Page 458 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 3584084484544554564574584594604614624685085589581458 ... LastLast
Results 6,856 to 6,870 of 75153
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    It is baffling to consider how exactly Canadians came to have such a superiority complex toward America, when your country's history of race relations is just as shameful as ours. This becomes even more inexcusable when you take into account that as Canada's climate isn't suitable for large scale plantation agriculture, your economy never depended on slavery and thus there was no need to create a system of institutionalized discrimination in order to maintain it, yet racism somehow became deeply ingrained in your society anyway.
    Since racism against marginalised groups is such a concern of yours I'm sure we'd all like to know your thoughts on this.

Mighty Member

Uh oh, the quote above looks like someone on this board might have been trying to goad me back into a conversation, but alas...I can't see what they originally wrote

In other news, it looks like Teflon Trudeau is going to survive another scandal, I do regret voting for Jagmeet Singh as Trudeau and my premier have provided such strong leadership on COVID 19 that I feel completely safe.

No riots, or weird anti covid public gatherings, everyone wears a facemask when necessary, and politely steps out of their way with their hand sanitizer at doorways. Now if you excuse me, I must go charge my hybrid, and make my vegan smoothie for breakfast, tah, tah.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/gre...olls-1.5666287

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Trump says coronavirus stimulus checks, direct payments may be more than $1,200

President Donald Trump says he wants the next coronavirus relief package to be "very generous" with direct stimulus payments to Americans that are potentially more than $1,200.

"It may go higher than that, actually," Trump said in an interview on Wednesday with ABC affiliate KMID in Texas during a trip to the state.

"I'd like to see it be very high because I love the people," he said. "I want the people to get it."
    Trailing Joe Biden in the polls, in some cases, trailing badly, well aware his greatest hits of peddling hate and fear isn't working with the rubes like it used to, Trump is trying to buy votes instead. Go ahead, Donnie, send that check, I'll gladly cash it, but I'm still ridin' with Biden!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Trump says coronavirus stimulus checks, direct payments may be more than $1,200

Trailing Joe Biden in the polls, in some cases, trailing badly, well aware his greatest hits of peddling hate and fear isn't working with the rubes like it used to, Trump is trying to buy votes instead. Go ahead, Donnie, send that check, I'll gladly cash it, but I'm still ridin' with Biden!
    Riden' with Biden!

Trump can't win on personality: Trump: 'Nobody likes me. It can only be my personality'

Trump can't win on the Economy: America's economy just had its worst quarter on record

Trump can't win on Foreign Relations: US to pull 12,000 troops out of Germany as Trump blasts 'delinquent' Berlin

Trump can't win on the Military: Trump Says He Didn't Talk to Putin About Claims of Russian Bounties on US Troops

Trump definitely can't win on unity: Trump Wanted His Portland Policy to Backfire — But Not Like This

Or his handling of the Coronavirus: Trump and his allies respond with pseudo-science as US death toll hits 150,000

The only way he stands a chance is to try to mimic what Biden is doing, which is an absurd farce.
    Last edited by Tami; 07-30-2020 at 06:28 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

More desperation from Spongedon Whinepants as he feels the walls closing in:

Trump floats idea of delaying the November election, a power granted to Congress, as he ramps up attacks on voting by mail

President Trump on Thursday floated the prospect of delaying the November election, as he ramped up his attacks on mail-in voting, claiming without evidence that its widespread use would be a “catastrophic disaster” that could lead to fraudulent results.

The U.S. Constitution gives the power to regulate the “time, place and manner” of elections to the U.S. House and Senate, with Congress also empowered to alter the rules. Nowhere is the president granted such power.

In addition, the Constitution spells out a hard end to a president’s term on Jan. 20 in the year following a presidential election.
    Even with the Senate in Republican hands and a right leaning SCOTUS, there's no way in hell Trump can delay the election, or stay in office past January 20th, no matter how many markers he calls in with Moscow Mitch or Bad Vlad. The clock is ticking on this abomination of a presidency.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 07-30-2020 at 07:10 AM.

https://twitter.com/bencjacobs/statu...857220608?s=21

Just saw this that Herman Caine has passed away.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

So, Herman Cain died.

Extraordinary Member

Assuming this is a verified story he 100% got it after being sent to Trump’s Tulsa fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    More desperation from Spongedon Whinepants as he feels the walls closing in:

Trump floats idea of delaying the November election, a power granted to Congress, as he ramps up attacks on voting by mail

Even with the Senate in Republican hands and a right leaning SCOTUS, there's no way in hell Trump can delay the election, or stay in office past January 20th, no matter how many markers he calls in with Moscow Mitch or Bad Vlad. The clock is ticking on this abomination of a presidency.
    This is worth reading: Does the Constitution allow for a delayed presidential election?

Trump can't hold onto office without an election. Even if there is a crisis, the election can be delayed but only for a short time and only with a hard deadline as to when it will occur. There is a hard date for the Electoral College to meet and vote, and a hard date as to the last day for a President, January 20, unless he or she is reelected to a 2nd term.

If Trump somehow manages to disable the election process, there would be no clear winner. As long as the Democrats hold the House:

Absent a clear winner of the presidential election on January 20, the Speaker of the House would serve as Acting President under the current succession law. The 20th Amendment requires that the duly elected president and vice president assume their positions at some point. “Congress may by law provide for the case wherein neither a President elect nor a Vice President shall have qualified, declaring who shall then act as President, or the manner in which one who is to act shall be selected, and such person shall act accordingly until a President or Vice President shall have qualified.”
    Nancy Pelosi would be the next Presdient.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post

Wow, wasn't he totally "anti-mask wearing"??

God forgive me but if its true, that's a very stupid way to die.

EDIT: Oh...its true.

Damn.
    Last edited by Username taken; 07-30-2020 at 08:06 AM.

Astonishing Member

Here's an article about Cain's death. I wish the far right would take the pandemic seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post

Got an alert about that. Sad, and, above all, senseless when you consider Cain had the means to protect himself, hell, he never should've been in Tulsa in the first place, given his age and health issues, but chose not to because he put loyalty to Trump first.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

It's a sad, lonely way to die.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    Right, it may be satire but I personally think it borders on character assassination and is open to libel, of course it won't be pursued because Senator Cotton has opened himself up to a much deserved browbeating with his racially insensitive remark. if that's your rising star, than your party is in a lot of trouble.

As for the 1619 project, I still haven't bothered to read it, but the fact that historians from major universities (in which many happen to be liberal) have petitioned against the article, and that the journalist had to correct her own article is not a good sign, but history is written by non historians all the time for political purposes.

I am perturbed that school districts in the United States would implement something by someone not qualified to write history, but then again, your the country that had states banning the teaching of evolution, so I am not surprised.

Anyways I'm out of the American political chit chat, your country is too polarized...but if you want to chat Canadian politics I'm all ears.
    Cotton might be considered a rising star, although it's a stretch to call him the 2024 frontrunner, as some have done. I'm unaware of any poll showing him in the top five, let alone in first place.

A wrinkle with Cotton making such a big deal of the 1619 project is that the main purpose seems to be to to elevate an African American candidate for statewide office.

If you're asking "why are people talking about a 2019 magazine package," Cotton introduced this a few weeks after Michigan Sen. Gary Peters introduced the 1619 Act, which would increase funding for teaching black history (not related to the Project itself)

Peters's GOP opponent, John James, is a black veteran who's running the only competitive R campaign in a blue state Senate race rn.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets