Page 73 of 182 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 2721
    Mighty Member

Thought about creating a YouTube channel to promote Namor where I would read/discuss Namor the Submariner, the first Marvel hero. Read stories in chronological order since the 1939 first Marvel Comic until the silver age and cosplay Namor at the same time. Went as far as shooting an introduction. Unfortunately I dont think people would be interested.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Thought about creating a YouTube channel to promote Namor where I would read/discuss Namor the Submariner, the first Marvel hero. Read stories in chronological order since the 1939 first Marvel Comic until the silver age and cosplay Namor at the same time. Went as far as shooting an introduction. Unfortunately I dont think people would be interested.
    You mean, you'd be cosplaying Namor while talking about specific issues? I'd definitely watch!

I think there are plenty of folks that like Namor, but as for hardcore fans, not as many. And while we may be few, we definitely ARE fanatical ... as you well know.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    You mean, you'd be cosplaying Namor while talking about specific issues? I'd definitely watch!

I think there are plenty of folks that like Namor, but as for hardcore fans, not as many. And while we may be few, we definitely ARE fanatical ... as you well know.
    That's good to know. I did an online test for a Thor Read-a-thon with Bane reading Thor comics but the response was not what I expected. No negativity but subscription rate was very slow and views were retained just for the first few minutes that were of me introducing the story in cosplay. Once I started to read the comic and the screen would stay full in the comic panels the viewership would drop.

The structure was:

1- Bane introduces himself, he wants to study Thor so he can get some of his popularity so he is going to read the comics in chronological order.
    Bane gives some statistics as to creative team, year of publication, interesting facts about characters the issue introduces and if the character has been introduced to the movies who plays it.

2-After the introduction the screen would go full to the comic and I would start reading each page on screen improvising character voices, making sound effects and everything. I was trying to get a feel like the 60s cartoons but of course I'm just a guy reading so the sound quality, acting and sound effects wasn't the best.

3-At the end of the story it would cut back to me as Bane again and I would say some joke about the story and tease about the next one. I did as much as I have done in my Thor Readathon, I believe was 4 issues.

Did the intro for another section for Namor but this time cosplaying as Namor himself introducing his first adventure in Marvel Comics #1. And did the closing of this first chapter. Never got to do the comic itself or posted Namor content online.

I'm thinking if cosplaying as Thor (that is a more popular character) reading Thor instead of Bane would have helped or if the channel needed more time to grow its audience and I just shut it down too soon. Definitely wanted to push Thor and Namor as they are ones I'm interested in reading and cosplaying.

Last edited by Thor-El; 05-14-2019 at 03:22 PM.

Eh, you should give it a shot. Got nothing to loose and who knows maybe it will be a hit!
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Eh, you should give it a shot. Got nothing to loose and who knows maybe it will be a hit!
    I'm still playing with the idea. There are better cosplayers than I so it would be good if I could get other people involved too. But I realize that might be unrealistic as other people only show interest once you have something good going on.
    Last edited by Thor-El; 05-14-2019 at 03:18 PM.

Any Youtube channel with any Sub-Mariner content is a step up and worth checking out in my opinion.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Any Youtube channel with any Sub-Mariner content is a step up and worth checking out in my opinion.
    Seems like I should have let the board know before giving up.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I'm still playing with the idea. There are better cosplayers than I so it would be good if I could get other people involved too. But I realize that might be unrealistic as other people only show interest once you have something good going on.
    If you do decide to go through with it, I would totally watch, and I would promo you on my namor twitter account and my namor tumblr blog with links to it. I try to keep up with all the Namor news and post regularly so that the small number of regular Namor fans who follow me can at least know what is going on with him and post new content whenever I can. So please let us know if you do this!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    If you do decide to go through with it, I would totally watch, and I would promo you on my namor twitter account and my namor tumblr blog with links to it. I try to keep up with all the Namor news and post regularly so that the small number of regular Namor fans who follow me can at least know what is going on with him and post new content whenever I can. So please let us know if you do this!
    That would be very nice I.W., thank you! I might give it a second try and see how it works out this time with Namor and Thor cosplays. Really appreciate all the support.

