Page 162 of 167 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 2505

*shrug* Does that make anything substantive wrong about my guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah, that's why I'm having a hard time seeing where this is coming from.

Like I said, maybe Carol thinks Tony has some affection for her since he's taken it easy on her for all the things that she's done to him.
    I think it’s their friendship they are talking about. They have been close since the Busiek days.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I would call them close friends. When not civil warring their bickering feels more like supehero brother/sister shenanigans and they've had amicable friction since like, Claremont and Cockrum's Ms. Marvel.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I would call them close friends. When not civil warring their bickering feels more like supehero brother/sister shenanigans and they've had amicable friction since like, Claremont and Cockrum's Ms. Marvel.
    That’s pretty much how I see it too.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I think it’s their friendship they are talking about. They have been close since the Busiek days.
    I hope that's how they meant it but it sure doesn't seem to me that's what they're implying. Carol hasn't exactly been feeling friendly to Tony lately, especially in Avengers. Maybe it's me.

Could be she's talking about the affection he feels for being her AA sponsor.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Read through Super-Villain Team-Up #14 and didn't know that Magneto was able to magnetically repel away Iron Man's armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Read through Super-Villain Team-Up #14 and didn't know that Magneto was able to magnetically repel away Iron Man's armor.

Tony's corrected that problem since then I believe.

Tony's corrected that problem since then I believe.
    He has. Especially if he knows there’s a chance he might meet up with him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    The writer is probably retconning them into being best friends because he wants you to feel bad for poor Carol. Here she is sacrificing a treasured friendship for the greater good. Don't you just feel terrible for poor Carol? Here she is beating Tony to a pulp for the greater good, sacrificing their friendship to help others. Poor, poor Carol.
    No retconning involved. As others have already pointed out, Tony and Carol are very close friends and have been for years. The narration here is acknowledging that the two of them bicker but reminding people that it doesn't mean they aren't friends. It also provides a context to try and explain away how poorly Jason Aaron writes the Carol/Tony dynamic in AVENGERS. The writers of the IRON MAN and CAPTAIN MARVEL series both know that the two of them are friends, but Aaron seems to have trouble remembering that in AVENGERS.

I'm not sure why so many people seem able to easily accept that Steve Rogers and Tony Stark are close friends, despite the conflict between them in the original CIVIL WAR (and the original "Armor Wars" storyline, and a few other occasions that had them at each other's throats) but can't seem to accept that Tony and Carol are still friends despite what happened in CWII.

Astonishing Member

I hope that's how they meant it but it sure doesn't seem to me that's what they're implying. Carol hasn't exactly been feeling friendly to Tony lately, especially in Avengers. Maybe it's me.
    Aaron is somewhat hit-or-miss with his characterizations...and with the women in AVENGERS, he tends to be "miss". It seems like he's done no research on Tony and Carol's relationship beyond CWII so he makes them more hostile to each other than they should be. And don't get me started on his mangling of She-Hulk's character....

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    No retconning involved. As others have already pointed out, Tony and Carol are very close friends and have been for years. The narration here is acknowledging that the two of them bicker but reminding people that it doesn't mean they aren't friends. It also provides a context to try and explain away how poorly Jason Aaron writes the Carol/Tony dynamic in AVENGERS. The writers of the IRON MAN and CAPTAIN MARVEL series both know that the two of them are friends, but Aaron seems to have trouble remembering that in AVENGERS.

I'm not sure why so many people seem able to easily accept that Steve Rogers and Tony Stark are close friends, despite the conflict between them in the original CIVIL WAR (and the original "Armor Wars" storyline, and a few other occasions that had them at each other's throats) but can't seem to accept that Tony and Carol are still friends despite what happened in CWII.
    Good points. I didn’t like that Aaron brushed past their CW 2 brush up but as you said it’s done well in her and Tony’s books.

I'm glad my sister doesn't through me through walls over a joke (unless Aaron's Carol is supposed to be an anime tsundere) .
    Aaron is somewhat hit-or-miss with his characterizations...and with the women in AVENGERS, he tends to be "miss". It seems like he's done no research on Tony and Carol's relationship beyond CWII so he makes them more hostile to each other than they should be. And don't get me started on his mangling of She-Hulk's character....
    I can agree with this.

Yeah, I really don't like his She-Hulk characterization. It's like she's a totally different character than before. Even the Jen Walters persona.

Just not feeling it.

Yeah, I really don't like his She-Hulk characterization. It's like she's a totally different character than before. Even the Jen Walters persona.

Just not feeling it.
    I’m not feeling it either. I can honestly say that there isn’t too much Aaron is doing on Avengers that I am feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I’m not feeling it either. I can honestly say that there isn’t too much Aaron is doing on Avengers that I am feeling.
    I liked the vampire arc and the Star-Brand looks interesting.

But his characterizations are off.