View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 264 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1642142542602612622632642652662672682743143647641264 ... LastLast
Results 3,946 to 3,960 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    Well don't the unwrapped series feature the artwork sans-colors?

Do you love Capullo's artwork so much that you want to see the nitty gritty of it in black and white? Then go for it.

Otherwise keep waiting for a deluxe.
    As far as I know the unwrapped series features the pencills, so it's not even inked.

Someting else: what are the opinions on the JLA vol 6 tpb? The new thick one by Kelly and Mahnke? I have the first 5 volumes and obviously loved the Morrison era, Waid's run was good too so I think maybe I'm gonna continue purchasing the paperbacks unless the quality really takes a nosedive with Kelly. I don't think I ever read anything by him, maybe What's so funny about Truth, Justice & the American Way? which was nice.

Spectacular Member Lake Nowhere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    As far as I know the unwrapped series features the pencills, so it's not even inked.

Someting else: what are the opinions on the JLA vol 6 tpb? The new thick one by Kelly and Mahnke? I have the first 5 volumes and obviously loved the Morrison era, Waid's run was good too so I think maybe I'm gonna continue purchasing the paperbacks unless the quality really takes a nosedive with Kelly. I don't think I ever read anything by him, maybe What's so funny about Truth, Justice & the American Way? which was nice.
    I actually think Kelly's run was a little better and definitely more consistent than Waid's run, which really lost focus after a while. Obsidian Age is a great story. I'd definitely pick up Volume 6 and 7.

Incredible Member

Regarding Unwrapped, I'm mostly concerned with the quality of build. Slightly concerned with being able to make out the story with only pencilcs present ( as lovely as I'm sure they are).

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post

Love, love, loved Kelly's run. Definitely better than Waid's run, probably better than Morrison's. Yes I said it! maybe because the bar was set so low, but damn, those stories were great. The sexual tension between Batman and Wonder Woman, the seriousness (or growth rather) of Plastic Man . . . . I could go on. This was a great series. Wish it was in OHC.

Thanks for the JLA responses, definitelly gonna buy it! I love me some Batsy-WW romance since JL/JLU (f#&k the Supes-WW thing, at least in current days, I don't mind it when everybody is old or dead and they are still young looking and handsome).
    Also, I doubt it will be better than Morrison's but that's just my Morrison fanboy side talking from the basement.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Regarding Unwrapped, I'm mostly concerned with the quality of build. Slightly concerned with being able to make out the story with only pencilcs present ( as lovely as I'm sure they are).
    As I owned both Unwrapped and the Regular Hardcovers I figured I'd throw together a quick Imgur album for you with some comparison shots.

http://imgur.com/a/Xu5jC

Id tried to take a good example of gutter loss (comparing it to the normal HC), and a couple examples of where having FCO's colors really add to the experience, if you'd like any more let me know.

You have to also note that Unwrapped only includes the Main features from Issues #1-11 it does not include any of the backups or Annual #1 (which is in the second hardcover)

Spectacular Member

I was totally opposed to having it uninked, but seeing those photos it actually looks pretty slick. Is it oversized?

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    probably better than Morrison's. Yes I said it!.
    Woah now. But yeah, I agree with everything else, very underrated run.

on a side note, I just ordered Scalped Deluxe Vol. 1.
    Also noticed that the Absolute Green Arrow has been delayed until the last week of March. I keep going back and forth on this. I've read it many times and really like it, but do I want to drop the coin on it even at 50 percent off . . .

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Wow, I like the Kelly run, more than Waid's, which seemed flat, but not more than Morrison.

Sidenote, been debating GL or Flash volume 2 omnibus. I went with the Flash, but I may get that GL book in March. The Art is what sells GL for me, but I generally like what I've read of the Flash by John's more.

JSA, GL, the Flash, Justice League, Hawkman, Teen Titans, Superman, Aquaman... The DCU looks like it's John's universe.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    on a side note, I just ordered Scalped Deluxe Vol. 1.
    Also noticed that the Absolute Green Arrow has been delayed until the last week of March. I keep going back and forth on this. I've read it many times and really like it, but do I want to drop the coin on it even at 50 percent off . . .
    I would have been all over that Green Arrow if it were deluxe, but it just doesn't seem like Absolute material to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lake Nowhere View Post
    I would have been all over that Green Arrow if it were deluxe, but it just doesn't seem like Absolute material to me.
    that's the odd thing is that months and months ago it was solicited as a deluxe and then it changed. Not sure why. I agree, plus DC has the Meltzer Deluxe (or will soon release it) that would make a nice matching companion.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    As I owned both Unwrapped and the Regular Hardcovers I figured I'd throw together a quick Imgur album for you with some comparison shots.

http://imgur.com/a/Xu5jC

Id tried to take a good example of gutter loss (comparing it to the normal HC), and a couple examples of where having FCO's colors really add to the experience, if you'd like any more let me know.

You have to also note that Unwrapped only includes the Main features from Issues #1-11 it does not include any of the backups or Annual #1 (which is in the second hardcover)
    Thank you, sir!
    Taking a look now.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    I was totally opposed to having it uninked, but seeing those photos it actually looks pretty slick. Is it oversized?
    Yes its oversized.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Im kind of glad they changed GA. It got me to buy the trade, and made me realize how awful the content was before spending for a premium edition. I couldn't believe how much I hated Quiver. At least with the absolute I can make a profitnon resale.
    Cyclops was right