Well, I ... skimmed the War of Realms Strikeforce book, and the Namor content is low, but Hopeless continues with the Snark-Mariner. However, in this case, it is ENTIRELY understandable, in my very biased opinion. I never really cared for Captain Marvel, especially since her push this past decade, but this issue makes me out right dislike her. And that was just in two pages!

I don't forsee Namor having much else to do in this event, despite that old Dauterman poster.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

That's good to know. I did an online test for a Thor Read-a-thon with Bane reading Thor comics but the response was not what I expected. No negativity but subscription rate was very slow and views were retained just for the first few minutes that were of me introducing the story in cosplay. Once I started to read the comic and the screen would stay full in the comic panels the viewership would drop.

The structure was:

1- Bane introduces himself, he wants to study Thor so he can get some of his popularity so he is going to read the comics in chronological order.
    Bane gives some statistics as to creative team, year of publication, interesting facts about characters the issue introduces and if the character has been introduced to the movies who plays it.

2-After the introduction the screen would go full to the comic and I would start reading each page on screen improvising character voices, making sound effects and everything. I was trying to get a feel like the 60s cartoons but of course I'm just a guy reading so the sound quality, acting and sound effects wasn't the best.

3-At the end of the story it would cut back to me as Bane again and I would say some joke about the story and tease about the next one. I did as much as I have done in my Thor Readathon, I believe was 4 issues.

Did the intro for another section for Namor but this time cosplaying as Namor himself introducing his first adventure in Marvel Comics #1. And did the closing of this first chapter. Never got to do the comic itself or posted Namor content online.

I'm thinking if cosplaying as Thor (that is a more popular character) reading Thor instead of Bane would have helped or if the channel needed more time to grow its audience and I just shut it down too soon. Definitely wanted to push Thor and Namor as they are ones I'm interested in reading and cosplaying.

Oh cool! It's more like an audio book or a dramatic reading, then. I love that!

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Only the time invested, but generally, I feel the same.

Well, these things take time, regular posting ... and some steady networking. If you got some of your other cosplayers to participate or even retweet / pass the word along. Especially with the Thor stuff. Namor's going to be harder, because he's just not as popular as the movie characters. With my Namor stuff, I tend to do it for me, with no real expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I agree! And I've listened or watched a lot of stuff that for Namor that wasn't entirely the best. ;p

Seems like I should have let the board know before giving up.
    Definitely! Let us know. I'd be interested in the Thor stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    That would be very nice I.W., thank you! I might give it a second try and see how it works out this time with Namor and Thor cosplays. Really appreciate all the support.
    You are a talented person and I've enjoyed your posts and projects greatly! I'm glad you share them with us. Definitely try with the Thor stuff as long as you are interested. Once you build it up, you can then enlighten your audience about the awesomeness of Namor.

Look forward to it, but no pressure if you decide not to!

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Well, I ... skimmed the War of Realms Strikeforce book, and the Namor content is low, but Hopeless continues with the Snark-Mariner. However, in this case, it is ENTIRELY understandable, in my very biased opinion. I never really cared for Captain Marvel, especially since her push this past decade, but this issue makes me out right dislike her. And that was just in two pages!

I don't forsee Namor having much else to do in this event, despite that old Dauterman poster.
    This is just the writers way of explaining why Namor won't be a apart of the War of Realms, just give him a few panels, and then shove him off like we guessed, and he might end up joining the final battle but have like an on panel, non speaking cameo probably.

Here is Namor's full appearance in War of the Realms: Strikeforce (2009) #1.

I've already posted this to twitter, and today Chip was talking about Aquaman.

Kelly Sue's been KILLING it on Aquaman. Which makes me very mad since I'm working on a Namor book.
    Honestly I just want a Namor solo, Invaders is good so far but how the fallout from last issue will play out has me nervous, I don't want another phoenix namor type thing.

Mighty Member

Been talking with Mike Baaden about coming to the board and maybe getting to do a Q&A with us. He has cosplayed most of the Sub-mariner looks and even pulled off a classic Namor like no one else before.

Been talking with Mike Baaden about coming to the board and maybe getting to do a Q&A with us. He has cosplayed most of the Sub-mariner looks and even pulled off a classic Namor like no one else before.
    Very cool, he is def one of my fave cosplayers. I always wanted to know where people get their cosplay gear or if its all made at home.