Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Well, I want to believe the solicitation is misleading us, because Peter and MJ breaking up now, after what they pass through with Kindred and Peter in coma? Get lost, good-for-nothing writers!

And by the way, those comments about changing the status-quo being a mistake, they have no idea what they are talking about. First of all, the reason because readers identify themselves with the heroes is because they are like them. Now, readers' life are always changing, because unlike fictional characters, we grow-up and get old. Therefore, superheroes have to pass through the same to make readers stay interested.

+ Peter Parker has to go ahead with his life, because no one can stay in high school forever. So his marriage with Mary Jane was not a mistake.
    + Superman needs an anchor for never forget his humanity, and that where his marriage with Lois and his son John are needed.
    + Batman's stuborness has everyone fed up, so it's time for him to realize (once and for all) that there's only one way to deal with a rabbid dog, and kill scum like the Joker.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    And by the way, those comments about changing the status-quo being a mistake, they have no idea what they are talking about.
    I think Gerry Conway has some idea what he is talking about.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I think Gerry Conway has some idea what he is talking about.
    No, he's not. Keeping the same status quo indefinitely is a mistake, because people eventually gets tired of the same stuff over, and over, and over, and over. I used to laugh around the Road Runner's show, but now it's getting tiresome and one can't avoid to think: The Coyote should quit already, because he's wasting his life in a pointless effort.

And now, thanks to Internet, anyone can access all the comics around Sipder-Man and realize that, in restrospective, he's getting repetitive with a storytelling that negates Peter Parker the right to keep going with his life as a normal person. That's depressive.

Astonishing Member

Gerry Conway has written hundreds of Marvel and DC super-hero comics over the decades, about a hundred of them being Spider-Man. You can disagree with him, but he clearly has some idea of what he's talking about.

Illusion of change is a means to an end (namely the survival of IPs throughout time). No need to make a straw man of its opponents though. I don't want to see Peter age in real time, be an elder and die. That being said, there are many things that one doesn't need to circumscribe under illusion of change for the character to go on.

If illusion of change was all that mattered Gwen should have never died.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Illusion of change is a means to an end (namely the survival of IPs throughout time). No need to make a straw man of its opponents though. I don't want to see Peter age in real time, be an elder and die. That being said, there are many things that one doesn't need to circumscribe under illusion of change for the character to go on.

If illusion of change was all that mattered Gwen should have never died.
    She's never coming back
    Time to let it go

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    She's never coming back
    Time to let it go
    I don't know. I mean, her last clone in the "Clone Conspiracy" was pretty convincing, and there's no actual proof her body desintegrated after Peter stopped the decaying.

She's never coming back
    Time to let it go
    Of course not. I wasn't asking for it in my post either!

Just saying that even Conway changed the character for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I don't know. I mean, her last clone in the "Clone Conspiracy" was pretty convincing, and there's no actual proof her body desintegrated after Peter stopped the decaying.

There's a big age difference and ghost spider has replaced her so there's no reason to go any further

Gerry Conway has written hundreds of Marvel and DC super-hero comics over the decades, about a hundred of them being Spider-Man. You can disagree with him, but he clearly has some idea of what he's talking about.
    He has an opinion, same as everyone else.

There's a big age difference and ghost spider has replaced her so there's no reason to go any further
    This is a statement that I believe to be true. Gwen isn't Peter's (dead) love interest anymore. She's a super hero now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    This is a statement that I believe to be true. Gwen isn't Peter's (dead) love interest anymore. She's a super hero now.

Here's an even truer statement no matter how much higher ups think no one besides MJ will be universally accepted. Can't do Gwen because variant is the new version. Felecia wouldn't last long because of her morality. It might seem nice at first but wouldn't last. Other superheros would feel right or work and can't introduce any new girl because like the rest all would get rejected or replaced. There's only one option and that's Mary Jane Watson!

Astonishing Member

Here's an even truer statement no matter how much higher ups think no one besides MJ will be universally accepted. Can't do Gwen because variant is the new version. Felecia wouldn't last long because of her morality. It might seem nice at first but wouldn't last. Other superheros would feel right or work and can't introduce any new girl because like the rest all would get rejected or replaced. There's only one option and that's Mary Jane Watson!
    I was just saying, but I totally agree with you.

However, you can see how in other media they apparently try to merge Classic Gwen with Sipder-Gwen. Just look at Marvel's Spider-Man, they literally tried to keep "a classic" by merging it with "something new".

Literally created an gwen mini due to variants. She's become a sqd representation of what her character is

I mean it's just his opinion, not an universal truth, hell Peter David even disagrees with that lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then