Page 58 of 95 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

I'd rather see a lengthy encounter with Miracleman. That could have been a good crossover.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Ghost rider would likely kill one of them, because that last part enters into villainy.
    Sorry, in that passage I was referring to one of the reasons for inaction being that Blue Marvel and others were worried about more African Americans being killed as a consequence of him continuing on as a superhero and symbol. That's where Ghost Rider comes in as the Spirit of Vengeance.

Also, I didn't mention it, but the story as I envision it would have a couple of twists.

First, Kyle truly is dead. But on his journey into the hereafter, the "guardians at the gate" sense that he's not 100% at peace with his work in life, so they send his spirit back to reside in the body of a 1960s African American man for an ambiguously limited time. Kyle doesn't recall any of this at first. He is unaware of the deal that was brokered...but it all comes screaming back to him when he makes a fateful turn at the story's climax.

The second twist involves who Kyle completely co-ops when he is sent to 1960s America. It seems fitting to me that the person that he takes over is one Adam Bernard Brashear.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Damn I didn't know they killed him off. Oh Marvel. SMH
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by KidStranglehold View Post
    I swear people will deny this to the END. Agreed, he did jack with Blue Marvel or Spectrum. Series was basically a Carol Danvers show.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Dude didn't even do anything with them. He wasted a talented artist on talking heads and he made up troubleshooters, and his series came to a screeching halt pretty much by issue 4
    Can't be better said.

Extraordinary Member

I swear people will deny this to the END. Agreed, he did jack with Blue Marvel or Spectrum. Series was basically a Carol Danvers show.
    Dude didn't even do anything with them. He wasted a talented artist on talking heads and he made up troubleshooters, and his series came to a screeching halt pretty much by issue 4
    Can't be better said.
    I disagree.
    Like i said i clearly disagree with these views.

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Sorry if I'm late to the thread here, but just want to say I've been reading some Mighty Avengers recently. Wow, I'm really digging Blue Marvel. I'm a sucker for nigh-invulnerable, Superman-esque characters who can fly and have super strength. Seeing Blue Marvel do all of these things is pretty cool.

However, I'm also enjoying his confidence and intellect. He reminds me of a Reed Richards combined with a Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Pretty much the above. The Blue Marvel is a great character. I would love to see him more at the forefront of what is going on at Marvel.
    Getting back to these posts.
    Good and positive posts from Tien Long and Cronus.
    Last edited by mace11; 01-04-2018 at 04:52 AM.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

You know what surprises me...no one's had him as the power house on a direct Avengers team. Like, why not...he's a stronger Superman figure then Sentry and makes more sense. Why not have him be the muscle along with Mighty Thor?

Also I missed out on Ultimates due to the cost. Where would you guys say to look for good Blue Marvel stories?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    You know what surprises me...no one's had him as the power house on a direct Avengers team. Like, why not...he's a stronger Superman figure then Sentry and makes more sense. Why not have him be the muscle along with Mighty Thor?

Also I missed out on Ultimates due to the cost. Where would you guys say to look for good Blue Marvel stories?
    Check out these books below.

Adam: Legend of the Blue Marvel (2009)
    Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A To Z Update (2010) #1 - 'Marlene Alraune to Zuri'
    Age Of Heroes (2010) #3
    Fear Itself: The Home Front (2011) #4
    Mighty Avengers (2013)
    The Ultimates (2016)
    Ultimates 2 (2017)
    Contest of Champions (2015) #7 - 'Ultimate Fighting Part One'
    Contest of Champions (2015) #8 - 'Ultimate Fighting Part Two
    Squadron Supreme (2016) - #10'
    Maybe this
    The Ultimates (2016) #5 - 'Unimaginable'

And here is lists of other ones you should check out.
    View a chronological listing of this character's appearances
    Blue Marvel (02 - Adam Brashear)
    http://www.comicbookdb.com/character.php?ID=27568

Bio info and lists of appearances here too.
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Blue_Marvel
    and
    Blue Marvel (Character) - Comic Vine
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/blue-marvel/4005-57033/

I have another post but if want to PM with questions,do so.
    After my next post it will be my last post in this thread,then i am really leaving.

Extraordinary Member

Trivia
    # Kevin Grevioux based Blue Marvel on the concept of "What if Superman were black in the early 1960s, and how would the world react to him?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Like, why not...he's a stronger Superman figure then Sentry and makes more sense.
    It's interesting that you mention this by the way and getting back to this for the moment.

