Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    "King Kong ain't got **** on me!!" Denzel training day
    “Not goodbye. See you later.” - John Q

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    "Now tell me - why are you here? And tell me, where I may find - James Kirk."
    "I've done far worse than kill you. I've hurt you, and I wish to go on hurting you."

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    "...when I was six years old my father said to me... Son, stocks may rise and fall, utilities and transportation systems may collapse. People are no damn good, but they will always need land and they will pay through the nose to get it!" Lex Luthor in Superman
    Zod had a lot of memorable lines in Superman II, but that Luthor quote made me think of this one:

"Lex Luthor, ruler of Australia!"

"Bitches leave!"
    -Clarence Bodicker, RoboCop

Some from Arrow:

Ra's al Ghul: I was 11 years old when I killed my first man. I remember the look in his face when the light went out behind his eyes. Such a sudden change, almost imperceptible, between life and death. And I felt ashamed. I had stolen from that man the most precious gift of all - life. But I also felt something else - pride, because I had taken up arms against someone who sought to do ill against my family. And I realized what I had done was necessary. You see... I have replaced evil with death. And that... is what the league exists to do. And I have killed several thousand more men since then. And the world is better for it.

Oliver Queen: You've taken your last life.

Ra's al Ghul: No. You have lived your last day.

-----------------------------

Slade Wilson: I'm going to tear everything he cares about away from him, destroy those who choose to follow him, corrupt those he loves. Once he has lost everyone and everything he values, I will drive an arrow through his eye.

Malcolm Merlyn: There is nothing you can do to stop what is about to happen. And you shouldn't. This city needs what is about to happen in order to survive. The people who are destroying it from the inside need to be erased from the map.

And still my favorite Malcolm moment:

Malcolm (having just played the recording of his wife's last call to Tommy): She bled out into the pavement while people passed and did nothing. Your mother built her clinic int he Glades because she wanted to save this city. It can't be saved; because the peoiple there don't want it to be saved.

Tommy: "So you kill them all-"

Malcolm "YES! THEY DESERVE TO DIE! ALL OF THEM! THE WAY SHE DIED!"

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Zod had a lot of memorable lines in Superman II, but that Luthor quote made me think of this one:

"Lex Luthor, ruler of Australia!"

"Bitches leave!"
    -Clarence Bodicker, RoboCop

Some from Arrow:

Ra's al Ghul: I was 11 years old when I killed my first man. I remember the look in his face when the light went out behind his eyes. Such a sudden change, almost imperceptible, between life and death. And I felt ashamed. I had stolen from that man the most precious gift of all - life. But I also felt something else - pride, because I had taken up arms against someone who sought to do ill against my family. And I realized what I had done was necessary. You see... I have replaced evil with death. And that... is what the league exists to do. And I have killed several thousand more men since then. And the world is better for it.

Oliver Queen: You've taken your last life.

Ra's al Ghul: No. You have lived your last day.

Slade Wilson: I'm going to tear everything he cares about away from him, destroy those who choose to follow him, corrupt those he loves. Once he has lost everyone and everything he values, I will drive an arrow through his eye.

Malcolm Merlyn: There is nothing you can do to stop what is about to happen. And you shouldn't. This city needs what is about to happen in order to survive. The people who are destroying it from the inside need to be erased from the map.

And still my favorite Malcolm moment:

Malcolm (having just played the recording of his wife's last call to Tommy): She bled out into the pavement while people passed and did nothing. Your mother built her clinic int he Glades because she wanted to save this city. It can't be saved; because the peoiple there don't want it to be saved.

Tommy: "So you kill them all-"

Malcolm "YES! THEY DESERVE TO DIE! ALL OF THEM! THE WAY SHE DIED!"
    That last one was the best. John Barrowman was at his finest, showing the unhinged fury and grief behind Malcolm Merlyn's usually controlled surface. Slade/Deathstroke was up there, too, but then Norman Osborn in Spider-Man (the comics) gave me a taste for villains whose idea of revenge against their heroic nemeses was to systematically tear their lives apart and destroy everything and everyone that they valued or felt gave them value.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    “Not goodbye. See you later.” - John Q
    I never really thought of him as a villain, just a man desperate to save his son. If anything, the injustices and inequities of the American healthcare system were the real villain of that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    "I've done far worse than kill you. I've hurt you, and I wish to go on hurting you."
    "Of course! We are one big happy fleet!"
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

All-New Member

For comic books: Lex Luthor addressing Adrian Veidt in Doomsday Clock: "So your plan was to drop a giant fake alien invader on Manhattan to unite humanity, then you were surprised that humanity didn't stay united? If you are your world's smartest man, then I would hate to meet their dumbest." But that is mostly because I hate Adrian. For non-comic books: Yuri Orlov from Lord of War: "So now you know the secret to survival. Never go to war. Especially not with yourself."

Mighty Member

Does this count? Chief Inspector Dreyfus writing "KILL CLOUSEAU" on his padded cell wall, with his foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I never really thought of him as a villain, just a man desperate to save his son.
    Taking people hostage who aren’t responsible for the position his son is in and treating them like horrible people was definitely villainous.

Taking people hostage who aren’t responsible for the position his son is in and treating them like horrible people was definitely villainous.
    That's a good point, but to me, the bigger villain was the healthcare industry that put his son in that position in the first place and made it so his only option, if he stayed within the confines of the law, was to watch said son die. Not that it justified him taking his pain and anger out on those people by taking them hostage, but in the dire straits he was in, it was understandable that he'd go to that extreme.

The movie showed a one sided caricature of the way the healthcare system works. It was heavily exaggerated for the plot.

Extraordinary Member

Katherine Merteuil from Cruel Intentions:

"God forbid I exude confidence and enjoy sex. Do you think I relish the fact that I have to act like Mary Sunshine 24/7 so I can be considered a lady? I'm the Marcia f***ing Brady of the Upper East Side, and sometimes I want to kill myself."

The movie showed a one sided caricature of the way the healthcare system works. It was heavily exaggerated for the plot.
    That's a fair point. I can respect that.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Katherine Merteuil from Cruel Intentions:

"God forbid I exude confidence and enjoy sex. Do you think I relish the fact that I have to act like Mary Sunshine 24/7 so I can be considered a lady? I'm the Marcia f***ing Brady of the Upper East Side, and sometimes I want to kill myself."
    That's actually a very prescient line, given what's been happening nowadays in the real world.

Game of Thrones has several great ones.

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." -- Ramsay Bolton

"When you play the Game of Thrones, you win or you die." -- Cersei Lannister

"Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, are given a chance to climb. They refuse, they cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is." -- Petyr 'Littlefinger' Baelish

"A little fight in you. I like that."
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi