Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Here is a poll as to whether people want the recast acknowledged in-universe: https://tvline.com/2020/05/25/batwom...have-new-face/

No explanation is winning, IMO this is best.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    I don't like the continued rumors going around that CW wants to cast Peyton List. The issue being the fact that she already played Lisa Snart/Golden Glider in multiple episodes of The Flash - making her far too recognizable in the Arrowverse and established as that character.
    Which one?

Man I can't even recall what Golden Glider looked like. Remember the episodes, but drawing a blank on the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Here is a poll as to whether people want the recast acknowledged in-universe: https://tvline.com/2020/05/25/batwom...have-new-face/

No explanation is winning, IMO this is best.
    I really don't understand this mentality in movies and TV these days where if an actor wants to leave a role, you have to reboot or re-tool the entire thing. It makes zero sense to me.

Not to play the "ornery old man" card, but when I was growing up I had three different Batmen in the movies (four if you count the animated one). You just accepted it and moved on.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Man I can't even recall what Golden Glider looked like. Remember the episodes, but drawing a blank on the face.
    I like Peyton List but they really didn't do much with Lisa. Then again, they didn't do much with The Rogues as a whole...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I like Peyton List but they really didn't do much with Lisa. Then again, they didn't do much with The Rogues as a whole...
    Indeed. They took one of the best bits of the Flash property and squandered it. Forgettable villains of the week and one season big bad.

Saw that yahoo news had an article about this whole thing, and how the creators are looking for another LGBTQ+ woman to step into the role.

Then I saw comments wondering, "Why did CW make Batwoman lesbian!?" and "Why does it have to be LGBTQ+ to be the role!?" etc.

Further proof that ignorant a-holes exist everywhere.

Indeed. They took one of the best bits of the Flash property and squandered it. Forgettable villains of the week and one season big bad.
    Well, some of the villain of the weeks stand out more then others...but until season 6 people haven't really loved a Big Bad since season 2 (although I think Savitar has his fans).

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Saw that yahoo news had an article about this whole thing, and how the creators are looking for another LGBTQ+ woman to step into the role.

Then I saw comments wondering, "Why did CW make Batwoman lesbian!?" and "Why does it have to be LGBTQ+ to be the role!?" etc.

Further proof that ignorant a-holes exist everywhere.
    I remember that crazy stuff from when they first casted Rose. "Why is Batgirl gay now?" "Why is it not girl and now it's woman?". Some people need to do research before commenting lol.
    PLEASE READ CLOAK & DAGGER IN SAVAGE AVENGERS!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. Marvel: Savage Avengers, She Hulk. Dynamite: Vampirella.
    Support Indie Comics: Coffin Comics, Lion Forge, and so much more!!!
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

So people didn't realise her character wasn't Barbara Gordon? I guess those people haven't read comics for over 20 years, lol.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So people didn't realise her character wasn't Barbara Gordon? I guess those people haven't read comics for over 20 years, lol.
    I wouldn't say it was a large amount, but I saw a few of them online. I'm guessing they've never read a Batman comic at all haha.
    PLEASE READ CLOAK & DAGGER IN SAVAGE AVENGERS!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. Marvel: Savage Avengers, She Hulk. Dynamite: Vampirella.
    Support Indie Comics: Coffin Comics, Lion Forge, and so much more!!!
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Which one?
    The original Peyton List, not Peyton Roi List.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    The original Peyton List, not Peyton Roi List.
    I know, it was just a funny thought to me to imagine blonde Peyton as Batwoman. But I think she could actually play Flamebird/Bette Kane

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    I know, it was just a funny thought to me to imagine blonde Peyton as Batwoman. But I think she could actually play Flamebird/Bette Kane
    Bette Kane was replaced by Mary Hamilton though.

The speculation continues, I don't really care that much, but this video was kinda interesting: