Page 86 of 166 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 2482
    Amazing Member

I'm thinking foreshadowing, especially with the promo Marvel has up for Issue #3. Though dang, as if some 90s X-men wasn't a nostalgia trip already, those movie posters in the background sure were a treat

Oh my gosh, Jubilee just looks super cute on her date with Jono! Good to finally see some sweet romance for our girl, even if a trip down the alley was a classic 'not to do' horror trope I especially loved all the people checking out the youngest X-gal and her new beau, boy I bet the tabloids are going to love that bit of gossip ;D

I just subscribed to the series, here's hoping it doesn't disappoint. As a first issue, it sure was fun. Including a southern belle getting very literal with her Second Amendment rights, XD.

I'm glad we only have to wait another couple of weeks for the next issue, as I can't wait what with that cliffhanger!
    Last edited by Verthril; 03-30-2016 at 01:17 PM.

so did Jono just stare at her while she ate dinner? :\

Amazing Member

I've often wondered, given his moderate telepathy, if he couldn't enjoy a meal vicariously though someone else (ie: in this case, his date). It could certainly make for an intimate dining experience, especially if he treated Jubilee to her favourite dessert

Though to fit in, I suppose he could always enjoy the warmth of a good mug of coffee in his hands, and the aroma too. Thankfully in this comic, they're outed, so he wouldn't have to fake being a mute burn victim as I believe he did in Gen X.

Just my two cents worth

^yeah in the 4 days Gen X arc he and the deaf girl he met went to a cafe, he said he enjoyed just smelling the food. ( sad)

I wish they could have showed the date, Jubes stuffing her face while Jono just watches her annoyed, like in my avatar, lol.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Verthril View Post
    I'm thinking foreshadowing, especially with the promo Marvel has up for Issue #3. Though dang, as if some 90s X-men wasn't a nostalgia trip already, those movie posters in the background sure were a treat

Oh my gosh, Jubilee just looks super cute on her date with Jono! Good to finally see some sweet romance for our girl, even if a trip down the alley was a classic 'not to do' horror trope :-D I especially loved all the people checking out the youngest X-gal and her new beau, boy I bet the tabloids are going to love that bit of gossip ;D

I just subscribed to the series, here's hoping it doesn't disappoint. As a first issue, it sure was fun. Including a southern belle getting very literal with her Second Amendment rights, XD.

I'm glad we only have to wait another couple of weeks for the next issue, as I can't wait what with that cliffhanger!
    Hah, yeah, totally. Definitely a nice nostalgia boost.

According to the official site, the release date for #2 is Apr. 13, yay! Here's hoping it isn't delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    so did Jono just stare at her while she ate dinner? :\
    ROFLMAO, I didn't even consider that. I guess so, eh?? ;D

I've often wondered, given his moderate telepathy, if he couldn't enjoy a meal vicariously though someone else (ie: in this case, his date). It could certainly make for an intimate dining experience, especially if he treated Jubilee to her favourite dessert

Though to fit in, I suppose he could always enjoy the warmth of a good mug of coffee in his hands, and the aroma too. Thankfully in this comic, they're outed, so he wouldn't have to fake being a mute burn victim as I believe he did in Gen X.

Just my two cents worth
    I like your theory -- and Jubes would definitely be up for eating for two with a metabolism like hers. ;D
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Amazing Member

Oh, and one thing I just noticed after re-reading that issue. In the last page, it shows Jubilee with a new earring! Nice touch, what with one of her trademark earrings getting wrecked in the Secret Wars mini-series

Oh, and one thing I just noticed after re-reading that issue. In the last page, it shows Jubilee with a new earring! Nice touch, what with one of her trademark earrings getting wrecked in the Secret Wars mini-series

Nice catch! I didn't even remember that.

EDIT:

April Fool's Day joke I wish was real:

Last edited by Starleafgirl; 04-01-2016 at 07:58 PM.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post

April Fool's Day joke I wish was real:

Now Marvel is just being mean

Now Marvel is just being mean
    Haha, I know, right? But I think a fan came up with that graphic, based on the long-running hope that Jubilee would make it into the game.

EDIT:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/co...el-comics-2016

AHHHHH! D:

I'm not seriously worried, but oh no. XD

Meanwhile:

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    look what popped up on tumblr today

http://imakefireinthesky.tumblr.com/post/142041565309
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 04-09-2016 at 07:25 PM.
    Prεtty Pεnny

Amazing Member

Gosh darnit! The second issue in, and we already got someone flip flopping on the colour of Jubilee's replacement earring. Tsk, tsk.

Though I hope we keep this art team for a good while, as I dig it.

Gosh darnit! The second issue in, and we already got someone flip flopping on the colour of Jubilee's replacement earring. Tsk, tsk.

Though I hope we keep this art team for a good while, as I dig it.
    Maybe it was fixed in the actual issue? This colorist, man... two issues in and still coloring mistakes. But yeah, the art looks good otherwise, I like it a lot. ;D

Variant cover for X-Men '92 #3:

http://www.newsarama.com/28750-first...-men-92-3.html
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 04-09-2016 at 08:48 PM.
    Prεtty Pεnny

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    http://community.comicbookresources.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34601&d=1460240527
    Cute!! But oh my gosh, another Jubilee classroom scene, this has got to be a running joke by now. Hopefully this one doesn't get deleted, too!

Meanwhile, X-Men '92 #2 has brought us a shocking development regarding Jubilee.

...Well, shocking for anyone who hasn't seen the cover to #3, hah.

There's also a cute Jubilee action figure in the issue, hah.
    Prεtty Pεnny

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Finally, a new Jubilee image. It just looks like Bryan Singer was holding out on all the Jubilee stuff.

Jubilee's been left out all of the promotional materials we've seen so far, right? There's a new Imax poster--no Jubilee. There's a bunch of posters of character head shots--it's everyone but Jubilee! Not good.