Page 38 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
    Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Because that's not how this contract is structured. As long as Sony doesnt break the contract Spiderman is they'res for a long time to come. Rumor is though its non transferable so if Sony ever sold off they're film division rights would revert back. That or they either dont make a movie in X about of time or portray Peter in a way that was stipulated as a no no in the contract. Remember hearing as part of the deal Marvel said Sony couldnt make Peter smoke,do drugs, or be gay etc... Not sure how true that it but makes sense if in the 90s marvel was worried about a movie doing damage the image of one of the top sellers they had.
    Most of what you said is true, the only thing that is not is - Sony can sell the rights but only with the Marvel conditions onto it..
    Last edited by 5Eyes; 09-08-2019 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 5Eyes View Post
    Most of what you said is true, the only thing that is not is - Sony can sell the rights but only with the Marvel conditions onto it..
    Ok with all the Spider-man out if the MCU stuff. Seen people say if Sony ever sold off they're film division that the rights would revert back. But yea I'll take your word for it.

Ok with all the Spider-man out if the MCU stuff. Seen people say if Sony ever sold off they're film division that the rights would revert back. But yea I'll take your word for it.
    This Forbes article from a few weeks ago says if Sony Pictures is sold the rights revert back to Marvel

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhug...ay-or-another/

I got sick of the Sony v Disney/Marvel debate and skipped a few pages, is there anything new being talked about (rumors, speculation, actual news, whatever) or still the same argument?

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    This Forbes article from a few weeks ago says if Sony Pictures is sold the rights revert back to Marvel

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhug...ay-or-another/
    This from another forum but they have the links to the copy of the contracts from wikileak both old and new with explanation

https://www.resetera.com/threads/mar...ntracts.13589/

Reversion and Transfer
    If Sony doesn't produce or release a movie within the specified deadlines above, all rights in the contract revert to Marvel
    Sony can sell and transfer the rights contained in the license agreement to individuals or other corporations, including other Major Studios

they been accurate and I pretty sure I saw in the document in Wikileaks but I'm just not in the mood to look for it ... then again there could be changes that Forbes knows that is not in Wikileak

Update :

The Forbes Link you provided deal with Sony Mergers, if I missed anything it does not deal with the actual selling of Spider-Man rights , from what I could interpret if Sony is merge with another company by being bought out then it reverts back To Marvel, but does not have info if Sony sells Spider-man rights..
    Last edited by 5Eyes; 09-09-2019 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I got sick of the Sony v Disney/Marvel debate and skipped a few pages, is there anything new being talked about (rumors, speculation, actual news, whatever) or still the same argument?
    Nope. Course, there's nothing new to speculate on until Sony announces their first solo movie after the split or the two companies decide to explain the split in further detail or try to make a new deal or something.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

So here's my complete take on the whole Sony/Marvel split and Spider-Man leaving the MCU. Basically, It's not Sony who are the bad guys here:
    Spider-Man/Marvel Cinematic Universe split: In defense of Sony
    Last edited by stillanerd; 09-09-2019 at 02:41 PM.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    So here's my complete take on the whole Sony/Marvel split and Spider-Man leaving the MCU. Basically, It's not Sony who are the bad guys here:
    Spider-Man/Marvel Cinematic Universe split: In defense of Sony
    Still, can't see anyone winning from the walkaway; while Marvel Studios hardly needs Spider-Man to succeed, the franchise isn't better without him. Sony isn't exactly doing swimmingly outside of Spider-Man, as I understand and even that has a weak track record (I mean, the reason they made the deal in the first place was because their own series fell through and Venom does not inspire confidence that they've cracked the code that Sam Raimi and the Spider-Verse crew did). We the viewers don't get to see that third movie as it was intended to be made (although I'm aware of a few people who're happy that things are changing).
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Still, can't see anyone winning from the walkaway; while Marvel Studios hardly needs Spider-Man to succeed, the franchise isn't better without him. Sony isn't exactly doing swimmingly outside of Spider-Man, as I understand and even that has a weak track record (I mean, the reason they made the deal in the first place was because their own series fell through and Venom does not inspire confidence that they've cracked the code that Sam Raimi and the Spider-Verse crew did). We the viewers don't get to see that third movie as it was intended to be made (although I'm aware of a few people who're happy that things are changing).
    If they announced Lord and Miller were in charge of all Sonys spiderman related movies and shows it would do alot to restore confidence for me. But for me now it's just Spiderverse 2 and whatever TV shows they do.

