Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Honestly the current incarnation of the book doesnt feel like New Mutants and probably should have been a new volume of Generation X and rotated between different casts of younger characters. Dani's outgrown "New Mutants" as a concept save the occasional reunions which we did get with Hickman's run. That was a special case as the team was sent to get an old teammate. They should have dispersed after with Dani finding a role in X-Factor or X-Force. NM has too many damn characters and Dani isnt at near the top when it comes to writer interests
    I’m pretty sure the reason for the title is/was because of the upcoming movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I’m pretty sure the reason for the title is/was because of the upcoming movie.
    It seemed to exist bc Hickman had a story he wanted to tell, which tied directly into plots he was setting up for Xmen. The NM mini series from 2018 seemed like a movie cash grab....this one not so much especially with the studio constantly delaying beyond anything Marvel could control or synchronize with

Honestly the current incarnation of the book doesnt feel like New Mutants and probably should have been a new volume of Generation X and rotated between different casts of younger characters. Dani's outgrown "New Mutants" as a concept save the occasional reunions which we did get with Hickman's run. That was a special case as the team was sent to get an old teammate. They should have dispersed after with Dani finding a role in X-Factor or X-Force. NM has too many damn characters and Dani isnt at near the top when it comes to writer interests
    Total agreement. Dani really needs a different team. (All the OG NewMutants do really.) I'd love it if she ended up on a book written by Vita Ayala. I finally got around to reading issue #3 of Prisoner X, and really liked their take on Dani. That's why I'm so excited about Empyre: X-men #3.

Absolute facts. Honestly New Mutants could have been a quick arc in the main X-Men title because the story concluded there anyway. After XoS I’m praying for a writer change or at least a change in direction. Dani and the other OGs deserve a spot on grownup teams.

BANNED

*Pretty Nobody Really Cared* about Generation X and the different casts of younger characters. That's the reason Marvel killed them off in the end to begin with. They were basically a plot device that kept running out of steam,basically because people realized the concepts behind the book never really made any sense and kept getting worse and worse over time.

Gen X represented the same problems that ended up killing the Original New Mutants series,but taken to a even worse level-lousy plots and concepts,even worse art,ect,ect,ect.

If this book ever becomes a Gen X centered title you can kiss it good-bye faster than the RMS Titanic sank.
    Last edited by c-lei; 07-31-2020 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by c-lei View Post
    *Pretty Nobody Really Cared* about Generation X and the different casts of younger characters. That's the reason Marvel killed them off in the end to begin with. They were basically a plot device that kept running out of steam,basically because people realized the concepts behind the book never really made any sense and kept getting worse and worse over time.

Gen X represented the same problems that ended up killing the Original New Mutants series,but taken to a even worse level-lousy plots and concepts,even worse art,ect,ect,ect.

If this book ever becomes a Gen X centered title you can kiss it good-bye faster than the RMS Titanic sank.
    We know it's you Glob....stop tryna be sly
    GrindrStone(D)

So what are you favourite badass Dani moments?

One of mine is when she faces the Beyonder. She knows she's going to die, but she charges him anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Moonstar’s introduction in FEARLESS DEFENDERS #2 confirmed her status as Badass even when depowered...
    Also here’s artist Will Sliney’s character profile on Dani from that period: https://www.comicsbeat.com/will-slin...dani-moonstar/

I wish the book had found its audience and lasted longer. Has there been any pickup of the Valkyries of Earth plot anywhere?

Another is Dani’s stint as a guest instructor in AVENGERS:THE INITIATIVE where, again “powerless” she faces down a version of the Demon Bear manifested by the (punk b*tch a$$)character Trauma (who turned out to be one of Nightmare’s kids no?)

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Another is Dani’s stint as a guest instructor in AVENGERS:THE INITIATIVE where, again “powerless” she faces down a version of the Demon Bear manifested by the (punk b*tch a$$)character Trauma (who turned out to be one of Nightmare’s kids no?)

Dani and Beast should have been running the Intiative instead of Gyrich and SkrullPym, she definitely would have done a better job training the kids than Gauntlet.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post

Dani was at Camp Hammond as a covert agent...
    she was there to scope out the talent and report back to her friend Rahne Sinclair
    lol
    GrindrStone(D)

What’s up with all the racist Pocahontas insults? These writers need to come up with something more creative

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    What’s up with all the racist Pocahontas insults? These writers need to come up with something more creative
    It's basically the only one they can print.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Last "badass Dani Moonstar" from me for this round...
    It was poorly rendered but her late in Issue #1 of the 2003 series NEW MUTANTS was badass enough to buy the book the benefit of the doubt to see where the book was going.
    Unfortunately the art didn't get much better and Dani was relegated to a smock wearing hand holder for the new generation of whiny mutants...

Last edited by Thirteen; 08-02-2020 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post

Corporate Synergy! Disney owns Marvel, Pocahontas was a Disney Princess! (sarcasm)
    Adam Pollina even drew Dani to resemble Pocahontas at one point.