Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I believe Hickman wanted Emma for New Avengers years ago but had to use Beast because Bendis had claims on her to do nothing/writer her poorly in Uncanny. Between the Marauders, the Hellfire Gala, being on the QC, her name drop in Hellions, and appearances in Wolverine and many X-titles, her Cyclops reactions, her hinted marriage to Tony Stark it seems like we are building to the Age of Emma Frost. Move over Wolverine there is a new face of mutantdom!
    She also turned up in a recent issue of Savage Avengers keeping an eye on Conan not to mess up his current residence too much as it’s on loan the nation of Krakoa.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Poor man's Selene in what way?

Even as a villain I think Emma Frost got to appear more and had a more fleshed out personality than Selene.

Hardly boring, in that case Loddell would not have gotten the idea to use her for Generation X.

In particular her role in New Mutants as a villain was pretty good.
    Nope she’s a more interesting antihero same way Beast is a more nuanced character now they’ve moved him into a morally grey area.

Spectacular Member

This brings up an interesting question. What do you guys think about Emma’s shift from villain to antihero to basically a flat out hero. In the age of Krakoa, I feel she leans a lot more on the purely heroic side. I mean sure she has her schemes as are characteristic of her white queen character, but overall I’d definitely consider her less as a dark character on the side of the angels and more so as an angel herself. Personally I’d consider it great progression in her linear character arc but I sometimes miss her hesitation to avoid doing something the efficient + darker way in favor of using a messier, more heroic method. Her back and forth’s between heroism and operating in the philosophical grey area really intrigued me and attracted me to the character in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicHobo View Post
    This brings up an interesting question. What do you guys think about Emma’s shift from villain to antihero to basically a flat out hero. In the age of Krakoa, I feel she leans a lot more on the purely heroic side. I mean sure she has her schemes as are characteristic of her white queen character, but overall I’d definitely consider her less as a dark character on the side of the angels and more so as an angel herself. Personally I’d consider it great progression in her linear character arc but I sometimes miss her hesitation to avoid doing something the efficient + darker way in favor of using a messier, more heroic method. Her back and forth’s between heroism and operating in the philosophical grey area really intrigued me and attracted me to the character in the first place.
    Emma is pro active and actual gets **** done; therefore has things to held "accountable" for. Her current "role" in Hellions is an example. I hope she continues to be a hero (seems insane she has to prove herself after being an X-Man, Leader, Funder, etc for decades) but should she go villain again a well written event (not IvX or AvX). I think her "gimmick" is you love to hate her so writers quickly go there.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    She also turned up in a recent issue of Savage Avengers keeping an eye on Conan not to mess up his current residence too much as it’s on loan the nation of Krakoa.
    And looked fantastic! That was part of my point; Emma appears in the MU more a lot of A-List mutants!
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

So its official Emma is leaving Marauders, this makes me even more nervos/excited to see where she ends up after Inferno
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    So its official Emma is leaving Marauders, this makes me even more nervos/excited to see where she ends up after Inferno
    She is getting the gob seat.

Is obvious. All hail the White Queen of Krakoa.

Astonishing Member

Probably on some flagship title tbh. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see her set herself up as President of Krakoa or something.

Not necessarily, she's technically not part of the team even now, so could continue to oversee it in the background.

Could well be that she's leaving the book, but the article did not make that fully clear to me at least.

I mean if she does hypothetically replace charles she may appear sporadically across books such as he did, hopefully im wrong though cause i would much rather her be on an ongoing
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Emma is pro active and actual gets **** done; therefore has things to held "accountable" for. Her current "role" in Hellions is an example. I hope she continues to be a hero (seems insane she has to prove herself after being an X-Man, Leader, Funder, etc for decades) but should she go villain again a well written event (not IvX or AvX). I think her "gimmick" is you love to hate her so writers quickly go there.
    I would still call Emma an anti-hero. She believes very strongly in mutant rights, she also wants to protect children regardless of being human or mutant. For Emma the line in the sand is that if the things she cares about our threatened by an enemy, then Emma would resort to any means necessary to defeat that enemy. If Emma knew the exact location of a Sentinel manufacturing facility she would arrange to have it bombed or make it look like self-destruct. Emma will always be willing to cross the grey line to ensure that the things she cares about are protected.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Thank the Queen! Emma never needed, will never need the mess that comes with such an irrelevant, superficial title.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Thank the Queen! Emma never needed, will never need the mess that comes with such an irrelevant, superficial title.
    Exactly! These writers are going to make these characters as strong and as weak as they need to. It really doesn’t matter at all in the grand scheme of things
    She's A Lifebringer

To be honest, I'm glad she's not an Omega-level telepath. We already have two. And I think it's more Emma-y for her to be so strong and impressive because she worked for her prestige and skill. Not to say that Jean didn't work hard towards mastering her powers, but you get what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    To be honest, I'm glad she's not an Omega-level telepath. We already have two. And I think it's more Emma-y for her to be so strong and impressive because she worked for her prestige and skill. Not to say that Jean didn't work hard towards mastering her powers, but you get what I mean.
    Agreed. And you are in the Emma thread you can say that here.