Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default What from adaptations would you like to slip into comics?

When it comes to comic book adaptations, they often have free reign to do with characters what they want to fit into that specific narrative rather than being bogged down with the canon of the comic books. Sometimes an adaption has ideas so good, that they tend to cross into comics or even other adaptations. Some examples of this may be characters like Firestar from Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends making her way into comics, or even ideas like the Symbiote feeding off of negative emotions and making the host more aggressive as a result from Spider-Man the Animated Series have seemed to become quite the consensus. With Spider-Man having a multitude of adaptations that have plenty of interesting takes on the mythos of the Web Head, I was wondering what did the lot of you like SO much, that if you’d love to see it cross over into comic-dom (provided it could possibly fit in continuity wise)

Astonishing Member

I would love for some of the Japanese villains to appear in the comics.(Iron Cross Army)

I liked Ultimate Spider-Man’s idea of Peter being a teacher of superheroes.

I think we'll probably see Jefferson (Miles' dad) become a police officer soon. Pretty much every media adaption has him in the NYPD.

I also think writers might lean more into Miles' artistic side like Into the Spider-Verse did.

Carolyn Trainer acting more like her Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon incarnation or Liv from Into the Spider-Verse would be pretty fun.

Incredible Member

More to test if they would have the guts to pull it off, like I once read many of the 1967-1970 cartoon villains was free to show up in Ultimate Spider-Man, how about cannon 616 comics using Turbo Jet, hehehehehe.

The diversity of the supporting cast from Spider-Man: Homecoming. That showed a Peter Parker in a modern New York City.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The diversity of the supporting cast from Spider-Man: Homecoming. That showed a Peter Parker in a modern New York City.
    Sorry, but Flash Thompson will always be caucasian to me.

I liked the Terri Lee character from the 90s Fox cartoon.

Astonishing Member

Spider-Man’s supporting cast never lasts long so what’s the point?

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Assuming Curt Connors survives The Hunt, it would be pretty neat if he eventually starts up his own lab and takes on Peter as his assistant/partner kind of like the dynamic Pete had with Otto in the PS4 game.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I also think writers might lean more into Miles' artistic side like Into the Spider-Verse did.

I think we'll probably see Jefferson (Miles' dad) become a police officer soon. Pretty much every media adaption has him in the NYPD.
    That I get the feeling is only a matter of time. It seems like damn near every adaptation has made Jefferson a cop. I also agree, I definitely want Miles to take up art like his ItSV counterpart.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

The ability to suddenly make hammers and clubs out of webbing and casually pull huge chunks of the ground up with webs to thwap at adversaries.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Sorry, but Flash Thompson will always be caucasian to me.
    "diversity" in the supporting cast doesn't necessarily mean pulling an ultimate nick fury on the existing characters (not that i'd be particularly bothered, but i can understand why it might be an issue for most)
    troo fan or death

Besides, the Miles book just introduced someone who looks like a renamed MCU Flash.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

I feel that diversity aspect was pulled off better in the Spectacular animated series... but then again more of Peter’s supporting cast got screen time due to it being an animated series over being a movie, so that may be the main reason why.

Speaking of Spectacular Spider-Man the Animated series... I want SCREAMING PUMPKIN BOMBS to be a thing. They never said the pumpkin bombs DIDN’T scream in the comics (though I feel that would be hard to pull off)

While Detective Terri Lee was simply Black Jean DeWolff, I do feel that she could have at LEAST got the Angela Chen (the Asian Cat Grant from Superman the Animated series) treatment and made her way into comics. (DC does things like that with the DCAU... at least the X-Men series pulls original characters from animated series into comics...)

I will also agree with Miles being more artistic from Into the Spider-Verse should make it into the mainstream.

I’m also in the mindset they might as well take Olivia Octavius and throw her design and personality on Carolyn Trainer.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Besides, the Miles book just introduced someone who looks like a renamed MCU Flash.
    Yeah it's funny, dude looks like a literal fusion between MCU!Flash and Classic!Flash.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

I feel like that would be hard to pull off with Peter's supporting cast as set in stone as it is now.

At best you can achieve that through Miles, as he originated Ganke as a character and arguably has his own variants on MCU Michelle and Flash.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Assuming Curt Connors survives The Hunt, it would be pretty neat if he eventually starts up his own lab and takes on Peter as his assistant/partner kind of like the dynamic Pete had with Otto in the PS4 game.
    It was also a thing in the Spectacular Spider-Man .
    Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    "diversity" in the supporting cast doesn't necessarily mean pulling an ultimate nick fury on the existing characters (not that i'd be particularly bothered, but i can understand why it might be an issue for most)
    I don't even need Flash to be white, even if I always visualize him as a blonde, blue-eyed, musclehead, but him not being a jock is more of a dealbreaker for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I feel that diversity aspect was pulled off better in the Spectacular animated series... but then again more of Peter’s supporting cast got screen time due to it being an animated series over being a movie, so that may be the main reason why.
    I still think Spectacular was the best adaption and handling of Peter's supporting cast in any media.
    While Detective Terri Lee was simply Black Jean DeWolff, I do feel that she could have at LEAST got the Angela Chen (the Asian Cat Grant from Superman the Animated series) treatment and made her way into comics. (DC does things like that with the DCAU... at least the X-Men series pulls original characters from animated series into comics...)
    Terri Lee, DeWollf, Yuri...man, Spider-Man sure has a lot of these lady cop characters .
    I’m also in the mindset they might as well take Olivia Octavius and throw her design and personality on Carolyn Trainer.
    Agreed. I'd throw in a dash of Caryolyn Trainer from the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon as well.