Page 32 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prepmaster View Post
    The guy himself is corporatism. He is among the wealthiest people.
    Which, as always, is a shallow "woke" reading of his status as an icon and what he stands for. It is the equivalent of Diana only being depicted as a barbaric warrior woman.

He can and has been depicted in such ways, but it's not the only versions that exist. He's often sneered at as being a bleeding heart by the other wealthy elite in Gotham for a reason. Again, I would need something concrete for why he is ideologically opposed to Ivy beyond "he's rich and white, so of course he is corporatism." Poisoning people and feeding them to plants is something any decent person would be against, regardless of their wealth. To bring this back to Wonder Woman, who is NOT corporate, she wouldn't side with Ivy's methods either.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The protector of human lives thing is pretty much what I said.

There isn't too much of an ideological difference. Batman isn't against environmentalism, and aside from Gordon and a few others he doesn't bow down to the law. I don't think he'd prioritize taking down Ivy if she wasn't feeding people to giant venus flytraps. Wonder Woman would be OOC if she put up with Ivy's more extreme methods as well.
    Batman at least cares about property damage. So Ivy ripping apart a factory would at least catch his attention. But yeah if Ivy was less violent and destructive she wouldn't be a villain.

Let's nudge this back on track, please. Ivy and Batman discussions should be for another forum.

Thanks!
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

BANNED

To bring this back to Wonder Woman, who is NOT corporate, she wouldn't side with Ivy's methods either.
    The concept of WW is Feminism & Empathy. Ivy is the dark & crazy side of Feminism. If there is anyone that WW feel empathic to, it would be Ivy. WW wouldn't let Ivy murder innocents but she would be more forgiving to Ivy.
    Last edited by prepmaster; 08-01-2020 at 12:24 AM.

Cheetah is rumored to be in the new Suicide Squad game.
    https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2020/...at-dc-fandome/

As presumably one of the playable characters, I would hope she will be treated reasonably well here. As this looks to be a Squad vs. Justice League game, maybe she will be the proper one to pit against Diana here instead of Quinn.

As presumably one of the playable characters, I would hope she will be treated reasonably well here. As this looks to be a Squad vs. Justice League game, maybe she will be the proper one to pit against Diana here instead of Quinn.
    Don't start giving them ideas.

I remember Cheetah being on the New 52 Suicide Squad for five minutes, so I was kind of wondering if she'd be in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I remember Cheetah being on the New 52 Suicide Squad for five minutes, so I was kind of wondering if she'd be in this.
    Yeah, but her being in the SS wasn't really good and they severely depowered her.

I'd rather she not be in this if it means she's on par with the others. She's a powerhouse and deserves better.

Cheetah may be under powered or even (God forbid) killed off, and the first major advertisement tease is Superman being set up as a boss that you have to beat up/kill

This thing has the potential to be tailor made to piss me off

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Cheetah may be under powered or even (God forbid) killed off, and the first major advertisement tease is Superman being set up as a boss that you have to beat up/kill

This thing has the potential to be tailor made to piss me off
    Where? In that upcoming suicide squar videogame? So we already have info confirming that Cheetah will be in it?

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Where? In that upcoming suicide squar videogame? So we already have info confirming that Cheetah will be in it?
    I don't think we've gotten an official announcement of who is on the Squad yet, but she's rumored to be on the team in the video game.

Ugh, Cheetah should be kept away from Bat-characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Yeah, but her being in the SS wasn't really good and they severely depowered her.

I'd rather she not be in this if it means she's on par with the others. She's a powerhouse and deserves better.
    She might not be an exact powerhouse so as to be balanced better with her teammates but they could still use her abilities well.

At least having her be playable means she's not going to just job.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Ugh, Cheetah should be kept away from Bat-characters.
    The only playable Bat characters are Harley and Deadshot. The other rumored villains/antiheroes are general threats (El Diablo, Enchantress), a Flash villain (Captain Boomerang), and an Aquaman villain (King Shark).

Incredible Member

tumblr_1e869f0186c83d363d4573a54a2ad544_06d52db6_500.jpg

We're obviously not the intended audience, but Circe, Cheetah and Giganta are the villains in the "Step into Reading" book featuring Wonder Woman. This makes me miss the purple hair/green dress Circe depiction.