Page 9 of 80 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    As a Steelers fan I have become confused. What does "AB" stand for? Always Bitchin?
    In all seriousness, I am a fan of the guy. I really hope the way he is acting is not a result of CTE.

If he is, I really hope it was not from the playoff against Cinci, where Burfict took his head off, and the penalty caused a Steelers win. I'd feel really bad about my reaction to that flag, at the time.
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    OBJ is a WR. The Chiefs have Watkins and Hill. They also can draft a WR in this years draft as well. Hunt was a RB and I brought up Bell. But Williams stepped in very well the end of the season playing solid. KC can draft a RB in middle of rounds and save that. KC needs money for defense. They need to upgrade and get that defense better. They already loaded offensively.
    It's very unlikely the Chiefs draft a WR better than OBJ in the draft. If you have a WR corp of Hill, OBJ, and Watkins then literally no secondary can cover that. Mahomes is going to have a top tier to elite target open on nearly every play. It'll be a nightmare. And it presents the same match up difficulties of a Hunt for defenses getting spread thin. Sure you lose some of the run game and a guy catching out of the backfield, but it makes sense.

KC does need defense, but they are an offensive team and need that power. Nobody knows what Mahomes will be without that

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    It's very unlikely the Chiefs draft a WR better than OBJ in the draft. If you have a WR corp of Hill, OBJ, and Watkins then literally no secondary can cover that. Mahomes is going to have a top tier to elite target open on nearly every play. It'll be a nightmare. And it presents the same match up difficulties of a Hunt for defenses getting spread thin. Sure you lose some of the run game and a guy catching out of the backfield, but it makes sense.

KC does need defense, but they are an offensive team and need that power. Nobody knows what Mahomes will be without that
    Would the chiefs with OBJ or AB be better than the Pats? If yes, anything is worth it.
    When I was seventeen,

My name was Brian McGee,
    When I was seventeen.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post

Would the chiefs with OBJ or AB be better than the Pats? If yes, anything is worth it.

Hill , Kelce , Williams ....and Watkins already present matchup issues. They are gonna need a defense. You can't expect Mahomes to throw 50 TD's a season and not upgrade a defense and hope your offense scores non-stop. It didn't help the Saints for years as we saw til they started concentrating on upgrades to defense. The Chiefs don't have the cap space to keep the defensive stars (Ford , Jones) and pay another top WR because Hill is younger and will demand a new deal next season.

KC lost to the Patriots due to defense as we saw. Its not because they didn't have enough offense. I mean they scored 31 points in less amount of time than what New England had control of the ball. So they have to upgrade that unit .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

AB would eat cap up.

OBJ would be better cap wise.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    AB would eat cap up.

Time to CRUNCH the numbers. Courtesy of Overthecap .

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/kansas-city-chiefs/

The Chiefs only have $900,000 nearly in dead money which is good. But salary cap wise they only have $26+ million to work with in 2019. Now take in mind they have 2 key free agents Mitch Morse (an all-pro center who ranks very high) and Dee Ford. Ford is likely to be tagged. Justin Houston maybe cut if he doesn't take a big pay cut to help the team to clear cap room.

Now to look at OBJ's contract ....His cap hit is $21+ million total this season like Houston's. AB's is $22+ million this season. So your not saving much. Both are too expensive for KC to move on and the team needs help on defense BADLY to get better. Plus they have to look at 2020 where Tyreek Hill and Chris Jones will be free agents and the big one...Pat Mahomes will be a free agent as well. A big $$$ one for a NFL MVP.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Hill , Kelce , Williams ....and Watkins already present matchup issues. They are gonna need a defense. You can't expect Mahomes to throw 50 TD's a season and not upgrade a defense and hope your offense scores non-stop. It didn't help the Saints for years as we saw til they started concentrating on upgrades to defense. The Chiefs don't have the cap space to keep the defensive stars (Ford , Jones) and pay another top WR because Hill is younger and will demand a new deal next season.

KC lost to the Patriots due to defense as we saw. Its not because they didn't have enough offense. I mean they scored 31 points in less amount of time than what New England had control of the ball. So they have to upgrade that unit .
    KC's not that far away on defense. They get maligned because of the ranking, but this is a defense that basically took apart Andrew Luck and the Colts. And I can't completely blame their D for failing to stop Edelman. The guy routinely baffles defenses on 3rd down, he's some kind of wizard. The real problem was that they had to concentrate so much on stopping guys like Edelman that they couldn't spare pass rushers.

