Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Pretty sure they're just going to call it "the Marvel Universe."
    Well that's boring.. and nowhere near descriptive enough. As fans I say it is our duty to help name this new combined universe, to help endear it to the company and to we fellowship of fans.

My Nomination goes for: Marvel's Abject Serial Transforming Universal Rewrite Bureau Approved To Invalidate Orignal Notions; or for short M.A.S.T.U.R.B.A.T.I.O.N.

It seems fitting, since this is basically something being performed by certain individuals simply stroking their own 'egos', with the intention of just making themselves happy in the end, while vaguely fantasizing about approval by those they fail to please in real life. ^_^ And heck, a lot of male comic collectors will feel pretty at home in that universe.

Quote Originally Posted by kumiho View Post
    Well that's boring.. and nowhere near descriptive enough. As fans I say it is our duty to help name this new combined universe, to help endear it to the company and to we fellowship of fans.

My Nomination goes for: Marvel's Abject Serial Transforming Universal Rewrite Bureau Approved To Invalidate Orignal Notions; or for short M.A.S.T.U.R.B.A.T.I.O.N.

It seems fitting, since this is basically something being performed by certain individuals simply stroking their own 'egos', with the intention of just making themselves happy in the end, while vaguely fantasizing about approval by those they fail to please in real life. ^_^ And heck, a lot of male comic collectors will feel pretty at home in that universe.
    Bravo!

It's really a nice touch and so easy to remember....just rolls off the tongue. I see it being very popular.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    Bravo!

It's really a nice touch and so easy to remember....just rolls off the tongue. I see it being very popular.
    Thank's Beezzi. I put a lot of thought into it, and I won't stop until everyone here is thinking about MASTURBATION.

That does seem to be the trend nowadays, but I remain hopeful that the X-Men as a whole -- not just individual characters helping the Avengers -- will have a good showing this time.

I've had reasons in the past to dislike Loeb... but this is a pretty big one.
    At least he has since stepped back from Marvel Animation. And although the shows themselves are improving, his decisions will still be felt for the next few years. I.E., we're getting a Guardians animated series before an X-Men one.
    Marvel Fan (Avengers, Guardians, Spider-Man, X-Men, Inhumans, you name it), DC Fan (Too Many Just to Name), Smash Wii U Tournament Organizer/Competitive Player, Overall Gamer

Mighty Member

this is absolutely genius.
    Cyclops was right

Okay I'll admit, that's funny.
    Marvel Fan (Avengers, Guardians, Spider-Man, X-Men, Inhumans, you name it), DC Fan (Too Many Just to Name), Smash Wii U Tournament Organizer/Competitive Player, Overall Gamer

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

That does seem to be the trend nowadays, but I remain hopeful that the X-Men as a whole -- not just individual characters helping the Avengers -- will have a good showing this time.

I've had reasons in the past to dislike Loeb... but this is a pretty big one.
    I don't see most X-Men helping, nor do I see the bigger hitters like Rachel being allowed to do anything to help. Won't be surprised if the only Rachel we see is the DoFY Rachel if even that.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I hope years of future past doesn't have another racheal. I know, she's on the cover but out rach is that racheal afterall
    X-Men Forever

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    I don't see most X-Men helping, nor do I see the bigger hitters like Rachel being allowed to do anything to help. Won't be surprised if the only Rachel we see is the DoFY Rachel if even that.
    Yeah, I'd say this is what most people are fearing. It's not so much that the X-Men as a whole are going to be written off. It's a question of which characters are likely to fall between the cracks. There is the concern that anyone who does not make an appearance in Secret Wars may not have any chance of appearing in the new world of MASTURBATION. It's a metaphysical question of whether anyone not in that joined world may not be able to crossover into the new world which is formed, so could DisMarvel use this as an opportunity to trim the fat(in their opinion) of which characters they want to keep, and which they have no use for. Rachael, I think will be okay. She may not get as much panel time as she deserves, but she's still pretty prominent in the X-men. For that matter, I would say any heroine in general, will probably be fine, given the big push to have more female characters.... to the point we have more leading ladies then male characters who are still viable heroes. It's the ones DisMarvel has shown a serious disinterest in which we have to worry about.

So....yeah

Fair enough -- it's already known he's doing "Ultimate End," plus there's still "Guardians of the Galaxy." And we've talked in the past about how some X-Men fans can be paranoid at times -- which is something Bendis addressed in his interview on leaving X-Men. There are some X-Men fans out there who may interpret this development as potential bad news for the franchise -- is there anything you want to say to advise those fans about the X-Men's future?

Alonso: It's ridiculous how people go on and on and on about this. The X-Men are core characters in the Marvel mythology. We have big plans for them. We love them.

We already knew Jonathan Hickman was wrapping his Avengers run with "Secret Wars," and now it's been revealed that Bendis is leaving X-Men. Is it safe to say this isn't the last major creative team upheaval, maybe longtime creator departure, that fans will see in the near future? More shakeups to come?

Alonso: Yeah. There will be a lot of well-calculated shakeups. A portion of these will involve a game of creator musical chairs, a portion won't. Some of these changes start during "Secret Wars," some after. "Secret Wars" will transform the Marvel Universe, but the building blocks start getting laid down in May.
    See? Nothing to worry about.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Neoxon View Post
    So....yeah

So, more of the same old rhetoric. Remember last year during SDCC when they had no X-Men panel or news and the suggestions was Bendis would be at the New York con and have some news and maybe a panel there. Yeah.

Do you think Fantastic Four is done? I think you have expressed that you share the belief. Do you remember Brevoort saying how they had no plans to cancel Fantastic Four and all that... but, hey maybe they actually back up that claim and put Bendis on the title.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

So....yeah

Except that you can never take what Alonso or Brevorrt say as anything close to the truth anymore. I honestly don't think either could actually give you a 100% honest answer to any question these days since they have been company talking heads for so long they have forgotten how.

BANNED

No matter what any comic creator say, some X-Fans will continue to go 'A-HA! THIS PROVES THEY HATE THE X-MEN!"

It could the second coming of Claremont/Paul Smith and it would still be hate

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    No matter what any comic creator say, some X-Fans will continue to go 'A-HA! THIS PROVES THEY HATE THE X-MEN!"

It could the second coming of Claremont/Paul Smith and it would still be hate
    This, it's as if some X-fans think the sky's falling no matter what's said.

This, it's as if some X-fans think the sky's falling no matter what's said.
    Who cares what they say, what matters is what they do.

They want to shut up the fans who keep complaining, how about a stable direction for the franchise, with some nice creative talent and art? Instead of the directionless mess we've had for awhile.