Page 77 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2767737475767778 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1167

Again in the end if The Punisher and DD really do go to war or a big showdown I hope Frank ends up killing the Hand. Like really slaughtering them. I hope.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Again in the end if The Punisher and DD really do go to war or a big showdown I hope Frank ends up killing the Hand. Like really slaughtering them. I hope.
    The thing is with The Hand, though, is that they die a lot. Like, a lot a lot. Other than being ninjas, it's basically their thing.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

It’s rather disappointing how it seems to be unfolding as of the last issue. Instead of DD and Elektra going to the Punisher and the Hand to eliminate them once and for all as has been their plan, it turns out their conflict will only happen because the Punisher found out DD and Elektra broke out some prisoners and now he’s going to them. Rather lame if that’s really how it all intimately concludes. I really hope not.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 12-14-2022 at 07:03 PM.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

DD2022.jpg

Some fanart of the new suit I made. Im loving this current arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    It’s rather disappointing how it seems to be unfolding as of the last issue. Instead of DD and Elektra going to the Punisher and the Hand to eliminate them once and for all as has been their plan, it turns out their conflict will only happen because the Punisher found out DD and Elektra broke out some prisoners and now he’s going to them. Rather lame if that’s really how it all intimately concludes. I really hope not.
    I am still not sure where this story goes between Frank, the Hand, Matt and Elektra, the Fist and more. They are going to meet in the next couple of issues. The Punisher series has been great in my opinion. I like the story so far. We will see where this all ends up between Punisher & DD. I want to see Frank in the end put the Hand down for once and for all.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    The thing is with The Hand, though, is that they die a lot. Like, a lot a lot. Other than being ninjas, it's basically their thing.
    Have Frank slaughter them all. Every last one. Keep them dead for like 10-20 years (its comics).

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

DAREDEVIL #9
    CHIP ZDARSKY (W) • MANUEL GARCIA (A) • COVER BY MARCO CHECCHETTO
    VARIANT COVER BY JUNI BA • TIMELESS ELEKTRA VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY ALEX ROSS
    TIMELESS ELEKTRA VIRGIN SKETCH VARIANT COVER BY ALEX ROSS
    For over three years, Daredevil’s life has been a living hell – between the Stromwyns, the Hand and his time incarcerated and exposed to ReCID. Now all of those dangerous forces are coming together and threatening everything Matt Murdock holds dear!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    DAREDEVIL #9
    CHIP ZDARSKY (W) • MANUEL GARCIA (A) • COVER BY MARCO CHECCHETTO
    VARIANT COVER BY JUNI BA • TIMELESS ELEKTRA VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY ALEX ROSS
    TIMELESS ELEKTRA VIRGIN SKETCH VARIANT COVER BY ALEX ROSS
    For over three years, Daredevil’s life has been a living hell – between the Stromwyns, the Hand and his time incarcerated and exposed to ReCID. Now all of those dangerous forces are coming together and threatening everything Matt Murdock holds dear!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

As ever, phenomenal cover by Checchetto!
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Extraordinary Member

Depending on the writer, I really do enjoy a few Punisher stories here and there (for example, I fully intend to read all of this current Aaron run once it's complete), but one fatal flaw none of them can really write over is that he has to be one of the least self-aware characters in the MU. How he doesn't realize that he doesn't belong in a place exactly like that is beyond me.

Have Frank slaughter them all. Every last one. Keep them dead for like 10-20 years (its comics).
    The thing is, it'll only be "every last one" until the next writer feels like using them (see the end of Miller's first run and the end of Millar's Wolverine arcs "Enemy of the State" and "Agent of SHIELD") Things only last in comics as long as a writer or editor wants them to. lol
    Last edited by phonogram12; 12-17-2022 at 09:57 AM.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Depending on the writer, I really do enjoy a few Punisher stories here and there (for example, I fully intend to read all of this current Aaron run once it's complete), but one fatal flaw none of them can really write over is that he has to be one of the least self-aware characters in the MU. How he doesn't realize that he doesn't belong in a place exactly like that is beyond me.

The thing is, it'll only be "every last one" until the next writer feels like using them (see the end of Miller's first run and the end of Millar's Wolverine arcs "Enemy of the State" and "Agent of SHIELD") Things only last in comics as long as a writer or editor wants them to. lol
    Assuming you’ve avoided spoilers for the current Punisher run, it’s abundantly clear why he’s there. It’s quite heartbreaking at times too. Whether the reason makes sense or not, however, is up to you and your overall experience with the character from past stories, of course.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 12-17-2022 at 02:06 PM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Extraordinary Member

Assuming you’ve avoided spoilers for the current Punisher run, it’s abundantly clear why he’s there. It’s quite heartbreaking at times too. Whether the reason makes sense or not for the, however, is up to you and your overall experience with the character from past stories, of course.
    I think I got the basic bullet points. I agree, the reason is intriguing, but at the same time, it also flies in the face of some of my favorite Punisher stories. Luckily, I'm at that point in my comic book reading life where I know not everything is going to line up exactly the way it should for any character more than 30 years old.

I think I got the basic bullet points. I agree, the reason is intriguing, but at the same time, it also flies in the face of some of my favorite Punisher stories. Luckily, I'm at that point in my comic book reading life where I know not everything is going to line up exactly the way it should for any character more than 30 years old.
    May I ask why the reason isn’t congruent with those favorite Punisher stories?
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Extraordinary Member

May I ask why the reason isn’t congruent with those favorite Punisher stories?
    I always liked Ennis' revision that the main motivation for his war on crime was that he just liked killing criminals and for that to happen, he had to sacrifice his family to do it (whether he was conscious of this decision or not). These days, though, I just look at every new creative team on a character as another new variant. This approach allows me to enjoy new creative teams without pulling my hair out in anger that not everything fits in with everything that came before.

I always liked Ennis' revision that the main motivation for his war on crime was that he just liked killing criminals and for that to happen, he had to sacrifice his family to do it (whether he was conscious of this decision or not). These days, though, I just look at every new creative team on a character as another new variant. This approach allows me to enjoy new creative teams without pulling my hair out in anger that not everything fits in with everything that came before.
    The current run actually touches on the idea of how his family impacts who he is as the Punisher. Also, with that approach you have you may or may not mind what are apparently retcons to Franks childhood in flashbacks that are concurrent with the present day story of him leading the Hand. I don’t think some have liked those changes but they’ve been the more interesting parts of the run and rather well done, I think.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

I always liked Ennis' revision that the main motivation for his war on crime was that he just liked killing criminals and for that to happen, he had to sacrifice his family to do it (whether he was conscious of this decision or not).
    I hate that take on the character. I feel it pushes him into insane villain territory, and destroys what made the character interesting.