Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default DC movies have more Oscar wins than Marvel. Congratulations Suicide Squad.

Suicide Squad just won an Oscar for makeup and hair.

So i decided to look at comic book Oscar wins and DC has more than Marvel.

DC

SSquad. -1
    Dark Knight -2
    Batman -1
    Superman -1

Marvel

Big Hero 6 -1
    SM2 -1

Not counting MiB. And BH6 probably shouldnt count cause it was a completely different film.

PS- way more nominations, too.

BANNED

DC also has better movies than Marvel

Would you mind posting the nominations too? that is if you already have the info. I heard the MCU used to receive a fair bit a nominations, but the academy has just stopped caring as of recent. Not sure if this is true.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I liked Big Hero 6, but I still salty The Lego Movie didn't get nominated back in 2015. The Academy's reasoning was that stop-motion didn't qualify as animation, like Big Hero 6, How To Train Your Dragon 2, Song of the Sea and the Tale Of Princess Kaguya. The latter two I doubt the Academy members watched and instead voted for a name they were familiar with (Disney).

absolutely ridiculous that Star Trek didn't beat SS on makeup.

Is this thread for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Would you mind posting the nominations too? that is if you already have the info. I heard the MCU used to receive a fair bit a nominations, but the academy has just stopped caring as of recent. Not sure if this is true.
    I got it from IMBD

Quote Originally Posted by tkitna View Post
    Is this thread for real?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Thanks! The only years that Marvel didn't have anything nominated were 2015 (Ant Man and Ultron) and 2011 (Thor, Cap) so I don't think there is any pattern. I will note though, the two two ugliest MCU films, Ultron and Civil War, did not receive a nomination for special effects (or for anything else), so I do somewhat feel vindicated.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

It should also be mentioned that Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice won four 2017 Razzies in the following categories:

--Worst Supporting Actor (Jesse Eisenberg)
    --Worst Screen Combo (Ben Affleck & Henry Cavill)
    --Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-off or Sequel
    --Worst Screenplay

If it wasn't for Hillary’s America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party which won Worst Picture and Worst Director, BvS would've captured even more "honors". Well played, DC/Warner Brothers! Well played!
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 02-27-2017 at 02:56 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i honestly don't give two rats asses who has more oscars.

it's pointless to compare.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    It should also be mentioned that Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice won four 2017 Razzies in the following categories:

--Worst Supporting Actor (Jesse Eisenberg)
    --Worst Screen Combo (Ben Affleck & Henry Cavill)
    --Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-off or Sequel
    --Worst Screenplay

If it wasn't for Hillary’s America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party which won Worst Picture and Worst Director, BvS would've captured even more "honors". Well played, DC/Warner Brothers! Well played!
    I maintain Batman v Superman only got nominated because of the general opinion of the movie. It's not a fantastic movie, but it had so much expectation to live up to as well as critics just waiting to savage it if it wasn't perfect. Ben Affleck, who was considered one of the best things about the movie, was nominated in Worst Actor. There were other nominees much more deserving of the Razzie, but because BvS was more in the public consciousness it was easier to pick on.

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    I maintain Batman v Superman only got nominated because of the general opinion of the movie. It's not a fantastic movie, but it had so much expectation to live up to as well as critics just waiting to savage it if it wasn't perfect. Ben Affleck, who was considered one of the best things about the movie, was nominated in Worst Actor. There were other nominees much more deserving of the Razzie, but because BvS was more in the public consciousness it was easier to pick on.
    BINGO! Easy target, so the Razzies went all-out on this one to tag along for the ride.

Not sure we needed a thread to stir the pot even further though when it comes to which film won an Oscar. Rather, celebrate another comic book movie broke through the barrier with folks that feel like their 'high standards' exceed funny book films. Deadpool should have made it in as well for comedy.

Wow. Suicide Squad won an Oscar and no other superhero movie even got nominated. That says so much about the times we live in.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Dr. Strange was nominated for special effects. Lost to Jungle book though.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    DC also has better movies than Marvel
    On average? Not true.
    On average i think marvel has better movies then dc.