Page 156 of 441 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206256 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 6606

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    People just think that if the X-Men is done under Marvel Productions they'll get a film that's closer to the comics. They basically want to see a real life actor playing Wolverine in yellow tights.
    I just want to see a decent Cyclops who can...do stuff and justify the rivalry with Wolverine rather than be some cardboard cutout who is supposed to say mean things to him and somehow be in the way of him getting with Jean. Because if your rival is as much of a loser as the one they put in the films, then you, by definition, are a loser too. Otherwise, you would have pulled away from him.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

- You don't know the film?

or

- You don't know why Louis CK would be an issue?
    I can't speak for Kirby, but I've never heard of the film (and didn't know it was a film until this comment) and I've never heard of Louie CK.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    X-Men films was doing fine until fairly recently. I remember when DOFP, and Deadpool came out and people were like X-Men is fine where it is (at FOX). Then Apocalypse, and the merger happened and all of a sudden ALL X-Men films suck and has ALWAYS suck. ����
    The X-Men films range from decent to very good. They're still doing fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    People just think that if the X-Men is done under Marvel Productions they'll get a film that's closer to the comics. They basically want to see a real life actor playing Wolverine in yellow tights.
    Wolverine should never have worn those yellow tights. I don't care about the rest of the X-Men, but I can't picture Logan ever agreeing to those.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    X-Men films was doing fine until fairly recently. I remember when DOFP, and Deadpool came out and people were like X-Men is fine where it is (at FOX). Then Apocalypse, and the merger happened and all of a sudden ALL X-Men films suck and has ALWAYS suck. ����
    Nah X3, Wolverine Origins, The Wolverine, X-men Apocalypse. There was a lot of X-fans who hated Fox stuff that varied bad to meh. Even the good films like First Class and DoFP have stuff that X-fans despise like the jacking up characters and messing up X-men continuity/stories for no good reason. X3 and Origins was reason enough to want X-men out Fox hands . X-mens films haven't always suck but you can count on Fox to drop a stinker at about a rate of 1 out of the 3 movies they make.

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    I can't speak for Kirby, but I've never heard of the film (and didn't know it was a film until this comment) and I've never heard of Louie CK.
    Are you two in on a joke together or something?

You've really never heard of Pootie Tang or Louis CK until that post?

No joke.

I just googled them both and don't recognise either.

Maybe they're more popular in America than England.

Mighty Member

In my opinion, if you have affection for something prior to shitty things coming out about the creators, it's not like a bad thing to retain that affection.

Maybe it depends. While I loved 'Louie' prior to learning about CK's...character, I can't really watch it now, considering how deeply connected it is to him as a person.

But there are still things I love that involve people who have since come out as terrible people.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    Wolverine should never have worn those yellow tights. I don't care about the rest of the X-Men, but I can't picture Logan ever agreeing to those.
    1975 Logan was kind of an angry numbskull. Someone at Dept H probably told him wolverines in the wild look like big yellow cats as a joke and Logan just went with it!

Dirty Dee, you're a baddy daddy lamatai tebby chai

Sa da tay
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

My controversial opinion is that I don't want the X-Men to be folded into the MCU. I even grew up an X-Men fan, but I just don't want to see an X-Men take over of things. I also am dreading a potential AvX movie. There is nothing less interesting to me than that.

- You don't know the film?

or

- You don't know why Louis CK would be an issue?

I know about Louis CK and I saw Pootie Tang years ago. I didn't know there was a controversy about that movie, and I don't recall if there was something in it to make it so.

Edit:
    Did not know Louis CK directed Pootie Tang. But doesn't seem to have anything to do with his troubling behavior.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 03-19-2019 at 01:29 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I know about Louis CK and I saw Pootie Tang years ago. I didn't know there was a controversy about that movie, and I don't recall if there was something in it to make it so.

Edit:
    Did not know Louis CK directed Pootie Tang. But doesn't seem to have anything to do with his troubling behavior.
    Unless I'm recalling it all wrong, he wrote it as well as directing it. That involvement is just a little too "Top To Bottom..." not to think about if it turns up somewhere.

Unless I'm recalling it all wrong, he wrote it as well as directing it. That involvement is just a little too "Top To Bottom..." not to think about if it turns up somewhere.
    Not sure what you mean...again

The article I read said they took the movie from him in editing and that ruined his movie directing career. But who knows?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

To try to put it simply...

- Used to be a huge fan of the film, and some of the specific performances in the film.
    - That is now wrecked almost every single time by the thought of that an unrepentant lousy person wrote and directed the film.