Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Default Keaton...AND Affleck returning for Flash?!?

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    Could be a Flashpoint thing.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I love how WB is just totally ignoring the fact that Miller choke slammed some woman in a bar on film and is just acting like nothing happened, but they fire other actors for old stupid tweets.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I love how WB is just totally ignoring the fact that Miller choke slammed some woman in a bar on film and is just acting like nothing happened, but they fire other actors for old stupid tweets.
    WB films is run by a different division than WB tv, I think. And they are probably thinking that they have so much invested in Ezra right now (between The Flash and the Fantastic Beasts movies), that if they ignore the video it will go away. It worked in the past; it may not work now.

But wow, they got a new Batman film being made, lots of info will probably be released this weekend at DC Fandome, they just released pictures of the poster and the new Bat emblem... and then they overshadow it completely with this announcement. It actually reminds me of when they announced Ezra as The Flash on the same day the ratings for The Flash TV premier came out.

I love Batman, but isn't this a bit much?

What, Affleck is pre-Flashpoint Batman and Keaton is post-Flashpoint? Or Keaton is just Flashpoint Batman (and not necessarily Thomas Wayne)?

It's sad that there's been more news about Batman's involvement with this movie than there has been for the actual character it's supposed to be about.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I love Batman, but isn't this a bit much?

What, Affleck is pre-Flashpoint Batman and Keaton is post-Flashpoint? Or Keaton is just Flashpoint Batman (and not necessarily Thomas Wayne)?

It's sad that there's been more news about Batman's involvement with this movie than there has been for the actual character it's supposed to be about.
    The Flash movie is setting up the multiverse as the foundation for the DCEU.

https://www.cbr.com/the-flash-multiv...matic-bedrock/

Keaton is playing the Batman of Earth-89. We don't know what Earth the DCEU movies took place on because they haven't named it.
    Last edited by Midnighter; 08-20-2020 at 05:26 PM.

Sounds like they mostly want Affleck for the continuity for Barry's original earth. I expect we'll see a version of that JL time travel scene with Barry but from his POV with a few new shots of Bruce. Maybe a cameo at the beginning or end to signal what earth or continuity Barry is in. Doubt he'll don the cowl, but hey I didn't think RDJ would have a big part in the first "Avengers" film either so what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Sounds like they mostly want Affleck for the continuity for Barry's original earth. I expect we'll see a version of that JL time travel scene with Barry but from his POV with a few new shots of Bruce. Maybe a cameo at the beginning or end to signal what earth or continuity Barry is in. Doubt he'll don the cowl, but hey I didn't think RDJ would have a big part in the first "Avengers" film either so what do I know?
    I really hope we do get the 'reverse angle' of the two Flash's scene from Crisis. It would be a treat to see Grant's Flash on the big screen, and a hell of a bow to tie on Crisis.

Much like venomous animals, when cornered or threatened, Warner/DC spews Batman at the threat until it goes away or submits.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I really hope we do get the 'reverse angle' of the two Flash's scene from Crisis. It would be a treat to see Grant's Flash on the big screen, and a hell of a bow to tie on Crisis.
    Maybe this time Ezra Millers Flash can die in crisis and JWS can come back as The Flash.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    You didn't think Ironman was gonna have a big role in the first Avenger film?

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I don't know what's wrong with Affleck. He couldn't just enjoy his girl and wealth? He had to go back to his punishment? Between Snyder Cut and Flash WB drags up the JL movie and it should just die and go away. What happened to fresh starts? I don't want them to waste millions on a movie about continuity like its a comic book. There's no need for a shared universe beyond WW, Aquaman and Shazam. Start from there.

Astonishing Member

The Flash movie probably need star power, otherwise it would tank hard. Ezras Flash is godawful.

Awesome; I love his Batman

Besides that he IS the DCEU Batman. I assume that might change with this movie but far better with than without him.

BANNED

This Flash movie may be getting sunk by too many Batmans. WB does not seem to have faith with it. Do they want Batman to carry the movie or what?

Affleck's Batman can continue on with the mantle and we can still have Robert Pat's Batman.
    Last edited by Castle; 08-21-2020 at 07:22 AM.