Leek

Taro

Gine

Tarble

Nappa

Raditz

Turles

Vegeta(Post Frieza Saga)

They are all able to create artificial moons, if necesary. Can they take on the leaf village?

Either there's been a truly enormous power creep in Boruto lately or this is just a massive stomp in favor of super speeding mountain busters.

Which is it?

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Post Frieza Vegeta should pretty much make the entire rest of the team irrelevant.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Like... one Sayain of Raditz level strength is an enormous problem for Konoha.

A lot of them is a catastrophe.

Vegeta being at Post-Freiza saga levels is waaaay overkill.

On paper, I could see Naruto and Sasuke circa their Boruto levels being able to manage a couple of low level Sayains through a bunch of Genjutsu, gimmicks and a certain amount of fudging of the speed algorithm.

This lot though? Nah mate.

Saiyan saga Vegeta could probably dunk everyone in Naruto at once. Putting post-Frieza era Vegeta is just being mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    Saiyan saga Vegeta could probably dunk everyone in Naruto at once. Putting post-Frieza era Vegeta is just being mean.
    Again, Naruto/Boruto as a Universe has more than enough gimmicks that they could likely deal with Sayain Saga Vegeta with the right strategy. Genjutsu, super deadly poisons, dimension dumping and other such gimmicks.

Incredible Member

I don't know much about Dragonball Z but from what I've seen they basically fly, shoot lasers out of their hands and do that Flash thing where they throw a flurry of punches so fast their arms blur. Generic superhero stuff mostly. Naruto characters by contrast have a ton of esoteric powers and abilities.

The Leaf wins by superior variety.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Again, Naruto/Boruto as a Universe has more than enough gimmicks that they could likely deal with Sayain Saga Vegeta with the right strategy. Genjutsu, super deadly poisons, dimension dumping and other such gimmicks.
    Yeah this.

Could they do anything to stop saiyan saga Vegeta from immediately going nuclear or to survive it if he did? I'm not talking about full power, which actually takes some time, but the kind of casual moonbuster that someone drastically weaker than him can drop, done at full speed.

Granted, this is an invasion scenario, so he might not do that, but then being a scenario also means he probably wouldn't immediately be facing the exact right genjutsu that could take him down.

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Could they do anything to stop saiyan saga Vegeta from immediately going nuclear or to survive it if he did? I'm not talking about full power, which actually takes some time, but the kind of casual moonbuster that someone drastically weaker than him can drop, done at full speed.

Granted, this is an invasion scenario, so he might not do that, but then being a scenario also means he probably wouldn't immediately be facing the exact right genjutsu that could take him down.
    I refer you to my note that the speed algorithm is rather complex here and I don't know how top necessarily parse it.

If he just warps in and immediately exploded then obviously they can't stop that because they don't know what's up.

Given knowledge of where he is, what Vegeta is and what he's planning to do they have some options. Naruto blocked an attack that cut the moon in half and was fine or Kakashi could dimension dump it. Obviously Vegeta takes the majority but they do have some counters.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 12-23-2018 at 10:51 AM.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Can Kakashi currently dimension dump anything? I thought that he lost the Sharingan at the end of the original series.

And esoterics might have trouble working on him due to high levels of ki gives resistance to esoterics in Dragon Ball, and even Saiyajin Saga Vegeta could ignore the original Dragon Balls, which have done things like instantly teleport a hundred ish people interstellar distances. And Genjutsu probably shouldn't work going how it's described would be like tossing a drop of water to redirect an ocean, but the Uchiha (at least Sasuke) break that rule and year it as full telepathy, but blowing up the continent you're on is a pretty good counter to powers that require being within eyeshot of your opponent.

A general overview of Vegeta's powers at this point:.

Super strength/speed/durability
    Various chargeable energy blasts
    A very powerful cutting disc
    The ability to make people who are at comparable to the top tier of Naruto explode just by pointing at them
    Flight
    The ability to sense life energy (plus he has a mechanical Scouter that allows him to detect energy on a global scale before he figured out how to do that by himself)
    The ability to change into a Tailed-Beast-sized monkey with a tenfold increase in his power level of he sees the full moon
    The ability to retain his sanity when he does the above (the only other Saiyajin we saw do this were never trained and didn't have any control in that state)
    The ability to create official moonlight to trigger the transformation at will
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 12-23-2018 at 11:27 AM.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Post-Freza Vegeta has lost the ability to transform, but he's a lot better at sensing ki and his base form is probably over a hundred times more powerful than than he was during the Saiyajin Saga.

Naruto blocked an attack that cut the moon in half
    Oh okay, well then Naruto went wildly beyond what I was aware of, so fair enough. He maybe can't do it effortlessly enough to not open himself to attack then, assuming that people who can actually do something to him can survive being in the same zip code as him.

Just to clarify though, the actual for real moon and not like, a reality marble or a hallucination or some weird genjutsu thing like that?

And esoterics might have trouble working on him due to high levels of ki gives resistance to esoterics in Dragon Ball
    Notable in that we first start to see this way back when Tao Pai Pai lolnoped Blue's psychokinesis.

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Oh okay, well then Naruto went wildly beyond what I was aware of, so fair enough. He maybe can't do it effortlessly enough to not open himself to attack then, assuming that people who can actually do something to him can survive being in the same zip code as him.

Just to clarify though, the actual for real moon and not like, a reality marble or a hallucination or some weird genjutsu thing like that?
    Yeah, the actual moon. They were on the moon at the time. Naruto jumps at Toneri and he hits him with an attack that slices the moon in half. He's all like, "Hahaha, I totally win," and then a bunch of Naruto's jump out of the hole in the moon he carries on the fight. If it damaged him at all, it's not really evident and he doesn't seem remotely fatigued. Later in the fight Toneri then shoots him with the same attack and Naruto just shoves his hand right through it and then one-shots Toneri in the face.

See here, the Moon Cutting happens at 6:00 minutes in. There is a thing about the moon having like a hidden world inside it apparently but it's still a pretty ridiculous set of feats overall.

Notable in that we first start to see this way back when Tao Pai Pai lolnoped Blue's psychokinesis.
    This is... like... kind of no limits thing. Not calling anyone out here but if we're saying that Dragonball characters can just power through things because of their sheer power then obviously the Naruto franchise can't really do much because of the orders of scale.

Well... bioterrorism. Sasori's nasty poisons or whatever should work. Goku couldn't power through heart disease, biological attacks should work.

Yeah, it's a bit weird. It's just that Dragon Ball and DBZ do have various instances of people with tons of ki being able to just say no to various mind affecting things. I wouldn't mean to no-limits it, but I would say that to cover a vast disparity in power, at the very least overt things like direct mind control and paralysis should probably have at least SOME feats for overcoming resistances. Particularly since Vegeta himself specifically has not just overcome mind control, but subverted it to his own ends. Albeit way later in the series than what we're talking about here.

Astonishing Member

On the other hand you have Captain Ginyu basically being able to bodyjack Goku despite Goku being quite a bit stronger than him.