Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

I'm not clear, but I'm pretty sure current Superman is still the lead of Action and Superman, just that the pre-Flashpoint family is there too.
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    I can't even tell if they're both starring the same version of the character in each of them.
    If that's Superdad too it would certainly make the decision to just drop everything all the easier.

I'm not clear, but I'm pretty sure current Superman is still the lead of Action and Superman, just that the pre-Flashpoint family is there too.
    I didn't get the feeling the New 52 Superman was in it at all because he pointed out it was the pre-FP Superman family, then just said something about a Clark being in the book but it "not being what we think" or something stupid like that. Thus it didn't give me the impression the main Superman, if he can even be called that anymore, is in it at all.

I don't know, if he is in it I could rethink my position, but right now I'm just too exhausted to care anymore. We shouldn't have to be thinking this much about it and being this confused on something so simple as who the star of Action Comics is.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-26-2016 at 10:40 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Fantastic Member

Even IF they're both in the titles sharing the spotlight, that's a nightmare of epic proportions.

Where is New 52 Superman? AND WHY JURGENS??? Dude is done.

Fantastic Member

One of the covers shows Pre-FP Superman removing the black suit to reveal that blue suit bellow it. So, yes, that's Pre-FP Superman and he doesn't have a beard. It actually makes me wonder if something is happening to New52 Superman considering how both would look very similar now.

DC needs some new blood, not excited about any of this news. I'll keep the books dropped until they actually get their act together. What a joke.

Where is New 52 Superman?

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Where is New 52 Superman?
    I guess DC figured that him working his ass off made him worthless as a character so that he needed retconning for a guy who I am pondering what his excuses for being on the sidelines are. Which is funny considering I still would have a hard time buying the depowerment excuse or the never could show up on time excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by NeonZ View Post
    One of the covers shows Pre-FP Superman removing the black suit to reveal that blue suit bellow it. So, yes, that's Pre-FP Superman and he doesn't have a beard. It actually makes me wonder if something is happening to New52 Superman considering how both would look very similar now.
    Yeah, I mean I'm trying not to get too paranoid about it, but given that: they didn't mention whether or not Superman would star New-52 Superman, Superdad is looking a lot younger and more like N52 Supes, Action Comics seems to be snagging Lex as a Villain, and somehow there is a kid running around with Superman's powers, well I'm starting to think that New 52 Superman might lose his powers and Superdad may takeover altogether.

No red boots on Superman's costume anymore! Just a pair of red stripes above blue boots.
    Sounds like too much blue on the costume. It needs to be broken up.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Astonishing Member

God, that's underwhelming.

BANNED

Wait, what? Pre-52 Supes on Action? But it looks like post-52 on the cover? Or did they make pre-52 younger? What a nightmare.

* Dan Jurgens on Action with Patrick Zircher, Tyler Kirkham, Stephen Segovia. Pre-Flashpoint Superman Family moves to Metropolis, first storyline "Path of Doom" involves Lex declaring himself Superman of Metropolis (but New 52 Clark is still there and still seems to be the star), Doomsday coming to Metropolis.
    I hope that's the truth. Still, like many others, I hope that Lois and Clark go back to their own unverse sooner rather than later.
    Last edited by dumbduck; 03-26-2016 at 11:06 AM.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Yeah, I see it now, that's Pre-Flashpoint Superman in Tomasi's book.

With the exception of Supergirl (and hopefully Superwoman, don't know much about Jimenez's writing), this seems like an unqualified disaster on an even more significant scale than I would have anticipated.
    Buh-bye

Underwhelming. Last year around this time had some much potential Ditto 2014 but now it is just like ehhhhh

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Mark my words. They are merging both Supermen.