Page 330 of 668 FirstFirst ... 230280320326327328329330331332333334340380430 ... LastLast
Results 4,936 to 4,950 of 10014

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I actually think Moira has an ulterior motive and she doesnt want Destiny back bc she would be able to see right through her. Pre-cogs can also forsee that which Moira cant have
    Can you trust a person that can judge you for decissions that you havent done yet?

And they could potentially see the whole thing and tell the other mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    Can you trust a person that can judge you for decissions that you havent done yet?

And they could potentially see the whole thing and tell the other mutants.
    They same can be said about telepaths. I wouldnt be able to trust them bc they could read my mind, judge me for things I havent done and expose my hidden thoughts. There are alot of mutant archetypes I wouldnt trust in that universe

Extraordinary Member

They same can be said about telepaths. I wouldnt be able to trust them bc they could read my mind, judge me for things I havent done and expose my hidden thoughts. There are alot of mutant archetypes I wouldnt trust in that universe
    This is how mutantphobia starts, in universe, I mean.

Not real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    This is how mutantphobia starts, in universe, I mean.

Not real life.
    Its valid when you've had "upstanding" mutants like Xavier regularly reading people's thoughts and rewriting them as he sees fit

Extraordinary Member

Its valid when you've had "upstanding" mutants like Xavier regularly reading people's thoughts and rewriting them as he sees fit
    He’s been doing that since the beginning.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Bright Lady have mercy...do some readers here really can't suspend disbelief and separate an imaginary world from our real one?
    That's so tragical.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    He’s been doing that since the beginning.
    Hence why he's not trustworthy. You're supporting my point

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

By that reasoning...the X-Men are not trustworthy, have never been trustworthy and will never be trustworthy. Then why? Oh Why do we continue to read and support and love this franchise and its characters?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

I think it’s a shame Generation X got to date older X-Men before the New Mutants had a chance to.

Let’s see some crack X-Men/New Mutant pairings full force!!!

Doug/Betsy, Rahne/Havok, Dani/Longshot, Karma/Kitty, Rictor/Iceman, Magma/Warren, Magik/Storm, Sunspot/Dazzler, Tabitha/Charles!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    By that reasoning...the X-Men are not trustworthy, have never been trustworthy and will never be trustworthy. Then why? Oh Why do we continue to read and support and love this franchise and its characters?
    well they're not. We're the reader and are privvy to more info but if you were a person in universe, would you honestly be trusting of a group that has regularly taken in the likes of Magneto and Mystique (whom flipped back and forth between being terrorist)? It makes more logical sense for people to be weary of them

So returning to the point of the thread...Saw The New Mutants movie...i thought it was so bad it made X3 and Birds or Prey look good by comparison.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Bottom line is, no Russian person in their right mind would come up with "Illyana". It sounds weird to a Russian ear which is why the Russian translations always change it to Ulyana.
    I think the name 'Ilya' is a Russian male name ,the Russian form of Elijah and because it is a male name , they could explain it is her patrilineal name / 'Otchestvo' (in which case it would be Ilyanovna), but you are right in Russia no one goes by their patrilineal name as their first name. In the comics she basically already has Rasputina as her patrilineal name(which does not even sound right and does have a derogatory meaning) ,so it's a mess for sure.
    Last edited by Rev9; 08-31-2020 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I think the name 'Ilya' is a Russian male name ,the Russian form of Elijah and because it is a male name , they could explain it is her patrilineal name / 'Otchestvo' (in which case it would be Ilyanovna), but you are right in Russia no one goes by their patrilineal name as their first name. In the comics she basically already has Rasputina as her patrilineal name(which does not even sound right and does have a derogatory meaning) ,so it's a mess for sure.
    Isn't Nikolaevna (or however they spell it) her patrilineal name? I'm pretty sure her father's name is Nikolai, and having a different patrilineal name would be just as weird as having "Illyana" for a first name.
    Last edited by Psy-lock; 08-31-2020 at 10:20 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Isn't Nikolaevna (or however they spell it) her patrilineal name? I'm pretty sure her father's name is Nikolai, and having a different patrilineal name would be just as weird as having "Illyana" for a first name.
    Is Nikolaevna her patrilineal name? I didn't know that but I agree with you it's a mess, they just made up a name that they thought sounds cool but it unlike her brother's name just doesn't exist in the language.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Bright Lady have mercy...do some readers here really can't suspend disbelief and separate an imaginary world from our real one?
    That's so tragical.
    Please don't move there goal posts, the response was about right and wrong in a fictional universe - as in what Destiny did to Moira X was wrong. It's got nothing to do with suspension of disbelief, everyone knows it's comic book.

The second part was about that act occurring in real life. But I can't even get a simple "That was wrong" from either situation.