Page 154 of 313 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204254 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 4692

If Damian gives up Robin then he can't take on another hero name unless he is to become an antagonist to Batman.
    Damian is 13 and Bruce's kid. Giving up Robin means that his POV or methods are no longer in sync. Which by extension means that he and batman are no longer in sync making him an antagonist or at best a Red Hood type.

Batman will not support Damian becoming an independent hero because HE IS 13 so it's either grounded while father and son work things out or he goes rouge.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    If Damian gives up Robin then he can't take on another hero name unless he is to become an antagonist to Batman.
    Damian is 13 and Bruce's kid. Giving up Robin means that his POV or methods are no longer in sync. Which by extension means that he and batman are no longer in sync making him an antagonist or at best a Red Hood type.

Batman will not support Damian becoming an independent hero because HE IS 13 so it's either grounded while father and son work things out or he goes rouge.
    He can't hero without his parental figures consent so yeah any crime fighting would be Damian disobeying Bruce or the two parting ways.

Well he does have a Mother and if Slade still interested in mentoring him there's a new direction lol

I hope he doesn't take on a different persona just be damian for sometime.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    He left the role over ten years ago, he should have moved on already.
    Accordsing to Bendis Tim is getting yet another identity. It might be Robin. Tim clearly can't move on and a large subsection of fans can't move on so while it's regression I don't think those fans mind.

The same fans who every week make lots of threads hoping, saying or suggesting it's time for Damian to die or get lost so Tim can be Robin again and the shortest bat again

Exactly.
    And Damian as a Batman antagonist would be ridiculous. As if DC would let Damian ever be a serious threat to Batman.

DC plans most things from Batman's perspective. I don't believe there is anything good waiting for Damian if he decides to go rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Accordsing to Bendis Tim is getting yet another identity. It might be Robin. Tim clearly can't move on and a large subsection of fans can't move on so while it's regression I don't think those fans mind.

The same fans who every week make lots of threads hoping, saying or suggesting it's time for Damian to die or get lost so Tim can be Robin again and the shortest bat again
    It's okay if I people hate me for this, but hardcore Tim fans are probably the most annoying side of the batman fandom to me. The character is okay, but some of the fans...

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post

Oh for the love of God, Bendis really said that? On where? I don't really mind if Tim will get his Robin title back but please not under Bendis's writing.

At this point, I'm not surprised if Damian will outgrown Tim, not only on height but also on age. I can see DC will age-up Damian if they want to make him as villain or independent hero and Tim is 16 years old for like eternity.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 06-18-2020 at 05:34 AM.

Exactly.
    And Damian as a Batman antagonist would be ridiculous. As if DC would let Damian ever be a serious threat to Batman.

DC plans most things from Batman's perspective. I don't believe there is anything good waiting for Damian if he decides to go rogue.
    Not that I agree with DC's possible plan to make Damian villain, but why do you think Damian as Batman's antagonist is ridiculous and DC will not do it? DC has multiple plots when the hero's relatives become the hero's antagonist. Also, Damian has connection with Ra's, one of Batman's greatest antagonist. I can see DC will make Damian become villain and face Bruce for drama and shock value.
    I agree with you though, Damian will only have bad thing waiting for him if he become Batman's villain

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Not that I agree with DC's possible plan to make Damian villain, but why do you think Damian as Batman's antagonist is ridiculous and DC will not do it? DC has multiple plots when the hero's relatives become the hero's antagonist. Also, Damian has connection with Ra's, one of Batman's greatest antagonist. I can see DC will make Damian become villain and face Bruce for drama and shock value.
    I agree with you though, Damian will only have bad thing waiting for him if he become Batman's villain
    He is 13, I agree would be ridiculous if he became Batman's antagonist, because... he is 13. Looks like Batman don't get it, maybe because don't show in Damian birthdays (lol), but he can't understand when Damian was just 10 too. Just worst father ever. I think Damian can, and will became a antagonist in future, but right now is more possible he disappears for a time and come back as a bad guy. There is still the "baby Hitler" thing, right?
    I hate how Damian is always in pain in future, like Batman 666, in the movie, Terry's comics, the only time this didn't happen was in Super Sons, but he was toooo old, don't means he had a good life before 70. I would enjoy Damian happy for decided his own path and fall in love and being corresponded, and keep who he likes close. Don't need to be a long storie, just one "future chapter" more happier than this others I talked.

