Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Nice to see Starling may be making an appearance.

So is this the Champions fighting CRADLE while also dealing with that dragon monster? If so, jeez, these kids are being pretty brutal. In before they establish all CRADLE agents are jerks so you feel less bad about them getting beat up and sympathize with the kids they're trying to arrest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Dont think so looks like Ironheart is battling him.
    I haven't read her last solo, but has Riri always had funnels with the current armor?

what happened to the remaining teens of the Avengers Academy?

Striker - still active but not used much. Cameoed in Voices last week.
    Veil - depowered
    Mettle - deceased
    Hazmat - appears in Captain Marvel.
    Finesse - appeared in Unstoppable Wasp
    Reptil - still active but not used much. In fact, I think his last appearance was a cameo in Bendis's last issue of Iron Man.

Frontier, that looks like a minor modification to Riri's armor, maybe related to those drones she's using?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So is this the Champions fighting CRADLE while also dealing with that dragon monster? If so, jeez, these kids are being pretty brutal. In before they establish all CRADLE agents are jerks so you feel less bad about them getting beat up and sympathize with the kids they're trying to arrest.
    since this is basically civil war, and the shield agents were called capekillers in that, here they will be called child killers.

I don't think those are CRADLE agents actually. From what little we've seen from them they have mostly non-lethal weaponry, and what looks to be advanced riot gear, with helmets and shields and such. Also, I can't see the cradle insignia anywhere on their persons but that just might be due to the artist. If I had to guess I would think these were a bunch of bad guys who may have tried to use the "dragon" for some evil plot the Champions had to stop.

Also since it's Marvel, C.R.A.D.L.E. may very well be an acronym for a longer name similar to S.H.I.E.L.D. or S.W.O.R.D.; anyone wants to take any guesses of what the full name of the organization is?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    I don't think those are CRADLE agents actually. From what little we've seen from them they have mostly non-lethal weaponry, and what looks to be advanced riot gear, with helmets and shields and such. Also, I can't see the cradle insignia anywhere on their persons but that just might be due to the artist. If I had to guess I would think these were a bunch of bad guys who may have tried to use the "dragon" for some evil plot the Champions had to stop.

Also since it's Marvel, C.R.A.D.L.E. may very well be an acronym for a longer name similar to S.H.I.E.L.D. or S.W.O.R.D.; anyone wants to take any guesses of what the full name of the organization is?
    Maybe "Child Response Apprehension Logistics Enterprise" or something?

Sounds good but if it has Enterprise at the end of the name then that would make them a privately owned enforcement agency being used by the government but technically not under their full authority, which would make for some interesting drama since technically they could get pretty rough/ borderline illegal with how they go about business while the government is either kept in the dark or turns a blind eye and claim no liability for their actions.

You missed out the D. "and Detention"?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Bluebird

Speaking of SHIELD, is Quake still a young adult in the comics? I wonder if she’ll be involved with this.

She's in her early 20s I think.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She's in her early 20s I think.
    In which case, she’d likely be within this story. She’s not a government employee anymore, so I could see her being targeted by the Cradle agents.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what happened to the remaining teens of the Avengers Academy?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Striker - still active but not used much. Cameoed in Voices last week.
    Veil - depowered
    Mettle - deceased
    Hazmat - appears in Captain Marvel.
    Finesse - appeared in Unstoppable Wasp
    Reptil - still active but not used much. In fact, I think his last appearance was a cameo in Bendis's last issue of Iron Man.
    I do wonder if we are gonna see them since we are reaching the 10th anniversary of their book although it seems Champions became bigger hits.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    I do wonder if we are gonna see them since we are reaching the 10th anniversary of their book although it seems Champions became bigger hits.
    The Young Avengers are bigger than both groups and they got dust for their anniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    The Young Avengers are bigger than both groups and they got dust for their anniversary.
    And I have to imagine the YA will get tertiary acknowledgement in this event at least, especially since some of them have been on covers/promotional material.

We know that Hulkling and probably Wiccan will be off world. Certainly, the rest of the YAs should be somehow involved. If Outlawed is a long term status quo and not something that'll be over in six months, then they could easy just get a mini after Empyre is over.