Page 36 of 750 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136536 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Or maybe Comicbook fans in General simply dont care about BP..
    BP being under 20k in sales is simply mind blowing.
    Honestly we're past the point where we even need to worry about sales. BP is a character they will pretty much always have a book for. The IP is valuable enough to the point where it will never go away. They may relaunch the title, but it will never be completely cancelled.

So while high sales numbers is nice, it's not something we need to worry about anymore.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Or maybe Comicbook fans in General simply dont care about BP..
    BP being under 20k in sales is simply mind blowing.
    I care about BP. (I'm not alone).
    I don't care for the absolute garbage that is being written now.
    And I am not one of those Black men who supports just for "support the brotherhood" sake...if crap is shyt then I'm not buying'
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post

Also how is Strikeforce doing?
    just as bad lol

I think it is hilarious people in this thread, THIS THREAD of all threads, would go with the "blacks can't sell" narrative.

Same character that was selling gangbusters until people got bored. and bored more. and bored more. and bored more.

Naw, can't be the writer though. It's the characters skin color.

Dark times indeed.

Next y'all will tell me black characters can't lead movies... right?

Carol was selling like garbage before they finally found a writer people liked btw. A popular comic book vet. Instead of fly by night randos they tried before that had a name outside of comics.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly we're past the point where we even need to worry about sales. BP is a character they will pretty much always have a book for. The IP is valuable enough to the point where it will never go away. They may relaunch the title, but it will never be completely cancelled.

So while high sales numbers is nice, it's not something we need to worry about anymore.
    this is true... and I think historically BP has been usually around 20-30k sales (and I feel nowadays those kinds of books go sub 20k)
    though correct me if im wrong

The comics barely count in terms of public visibility.

At its peak, Coates run sold what, 250 thousand? Something like that?

Even if we assume those numbers aren't inflated... the movie sold 8.3 million tickets in one day.

More people know Panther from T'Chadwick than T'Chumpa. The comics continue to chase after the MCU audience, who simply don't care.

(Don't believe me? How many people were begging for a freaking Red Guardian mini? But he just happens to be in the cast of the Black Widow movie... along with Yelena Bulova & Taskmaster. What a coinkydink!)

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    just as bad lol

I think it is hilarious people in this thread, THIS THREAD of all threads, would go with the "blacks can't sell" narrative.

Same character that was selling gangbusters until people got bored. and bored more. and bored more. and bored more.

Naw, can't be the writer though. It's the characters skin color.

Dark times indeed.

Next y'all will tell me black characters can't lead movies... right?

Carol was selling like garbage before they finally found a writer people liked btw. A popular comic book vet. Instead of fly by night randos they tried before that had a name outside of comics.
    Amen, man lol

Good to see you back in these parts. Dropping some gems.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Time for some fresh blood on the title.
    Wonder how much longer Coates will be on. It’s clear poor sales aren’t going to cut his time on the title short until he decides he’s done.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Wonder how much longer Coates will be on. It’s clear poor sales aren’t going to cut his time on the title short until he decides he’s done.
    Why??? Why should he get all this free regin to mess up BP?

Crappy stories that go on until boredom do not help sales. Coates BP had the luxury of being a new title with all the social media buzz from a blockbuster movie.

Once all that went away, we had a mediocre writer telling a less than mediocre story. Marvel is riding on the name of Coates to keep the shine on BP.

That's not working.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Why??? Why should he get all this free regin to mess up BP?
    Honestly if I had to guess? 1. Marvel either doesn’t see BP as having the potential to be a big seller so they don’t care that Coates isn’t lighting up the charts, 2. the strong sales of Coates first couple of trades have granted him the freedom to do what he wants, 3. Marvel doesn’t have anyone lined up to take over the book so they’re just going to stick with him, or 4. they’re afraid of backlash from firing a well known black writer off their premiere black lead’s solo.
    Last edited by Vordan; 01-22-2020 at 02:54 PM.

It's interesting....for the people on this board saying it's not the writer that's the problem...it's BP. Coates has dropped another issue today and none of the Coates fans have talked about it yet.

That's how much people care about this run at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I wouldn't say bland, but Marvel is hesitant to use Thor's larger mythos. In that regard, Panther fans are lucky, especially because we have less to work with.
    The bungling of the Thor mythos on film is probably one of my greatest disappointments in the MCU.

If Asgard and his supporting cast could have gotten half the development and thought put into it that the Black Panther movie did for his mythos...maybe Ragnarok wouldn't have happened (at least as it did).

Since this is STILL the Black Panther Appreciation Board....any BP sighting anyone wants to talk about today since new comics have come out.

I'm kinda interested on others thoughts on the CM vs BP fight.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Honestly if I had to guess? 1. Marvel either doesn’t see BP as having the potential to be a big seller so they don’t care that Coates isn’t lighting up the charts, 2. the strong sales of Coates first couple of trades have granted him the freedom to do what he wants, 3. Marvel doesn’t have anyone lined up to take over the book so they’re just going to stick with him, or 4. they’re afraid of backlash from firing a well known black writer off their premiere black lead’s solo.
    I imagine 2.
    Nothing against him or his run...it’s not been for me, but I just feel it’s time to try someone new.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The bungling of the Thor mythos on film is probably one of my greatest disappointments in the MCU.

If Asgard and his supporting cast could have gotten half the development and thought put into it that the Black Panther movie did for his mythos...maybe Ragnarok wouldn't have happened (at least as it did).
    I think the basic difference is that Panther's people know who/what his mythos is.

With Thor, they keep tip-toeing around it. 3 different movies, 3 different takes