Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock Holmes View Post
    Does anyone have any thoughts/info on who the other two Infinity Inc cameos in Young Justice Outsiders are?

Attachment 96809

We know that the girl in red is Trajectory, I initially assumed that the other girl was Nat "Starlight" Irons, Steel's niece, but Wikipedia identifies her as Fury (based on a race-swapped version of the DCAU Fury, who has no II connections, and Lex's Fury was an entirely different character (more like an Obsidian/Timber Wolf-hybrid IIRC) but provides no sources; and they can't agree which II member the guy is, intially the (again unsourced) id was Everyman (which would make sense, he was a bald-guy who wore blue, FWIW the DC wiki went with this), but now lists him as Brainwave, despite Henry usually being a redhead and the psionic role already being filled by Bad Samaritan and potentially Psimon.

Thoughts?
    The bald reminds me of Everyman while the blue costume says Jacob Colby/Skyman however the original Brainwave was also bald so who knows. I would say Starlight, Trajectory and Skyman.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock Holmes View Post
    Does anyone have any thoughts/info on who the other two Infinity Inc cameos in Young Justice Outsiders are?

Attachment 96809

We know that the girl in red is Trajectory, I initially assumed that the other girl was Nat "Starlight" Irons, Steel's niece, but Wikipedia identifies her as Fury (based on a race-swapped version of the DCAU Fury, who has no II connections, and Lex's Fury was an entirely different character (more like an Obsidian/Timber Wolf-hybrid IIRC) but provides no sources; and they can't agree which II member the guy is, intially the (again unsourced) id was Everyman (which would make sense, he was a bald-guy who wore blue, FWIW the DC wiki went with this), but now lists him as Brainwave, despite Henry usually being a redhead and the psionic role already being filled by Bad Samaritan and potentially Psimon.

Thoughts?
    Starlight? What era was that in the comics? Natasha nowadays is Steel, most recently seen as a Titan, so you'd think if they used her in the show, it'd be as Steel.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Starlight? What era was that in the comics? Natasha nowadays is Steel, most recently seen as a Titan, so you'd think if they used her in the show, it'd be as Steel.
    Infinity Inc vol 2:

Infinity_Inc._v.2_1.jpg

List of Powers during that period: https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Natasha_I..._Earth)#Powers

YJ #15 is out.

Classic lineup cameo!
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    YJ #15 is out.

Classic lineup cameo!
    There were a lot of flashbacks this issue - including to the Bogdanovic art from Superboy's issue. It was really cool seeing all the pieces finally coming together. I thought it made a lot of sense, and really enjoyed all the character interactions, and how it leads direction into the next issue, but also to what's going on in Action Comics with The House of Kent. It's been so long, but it was worth the wait, and I can't wait till the next issue!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Well, the ending of the issue made it seem that the membership is going to be large, and perhaps be a revolving door regarding stories.

When Jinny says "we're all officially Young Justice", she was addressing everyone. The original core members, as well as Naomi, Amythest, Wonder Twins, Dial "H" kids.

Honestly, I would like to see this idea happen. Say, a three issue arc that contains Superboy, Impulse, Dial "H" and Teen Lantern. The next arc would be Drake, Wonder Girl, Naomi, Wonder Twins. Could be interesting

I thought it was another solid issue. Doesn't really tell us anything we hadn't already guessed though. We knew the Gemworld suffered from Crisis events without having their history altered (or at least not as badly as earth), we knew Conner was stuck there. Easy enough to tell that reality got a reboot while he was off the board.

But it's nice to have confirmation, and I'm very interested in seeing what the next issue brings us. Why *does* Bart feel it's so important for the team to be back together? Why does he want *everyone* available? I'm a sucker for that kid having super important secrets and information, he's such an unlikely source.

And I like the idea of a larger roster. Feels like this issue took us a step closer to the tv show and gave us a weird fusion; the classic YJ4 at the core, with a wider roster of new faces to call in as needed. Official League sanction. This works for me and I like the direction we're looking at.

This book. I like it. ANOTHER!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    Well, the ending of the issue made it seem that the membership is going to be large, and perhaps be a revolving door regarding stories.

When Jinny says "we're all officially Young Justice", she was addressing everyone. The original core members, as well as Naomi, Amythest, Wonder Twins, Dial "H" kids.

Honestly, I would like to see this idea happen. Say, a three issue arc that contains Superboy, Impulse, Dial "H" and Teen Lantern. The next arc would be Drake, Wonder Girl, Naomi, Wonder Twins. Could be interesting
    Not really...
    The CORE4 (Superboy,Wonder Girl,Drake and Impulse) have to stand together, the rest could vary!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I thought it was another solid issue. Doesn't really tell us anything we hadn't already guessed though. We knew the Gemworld suffered from Crisis events without having their history altered (or at least not as badly as earth), we knew Conner was stuck there. Easy enough to tell that reality got a reboot while he was off the board.

But it's nice to have confirmation, and I'm very interested in seeing what the next issue brings us. Why *does* Bart feel it's so important for the team to be back together? Why does he want *everyone* available? I'm a sucker for that kid having super important secrets and information, he's such an unlikely source.

And I like the idea of a larger roster. Feels like this issue took us a step closer to the tv show and gave us a weird fusion; the classic YJ4 at the core, with a wider roster of new faces to call in as needed. Official League sanction. This works for me and I like the direction we're looking at.

Yes and No...

Yes to large roster..

No to current roster...

Amethyst, Aqualad and Teen Lantern are nice additions, for the rest there are better solutions like Static,Blue Beetle,Traci 13,Raven (I think original Titans will return, so I think she will be free to join a new team)...

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

Agreed. It wasn't surprising, but it was nice to see the characters piece things together. And it feels like there's definitely plans for this book to at least lay the groundwork for a really fun status quo and adventures for quite a while, which I'm glad to see.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Amethyst, Aqualad and Teen Lantern are nice additions, for the rest there are better solutions like Static,Blue Beetle,Traci 13,Raven (I think original Titans will return, so I think she will be free to join a new team)...
    Hey, Static's finally available now (the Milestone legal issues have been sorted), I wonder if he'll be added next year?

Yeah, the New Justice Titans are definitely history (and Teen Titans likely doesn't have much longer either). After Death Metal, I wouldn't be surprised if it relaunched with a new roster. I don't see Raven joining YJ. She's one of the faces of the Titans.

I'd be fine with a larger roster if Bendis was going to pass the baton to someone I had more confidence writing said larger roster...

Is Jim Zub still Marvel Exclusive?

The former Champions writer... he'd be good. And I do wonder if this post indicates that ALL of his existing projects got cancelled (he's basically saying all his plans were nuked). I haven't even seen Conan the Barbarian re-solicited.

Astonishing Member

A smaller roster(4-7 characters) might work better with YJ as the roster is now.

BANNED

do you guys think once bendis leaves the title will DC keep the team of they will disband them once again?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd be fine with a larger roster if Bendis was going to pass the baton to someone I had more confidence writing said larger roster...

Is Jim Zub still Marvel Exclusive?
    Is Bendis saying that he's leaving YJ?