BANNED

If they announced Lord and Miller were in charge of all Sonys spiderman related movies and shows it would do alot to restore confidence for me. But for me now it's just Spiderverse 2 and whatever TV shows they do.
    Maybe, but their track record is a bit spotty. They've done some things that are downright brilliant. The Lego Movie was a masterpiece, but they also got run out of the production of Solo. And several of their follow-up movies have failed to carry the torch of their original works.

I'd definitely be interested in seeing them take the reins, but I'd have some trepidation with it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Maybe, but their track record is a bit spotty. They've done some things that are downright brilliant. The Lego Movie was a masterpiece, but they also got run out of the production of Solo. And several of their follow-up movies have failed to carry the torch of their original works.

I'd definitely be interested in seeing them take the reins, but I'd have some trepidation with it as well.
    Honestly I just know them for Jump Streets , Lego movie and Spiderverse. And I love all those(Havent seen Lego movie 2 yet). But yea The whole star wars thing, I'd take that same as the Flash movie. Just Artistic differences. But yea I liked Spiderverse so much that I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. But with Holland and Jon Watts involved I'm sure there will be some stability regardless of who's in charge over there. Still gonna miss Favrou as Happy. Love the character but also feel like having someone like Favrou on set is a godsend for a young director.

Question to people who have dived into this deal falling apart. Reports were that Disney wants 50/50 and then it was later ssid 25%. But publicly from what the companies have said it was because Feige was too busy to produce Spider-man. So is it one or both? Like is it Feige is so busy that he wont do Spider-Man unless MARVEL studios gets a bigger Peice of the Pie? Or was the Busy stuff just a cover and it was all about Dinsey feeling like they deserve more after Giving Sony theyrr biggest movie ever? I'm guessing nobody on here knows for sure but they might have read through more info and have a better idea. Just confuse cause Leaks said Disney wanted a cut and public stuff just said Feige was too busy and a problem with Producer credits

BANNED

Question to people who have dived into this deal falling apart. Reports were that Disney wants 50/50 and then it was later ssid 25%. But publicly from what the companies have said it was because Feige was too busy to produce Spider-man. So is it one or both? Like is it Feige is so busy that he wont do Spider-Man unless MARVEL studios gets a bigger Peice of the Pie? Or was the Busy stuff just a cover and it was all about Dinsey feeling like they deserve more after Giving Sony theyrr biggest movie ever? I'm guessing nobody on here knows for sure but they might have read through more info and have a better idea. Just confuse cause Leaks said Disney wanted a cut and public stuff just said Feige was too busy and a problem with Producer credits
    Both can be true. He's a busy guy, and Disney might only let him devote time to Spiderman if Sony makes it worth their while. First priority is going to be their own properties.

Because that's not how this contract is structured. As long as Sony doesnt break the contract Spiderman is they'res for a long time to come. Rumor is though its non transferable so if Sony ever sold off they're film division rights would revert back. That or they either dont make a movie in X about of time or portray Peter in a way that was stipulated as a no no in the contract. Remember hearing as part of the deal Marvel said Sony couldnt make Peter smoke,do drugs, or be gay etc... Not sure how true that it but makes sense if in the 90s marvel was worried about a movie doing damage the image of one of the top sellers they had.
    Not sure if this is true or not, but I've heard online some people speculating that Amazon is interested in purchasing Sony Pictures. Obviously this could be completely untrue as this is the internet, but for arguements sake if there is some truth to it that could be the reason why marvel might have wanted out of the deal. If Amazon buys Sony Pictures and the rights revert back to marvel, they get Spider-Man for free anyways. Marvel got what they needed with him showing up in Civil War, Infinity War, and End Game... so maybe now they can afford to just sit back and wait to see if they can get Spider-Man back for nothing.

Course, this could all be untrue. Just saying, it's something out there.

Yeah, with Marvel out of the picture, the Spider-Verse stuff is the only thing I'm really looking forward to (although I'm willing to hear out the Black Cat movie, depending on the plot), much less have any confidence with the people behind it. Might Redbox the next Spider-Man movie instead of going to the theaters.

Both accounts could be true, but, given how much misinformation there was in the early clickbait, it's really hard to make sense of what exactly happened.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)