Page 72 of 775 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172572 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 11614

Just to hazard a guess, I'll say the MCU will do the same thing with the Eternals they did with the Asgardians; say they're advanced aliens who were worshiped as gods on earth.

Cut the actual Greek pantheon out completely. Keeps it simple.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Elden View Post
    Wow, they started early on that!
    We should have seen it coming after they went back in time to get a young Samuel L. Jackson for Captain Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I think Maestro would be great as the next multi-phase Big Bad, myself.
    I have a hard time seeing them doing Maestro after how they have handled Banner so far, but it would be an interesting shift to see play out in the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I have a hard time seeing them doing Maestro after how they have handled Banner so far, but it would be an interesting shift to see play out in the movies.
    The fact that it'd be such a twist might be part of the fun.

Or you could say he's from one of those branching timelines created in Endgame or something. Maybe he jumped from the branch into the proper universe before his timeline was erased, or whatever comic-y explanation you like.

I'm just saying, he's a fun villain and a viable next Big Bad. You got all the drama of a hero gone bad, you can have modern day Banner freaking out about whether he'll really turn into this bearded monster, She-Hulk is on the way so you can bring her into it too, etc etc.

Kang or Doom or somebody is probably the better choice, but you can't deny Maestro would be a fun one.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    The fact that it'd be such a twist might be part of the fun.

Or you could say he's from one of those branching timelines created in Endgame or something. Maybe he jumped from the branch into the proper universe before his timeline was erased, or whatever comic-y explanation you like.

I'm just saying, he's a fun villain and a viable next Big Bad. You got all the drama of a hero gone bad, you can have modern day Banner freaking out about whether he'll really turn into this bearded monster, She-Hulk is on the way so you can bring her into it too, etc etc.

Kang or Doom or somebody is probably the better choice, but you can't deny Maestro would be a fun one.
    I mean, I'd be down to get to see a Hulk that's actually intimidating again to be honest.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, I'd be down to get to see a Hulk that's actually intimidating again to be honest.
    Smart Hulk was the accumulation of Hulk arc running since the Incredible Hulk film.

Hulk fighting the Mastro could be the next (or final) arc of the Hulk. Especially since Hulk is the one left with the time machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Smart Hulk was the accumulation of Hulk arc running since the Incredible Hulk film.
    I agree in concept, if not in execution.

Mighty Member

like I heard there is the midnight sons coming to the mcu along with ghost rider in the movies.

Kang is the most logical choice. They’ve been mucking with the timestream. For the purposes of the MCU, I feel that Kang should be an Avengers fanboy; enthralled by the legends of those who opposed Thanos. And that would make them the perfect opposition in his “game.” Loki was dismissive of the Avengers. Thanos grew to respect them but ultimately saw them as an obstacle to his vision of the universe. What’s left is a futuristic hipster madman wanting to leave his boring peaceful existence and pit himself against the best of the best.

There’s nothing stopping them from encountering the Maestro while battling through time.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 05-20-2020 at 11:36 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Kang is the most logical choice. They’ve been mucking with the timestream. For the purposes of the MCU, I feel that Kang should be an Avengers fanboy; enthralled by the legends of those who opposed Thanos. And that would make them the perfect opposition in his “game.” Loki was dismissive of the Avengers. Thanos grew to respect them but ultimately saw them as an obstacle to his vision of the universe. What’s left is a futuristic hipster madman wanting to leave his boring peaceful existence and pit himself against the best of the best.

There’s nothing stopping them from encountering the Maestro while battling through time.
    I see Maestro more as a single movie villain particularly for Bruce. Kang is definitely the next buildup type villain.

Just the fact that the Avengers have the first working time machine should put them on Kang’s radar and make them a target.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 05-21-2020 at 09:44 AM.

Phase 3 alone gave us Dormammu, Ego, Hela, Surtur and Thanos so why not have Maestro, Kang and Doom all in one phase?

One of my friends suggested an interesting take on Kang; so Steve reunited with Peggy and created an alternate timeline where Hydra never took over, Bucky was never tortured and in that timeline a genius was born who would rival Starks and every other genius on that planet. He would soon learn about time travel and learn about the 'legends' from the other timeline that saved the universe from Thanos. This genius would dub himself Kang and he would use his time travel technology to amass an army to challenge these heroes from another time.

My own suggestion would be that the Loki series gives us the origin of Kang; he is an employee of the Time Variance Authority and he decides to exploit his knowledge of time for his own ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    At first they were acknowledged as the representatives of the gods to their worshipers but over time they indeed were mistaken as the gods themselves; and the growing resentment by the Olympians lead to a brief war (Zeus and Zuras were exchanging barbs at each other). But how much of that will be referenced in the movie remains to be seen, if at all.
    I'm not sure about folding Hercules into the Eternals. Apples and oranges as far as mythology goes. If you go with the Greek Gods as another alien race like the Asgardians that begs the question of where they have been all this time. This is not a problem that plagues the Eternals but will be for any other pantheon.

I love Herc and I think there is space for more than one version.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I'm not sure about folding Hercules into the Eternals. Apples and oranges as far as mythology goes. If you go with the Greek Gods as another alien race like the Asgardians that begs the question of where they have been all this time.
    Presumably off in space, ignoring earth since they're no longer worshiped, just like Asgard was until Thor was exiled?

From what little I've heard it sounds like the Eternals will be dealing with the celestials, so I'm not expecting the movie to really try and deal with the Greek stuff too much, but I wouldn't be surprised if the MCU treated them like Asgardians, and ancient humans mistook them for gods. It'd streamline things for the general audience some, and the only Greek god of any real note in Marvel is Herc, so a potential merger of Eternals and Olympians really only impacts him to any worthwhile degree. But time will tell, who knows what the film will do?

~ Black Panther.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

As I recall there was a set shot that had a Mesoamerican look, so it would seem that the Eternals had a globe-spanning history encompassing multiple cultures. 616 Ajak is known there as well as among the Inca so will MCU Ajak be as well?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Disney Plus says that The Falcon and the Winter Soldier is still going to be released in Fall 2020, and WandaVision is still set for December 2020.

Extraordinary Member

I don't think this was posted in this thread but if not here is the recent news.

Falcon & Winter Soldier, Carnival Row Get OK to Resume Production
    The Falcon and the Winter Soldier and Carnival Row are among the projects that have been cleared to resume production in the Czech Republic.
    https://www.cbr.com/falcon-winter-so...me-production/

Shooting Falcon & Winter Soldier 'Felt Like a Movie,' Says Sebastian Stan
    The Falcon and Winter Soldier shares the same grounded tone as Captain America: The Winter Soldier, according to its star Sebastian Stan.
    https://www.cbr.com/stan-falcon-wint...lt-like-movie/
    Last edited by mace11; 05-22-2020 at 08:12 PM.