite art baited and hooked me. The same happened with XMR #1

A few things about this book that I really like:
    1. A mix of newer, less-known and younger characters with popular, older and established characters, plus a diversity of race/country of origin, gender, and possibly orientation therein
    2. Dialogue and interactions that feel true to the characters
    3. A mix of action with "quiet moments"
    4. Humor!
    5. Inclusion of modern sociopolitical themes
    6. A consistent artist, that happens to be darn good
    7. A cohesive direction and narrative with forward progress each issue

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    1. A mix of newer, less-known and younger characters with popular, older and established characters, plus a diversity of race/country of origin, gender, and possibly orientation therein
    4. Humor!

Exactatiously!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    4. Humor!
    In other words, a real X-Men book.

Not the biggest fan of the art style, but it's not bad. I feel it's the best I'm going to get on an X title for now. I actually dig this, the new suit designs are almost half of why I gave it a go, especially Jean's. I haven't read more than the first 3 issues of an X title in a VERY long time so this book finally gives me that feeling that has been missing for a while.

It is'nt "there" yet though, I wouldn't say I'm seeing much that is new in terms of the opposing views going at each other on the news, and little to no signs of social progression. Ehh, I'm not loving it, but it's ok. I'm in for now I guess.

lol that is some luke-warm ethusiasm, I know. But it's a start.

BANNED

Something I was just thinking about...Taylor said the final mystery team member of Red will be on the cover of issue 7, but he doesn't want to show it until said team member officially joins the team. Said team member was NOT part of the "flash forward" to begin issue 1 (Gambit was also not there). Which means they're unlikely to be revealed until events catch up to the present.

However issue 7 will be releasing in August, and the solicits for August will be released within the next week or two.

So, does that mean the cover for issue 7 will not be released with the solicit?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Something I was just thinking about...Taylor said the final mystery team member of Red will be on the cover of issue 7, but he doesn't want to show it until said team member officially joins the team. Said team member was NOT part of the "flash forward" to begin issue 1 (Gambit was also not there). Which means they're unlikely to be revealed until events catch up to the present.

However issue 7 will be releasing in August, and the solicits for August will be released within the next week or two.

So, does that mean the cover for issue 7 will not be released with the solicit?
    It's possible, they did that for the cover of 4, which has Laura on it, didn't they?

But I think it's more likely that unless August is a variant month (which it is, I recall, the F4 variants, but I don't think they'd replace anything. At least the Deadpool cover was Jeanpool) that he's telling us that we're just about to find out who the last team member is.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I thought the final member was going to be Storm. Sadly this tweet makes it seem that it may not be the case and the last member will keep being a mystery

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...08504183177216
    I'm so glad i was wrong.

YES! YES! YES! Bright Lady, Be PRAISED!!!! (And I LOVELOVELOVE her Red costume!!!)

I think its ironic that when the cast for this book was first revealed, it was met with mixxed to negative comments and now its arguably the best one on the 4 books. 4 veteran X-men, 2 New X-men, 2 more young newer X-men and Namor. Great balance there. I thought the lineup was really random and jarring but Taylor has managed to bring them all together quite organically, even more so than the other 3 books rosters. Kudos to him and Red. I just now need Gambit in the mix

Have jean and storm ever been on a team where jean was the one givin orders?

I think it’d be cool for jean to consult with ororo when/If she makes mistakes or needs advice, while Storm respectfully lets jean to lead while serving as a mentor in that regard.

A good leader knows how to follow when needed. And it would be cool to see storm being there while jean is learning.
    Last edited by Grey; 05-23-2018 at 08:02 PM.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?