So yah they need more good coverage guys with speed.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

AB would eat cap up.

I doubt that... Every NFL team think they can "fix" anyone. It has been proven time and time again.
    When I was seventeen,

My name was Brian McGee,
    When I was seventeen.

Time to CRUNCH the numbers. Courtesy of Overthecap .

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/kansas-city-chiefs/

The Chiefs only have $900,000 nearly in dead money which is good. But salary cap wise they only have $26+ million to work with in 2019. Now take in mind they have 2 key free agents Mitch Morse (an all-pro center who ranks very high) and Dee Ford. Ford is likely to be tagged. Justin Houston maybe cut if he doesn't take a big pay cut to help the team to clear cap room.

Now to look at OBJ's contract ....His cap hit is $21+ million total this season like Houston's. AB's is $22+ million this season. So your not saving much. Both are too expensive for KC to move on and the team needs help on defense BADLY to get better. Plus they have to look at 2020 where Tyreek Hill and Chris Jones will be free agents and the big one...Pat Mahomes will be a free agent as well. A big $$$ one for a NFL MVP.
    Isn't OBJ's long-term more team-friendly than AB's?

Because OBJ goes 21-19-19-19-15 and AB goes 22-18-19.

OBJ appears on paper and Twitter to be willing to restructure to play more & win and AB wants to restructure to get paid more.

I doubt that... Every NFL team think they can "fix" anyone. It has been proven time and time again.
    Cap as in capspace.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 02-21-2019 at 01:22 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Bengals poach the Giants Defensive Backs Coach Lou Anarumo to be their Defensive Coordinator.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ve-coordinator

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Patriots owner Robert Kraft charged with soliciting prostitution in Florida spa

New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft was charged with two counts of soliciting prostitution in connection with a Florida spa tied to an international human trafficking ring, police said Friday.

The NFL owner was charged with paying for sexual services at Orchids of Asia Day Spa in Jupiter.

The spa was among 10 shut down in Orlando, Palm Beach County and the Treasure Coast after a several-month investigation revealed women there were in "sexual servitude," according to arrest records.

A detective said the acts were captured on surveillance video.
    Oh, I can't wait to see how Roger Goodell spins this mess. The TOP owner in the league, caught acting like a common, middle class john paying for a roll in the hay with a hooker. That's gonna reverberate like nobody's business.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Patriots owner Robert Kraft charged with soliciting prostitution in Florida spa

Oh, I can't wait to see how Roger Goodell spins this mess. The TOP owner in the league, caught acting like a common, middle class john paying for a roll in the hay with a hooker. That's gonna reverberate like nobody's business.
    Well, at least it's not something game-related for once.

He'll probably get nominated to be the next Chief of Staff.

The headlines are gold, BTW.

Kraft Caught Deflating His Balls

Patriot's Owner Gets 7th Ring

Patriot's Owner Cheats On and Off Field
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 02-22-2019 at 10:52 AM.

OBJ is a WR. The Chiefs have Watkins and Hill. They also can draft a WR in this years draft as well. Hunt was a RB and I brought up Bell. But Williams stepped in very well the end of the season playing solid. KC can draft a RB in middle of rounds and save that. KC needs money for defense. They need to upgrade and get that defense better. They already loaded offensively.
    Not to mention Mahomes is so good that the Chiefs could just probably do ok using a really fast chicken with a basket tied on top in a WR slot.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Well, at least it's not something game-related for once.

He'll probably get nominated to be the next Chief of Staff.

The headlines are gold, BTW.

Kraft Caught Deflating His Balls

Patriot's Owner Gets 7th Ring

Patriot's Owner Cheats On and Off Field
    Well, at his age (77), I suspect Kraft is probably more in the way of a minuteman between the sheets, at least without the help of that legendary little blue pill.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, at his age (77), I suspect Kraft is probably more in the way of a minuteman between the sheets, at least without the help of that legendary little blue pill.
    Rather than have a Run & Shoot offense, we should brand the Patriots offense the "rub & tug" in honor of Kraft.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.