Blue marvel
    Super strength talk
    Kevin Grevioux
    "As long as I'm writing the character, he won't be so strong that he makes other characters look foolish. He is just in the same league as the Hulk, Thor, Superman, Sentry, Orion, J'onn J'onzz, etc. He's NOT above them." Interview with creator Kevin Grevioux
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Adam_Br...28Earth-616%29

You should check out these debates here.
    Blue Marvel vs Sentry - Battles - Comic Vine
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forum...sentry-392244/

By the way kevin said he has written blue marvel to be stronger then superman.
    Clearly he is stronger then normal thor and normal hulk.
    Kevin did give blue marvel energy enhanced punches after his mini(some folks forget that),so clearly blue marvel striking strength is greater then sentry's.
    Icon has energy enhanced punches too.
    Sentry does not have energy enhanced punches.
    Blue marvel striking strength is stronger then sentry's by the way without the energy enhanced punches.
    He knock out sentry with one punch with no energy enhanced punches.
    Sentry was not able to do that.

Blue marvel knock out king hyperion with three punches.
    The last two were energy enhanced punches.

Blue Marvel
    Incalculable Strength: Blue Marvel possesses vast levels of superhuman strength, and is stated to be in the same league as Sentry, Hulk, and Thor strength wise; Blue Marvel has the potential to be the most powerful hero on Earth. He was seen effortlessly lifting the 1960 era's American warship 'Enterprise' which weighs over 93,000 tons, but is capable of greater feats of strength, as shown when he easily moved a meteor "easily the size of Arkansas". Blue Marvel is capable of lifting far in excess of 100 tons easily, as shown when he's lifted a disabled battleship weighing 100,000 tons and flew it back to port for repair. The Watcher said that Blue Marvel could have "split the moon in two" with one blow. Prince Namor himself stated that after Blue Marvel's long hiatus, that only the Hulk and Thor have hit him as hard. Blue Marvel went toe to toe with Sentry, as well as with the rest of the Avengers; he knocked Sentry unconscious into orbit in a single blow, for several minutes. Sentry barely beat Blue Marvel, requiring the distraction of a prolonged and exhausting fight with The Avengers including Wonder Man, Ms. Marvel, Ares and Iron Man to deliver a solid blow. The uppermost limits of Blue Marvel's strength is unknown, but it equals or exceeds the likes of a enraged Hulk, Sentry and others.
    Superhuman Stamina: Blue Marvel's enhanced musculature is far more efficient than that of a humans. His muscles produces very no fatigue toxins, thereby granting limitless stamina.

Blue marvel is stronger then sentry,worldbreaker hulk and odinforce thor by the way and more so with the energy enhanced punches.

Anyway that's it from me in this thread.
    I had a enough.
    Bye.
    Last edited by mace11; 01-04-2018 at 05:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    I disagree.
    Like i said i clearly disagree with these views.

Getting back to these posts.
    Good and a positive posts from Tien Long and Cronus.
    Just because you disagree, doesn't make them untrue

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Just because you disagree, doesn't make them untrue
    My posts is true,and you and them are wrong and so i disagree with you and them.
    I have POSTED the true info.
    I came back to edited one of my posts and i was curious one more time to see the new reply.
    Now i am going to the riri Williams thread.
    There is another person i may have to deal with again.
    Anyway that's it from me here.
    Bye.
    Last edited by mace11; 01-04-2018 at 05:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Damn I didn't know they killed him off. Oh Marvel. SMH
    By the SAME writer who did his series. The character had potential especially during the last few issues of SS.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    My posts is true,and you and them are wrong and so i disagree with you and them.
    I have POSTED the true info.
    I came back to edited one of my posts and i was curious one more time to see the new reply.
    Now i am going to the riri Williams thread.
    There is another person i may have to deal with again.
    Anyway that's it from me here.
    Bye.
    LOL, Again, just because you disagree, doesn't make them untrue. Naby people were dissatisfied with how ewing handled BM and spectrum, he talked this team up to being the Ultimate team for Ultimate threats, started his series out strong with the first few issue's, then let events and talking cosmic heads derail the book. Adam and Monica didn't even cut loose until the end. Barely anyone got to cut loose because there weren't any tangible threats to punch. Then the Ultimates themselves started taking a back seat to Galactus and his Cosmic Avengers team he formed. The tension between then team was short lived and got lost in cosmic mumbo-jumbo. And j say this as someone who was very excited about what this team could become and do and all the potential was wasted

It says alot when the most Adam was able to cut loose was when he punked SS in their own book, effectively killing any sort of seriousness they could of had

Isn't 2018 the 10th anniversary of Blue Marvel's first appearance? Or is that next year?

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Isn't 2018 the 10th anniversary of Blue Marvel's first appearance? Or is that next year?
    Yep! He started 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
    Yep! He started 2008.
    Thanks. Marvel Entertainment should really do something for him to commemorate his anniversary...