Page 64 of 102 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Scott Sndyer posted this on twitter: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DSjVpjXVwAAojVm.jpg
    I very rarely like it when writers take direct digs at fans like this, but I think it works here, at least based on this intro. spoilers:
    do hate that this does indeed seem to not be real though. Obviously love that she's there but Duke's never even met Cass.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I very rarely like it when writers take direct digs at fans like this, but I think it works here, at least based on this intro. spoilers:
    do hate that this does indeed seem to not be real though. Obviously love that she's there but Duke's never even met Cass.
    end of spoilers
    It's not super spoiler-ey, since it's just the top half of that first page we got forever ago, now with text, but I'mma put my thoughts in spoiler tags for Korath, just to be super safe (and respectful).

spoilers:
    I noticed the tongue-in-cheek jab, too, towards the haters and chronic criticizers. I'm actually surprised Mr. Patrick went with this (I reckon the self-aware, faux self-deprecation was his idea on the outset) and that it was allowed to go through.

I wonder what Damian is fussing about now, exactly?

Also, I'm not seeing how any of this is a dream, though. And even if Duke was never formally shown speaking with Cass, it wouldn't be surprising for her to be there.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 01-02-2018 at 12:52 PM.

end of spoilers
    From that page you kinda get the impression that Duke feels awkward and unsure about his ppace in the family. Which I actually like since I think it kinda makes sense.

I guess Duke just invited Cass and Luke and everyone else he hasnt met before as like a formal introduction as since they are all heroes in Gotham it makes sense they know each other for when they need to work together

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post

Also, I'm not seeing how any of this is a dream, though.
    It just has that feel to it. As if he's imagining everyone he's comparing himself to. We'll see.

And even if Duke was never formally shown speaking with Cass, it wouldn't be surprising for her to be there.
    I agree. If it's not a dream she should be at any BatFam gathering and it's not even an issue if it is a dream, as he probably met her off panel while at the Belfry. I'm just saying.
    Last edited by Assam; 01-02-2018 at 12:58 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    From that page you kinda get the impression that Duke feels awkward and unsure about his ppace in the family. Which I actually like since I think it kinda makes sense.

I guess Duke just invited Cass and Luke and everyone else he hasnt met before as like a formal introduction as since they are all heroes in Gotham it makes sense they know each other for when they need to work together
    That would definitely fit in with my observations I gave when we got the full color page. Duke's head is constantly shadowed, until he looks out the window and we see it clearly for the first time.

Duke's actually spoken of Luke in a previous Detective Comics issue (to Batwoman). Spoke highly of him, in fact. I wish they went the extra mile and actually had them interact, though. And yes, I know Luke was indisposed at the moment, but still, it was a missed opportunity to do more than just pay lip service to the notion of having the two black Gotham vigilantes actually having some kind of relationship with one another.

It just has that feel to it. As if he's imagining everyone he's comparing himself to. We'll see.
    I guess we'll see. Soon, if my dates aren't mixed up.

Astonishing Member

It's not super spoiler-ey, since it's just the top half of that first page we got forever ago, now with text, but I'mma put my thoughts in spoiler tags for Korath, just to be super safe (and respectful).

spoilers:
    I wonder what Damian is fussing about now, exactly?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Damian needs a reason to fuss now? Since when?
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    spoilers:
    Damian needs a reason to fuss now? Since when?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Well, you know I mean. And it wouldn't hurt to have context for why he's doing so this time.
    end of spoilers

I really enjoyed the first issue! alot of cool stuff to talk about

spoilers:

The new Detective with one arm seems like she will be an interesting supporting character. Im sure we will find out a wee bit more about her in the coming issues. I also liked Dukes cousin he seems like he could be a good character with his rules for dukes probably and inevitably clashing with Batman's expectations of Duke

I also was really happy to see Riko and Isabella from We are Robin again. I liked both of them so glad their back. Duke already has a really interesting supporting cast in my opinion so ive got high hopes for Duke in the future

Duke getting his own base with the Hatch was also pretty awesome! Does nearly every Batfamily member have their own place now
    end of spoilers

So, I haven't read B&S yet, but White Knight #4 is out and Duke plays a greater role in there, so I think it's safe to say that the first week of January is a great week for him.

Shouldn't this thread be renamed to add the Signal codename?

Astonishing Member

Was anyone else disappointed in spoilers:
    IZ being his girlfriend? I thought he was going to marry Gotham Girl, I'm confused
    end of spoilers

Otherwise I really liked this issue, it was a really good start and I only hope this transitions into a full time series.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    IZ being his girlfriend? I thought he was going to marry Gotham Girl, I'm confused
    end of spoilers

Otherwise I really liked this issue, it was a really good start and I only hope this transitions into a full time series.
    I was curious about that too, but I assume King probably wants to develop Gotham Girl's training first, before he gives her a love interest. Also, not the right place to post, but I wish Claire would get a bigger role. I have a bad feeling she will likely die at the end of King's run somehow, would be nice if she at least got a active role in the bat family before then.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I'm not surprised by that we didn't see her in this issue but I do have to wonder spoilers:
    if there is a connection between how she and her brother got their powers and this mysterious Dial character(?)
    end of spoilers
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    end of spoilers

Yeah i really am enjoying it too!

Im also curious about Duke and Gotham Girl if they are to end up married their relationship definitely needs to built up alot more first

BANNED

King will probably drop that plot point altogether. It was tacked on in a before then completely absent narration style. Suddenly she starts narrating from the future out of nowhere.
    Maybe we'll get a flash forward issue but Duke is not even old enough to get married.