Astonishing Member

They won't make him a villain. If Didio would be in charge, I would believe in that, he adored to destroy everything he hated, even if that was something popular. And also he wanted to give Batman mantle to Luke, and obviously, Damian's presence clearly interfered with this initiative. But right now, that makes no sense, 5G is dead, Luke-Batmam is cancelled. Make him an antihero? Yes, I will believe it. Making him an antagonist is a shitty business decision. He is popular. If that would be different, he would not have been resurrected at the first place, Morrison didn't plan it. Supersons, for example, were sold at the level of Wonder Woman at one time, I don’t know how it is with the Titans, but it’s interesting to see a comparison of sales with Tim’s period in the team. And Damian is easier to use in the media, it was not for nothing that he was made one of the main faces of DCAMU, he is introduced into the Harley series and the Batman / TMNT crossover for a reason. He's easier to sell and he has a fan base, which, for example, has been besieging DC for two years, yelling for the Supersons to be returned.
    I don’t know what will happen with him after Death Metal (we just have to look forward there), but I’m sure that they will not make him a villain. This just doesn't make any sense. Maybe they would have done it with joy, but money also need to be made. Who knows, maybe after Joker War Dick will replace Bruce again, and he will become Nightwing, now there is such a chance, because the ending of Joker War should definitely hit something very big, and the original plan was originally Bruce's resignation.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 06-18-2020 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Because he is 13 and looks 10. What an epic battle that would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    He is 13, I agree would be ridiculous if he became Batman's antagonist, because... he is 13. Looks like Batman don't get it, maybe because don't show in Damian birthdays (lol), but he can't understand when Damian was just 10 too. Just worst father ever. I think Damian can, and will became a antagonist in future, but right now is more possible he disappears for a time and come back as a bad guy. There is still the "baby Hitler" thing, right?
    I hate how Damian is always in pain in future, like Batman 666, in the movie, Terry's comics, the only time this didn't happen was in Super Sons, but he was toooo old, don't means he had a good life before 70. I would enjoy Damian happy for decided his own path and fall in love and being corresponded, and keep who he likes close. Don't need to be a long storie, just one "future chapter" more happier than this others I talked.
    Perhaps they will age-up Damian like they did with Jon. Hell, they didn't hesitate to write 10 years old got tortured on volcano planet for 5 years, they can pull the same stunt to Damian and make him get tortured somewhere for a long time, but unlike Jon (even though I still think that's impossible even for him), Damian will get messed up on head. Then add bonus point of angst to Bruce by write him blames himself for letting that happen to his son.
    Man, sometimes I'm scared of my own idea.

Damian in Terry's comic is not very bad I think. He got LoA's assets, cool costume, and Bathug. The whole plot is basically he built a nuke and announce it to the world so Terry will come to him, then because Bruce knew that Terry is no match for Damian, he also went to stop Damian. On that book, Damian knew that Bruce is alive and active from his bank account activity, and Bruce also knew Damian alive as Demon Head because he's the greatest detective in the world. But both of them didn't want to approach the other first (Damian tried but Terry is already on Bruce's side), hence the nuke.
    Sigh, why must they wait for something to get exploded first for them to talk with each other?

In Supersons, that future is created by Hypercube imagination (who is apparently a JonDami shipper), so not canon, but I agree that it's refreshing to see Damian grow old together with his best friend and shares stories with their grandchildren.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 06-18-2020 at 06:38 AM.

He left the role over ten years ago, he should have moved on already.
    ok, 10 years is a lot of time, I didn't know that.
    Why Drake stoped being Drake (the hero)? I liked the outfit...

And this is totally his own path because he is... DRAKE!

Batman doesn't need a Robin. He said so himself. Which was why Duke became Signal something better.

The only Robin batman ever needed was Dick.
    Ok, Batman don't need a Robin, but it's a thing they keep saying. So for me is logic that writers don't give up of a "dinamic duo".

Dc decides eg. Tynion's batman /TMNT doesn't like Damian [says he finds it difficult to write him even though he writes a good Damian] but since Damian is Robin Dc wanted him to be in the book with batman so Tynion has no choice but to use him if he wants the job

if a writer is big enough then he can decide eg Synder's pitched a Nightwing book and his Metal/Death Metal, Tomasi writing batman and Robin

Some writers might take a job writing a character they don't like because it's a good move professionally eg King on batman.

Writers use the characters that work best in their books or with the stories they wish to write eg king was supposed to use Duke in his Rebirth Batman [Synder his creator was instrumental in getting him his batman gig ] but the story he wanted to focus on ended up not having a place for Duke.
    I dunno, this systen still make no sense for me. Everybody know Gabriel Picollo? He loves TT so much, you can see this in his drawings and when he talks about his work. When a wiriter say "yeah, I don't like him, but I will try work well" sounds terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    They won't make him a villain. If Didio would be in charge, I would believe in that, he adored to destroy everything he hated, even if that was something popular. And also he wanted to give Batman mantle to Luke, and obviously, Damian's presence clearly interfered with this initiative. But right now, that makes no sense, 5G is dead, Luke-Batmam is cancelled. Make him an antihero? Yes, I will believe it. Making him an antagonist is a shitty business decision. He is popular. If that would be different, he would not have been resurrected at the first place, Morrison didn't plan it. Supersons, for example, were sold at the level of Wonder Woman at one time, I don’t know how it is with the Titans, but it’s interesting to see a comparison of sales with Tim’s period in the team. And Damian is easier to use in the media, it was not for nothing that he was made one of the main faces of DCAMU, he is introduced into the Harley series and the Batman / TMNT crossover for a reason. He's easier to sell and he has a fan base, which, for example, has been besieging DC for two years, yelling for the Supersons to be returned.
    I don’t know what will happen with him after Death Metal (we just have to look forward there), but I’m sure that they will not make him a villain. This just doesn't make any sense. Maybe they would have done it with joy, but money also need to be made. Who knows, maybe after Joker War Dick will replace Bruce again, and he will become Nightwing, now there is such a chance, because the ending of Joker War should definitely hit something very big, and the original plan was originally Bruce's resignation.
    I try to keep my expectations low, but I am so anxious to see what will happen. I keep saying this is gonna be a terryble sad ending, but still have some many possibilities for being something nice.
    But I don't think a character being popular can hold him. Alfred is dead Dick is Ric and Bruce stayed like 2 years without showing up. I guess they can erase anyone, simplily when a fan base decrease another increase. I think Tim is still more popular than Damian.