Page 70 of 101 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1511

The only way to neutralize her powers would be to kill Chthon. Even then she has traditional magic. That she used to bring back Eric Masterson from being turned to shards of glass.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 07-22-2021 at 11:00 AM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Yeah but it was a far cry from the whole "building forward with humans" **** they constantly put in the ads and book themselves leading up to it. And their big event ended with a human being murdered by, if not Magneto, definitely someone else high up in Krakoas government. And now we've seen that they covered up the murder too.
    I think there were intentionally meant to be two sides the Gala, like there are for most things in life.

Half of it was about establishing power and expansion, while the other half was about strengthening mutant human relations. A HUGE part of the Gala was announcing the new X-Men team which is a team specifically designed to be heroes to everyone regardless of species.

I don't think either completely counteracts the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I think there were intentionally meant to be two sides the Gala, like there are for most things in life.

Half of it was about establishing power and expansion, while the other half was about strengthening mutant human relations. A HUGE part of the Gala was announcing the new X-Men team which is a team specifically designed to be heroes to everyone regardless of species.

I'd be interested to know which, if any, countries had their opinions of Krakoa raised by the Gala; it would be something for a data page, at the very least. But Liechtenstein enjoying themselves probably isn't as interesting on page as England breaking off diplomatic relations.

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    I'd be interested to know which, if any, countries had their opinions of Krakoa raised by the Gala; it would be something for a data page, at the very least. But Liechtenstein enjoying themselves probably isn't as interesting on page as England breaking off diplomatic relations.
    I am honestly surprise we didn't get the data page of the countries' reactions.

This is going to be so very interesting.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post

Which was Scotts idea, not Krakoas, and then Krakoa publicly disavowed them and the term X-Men. Unlike the terraforming, which wasn't.

And even then the X-Men announcement, two years into the run, feels like it's come way too late. X-Men acting like heroes is a bare minimum but sounds like it's just a bonus in the grand scheme of things.

gonnagiveittoya, this is a sincere question, but isn’t this the moment in X-Men #16 when Jean and Scott first mention the idea for the new X-Men? I’m curious.

I can't wait for this mini series, it's the most anticipated X event on my calender.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Will Magneto face the Xmen one more time? If so, he should take a beating one by one.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I wonder where they corner Magneto at. None of them are wearing their Gala outfits so it's defintely sometime after that. Magneto donning his black costume so assuming that means he's on a solo mission for revenge.

I could imagine Magneto not having the patience for any investigations and deciding to take matters in his own hands. Also, bringing the people with metal in their bodies to a confrontation with Magneto will never not be funny to me.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Which was Scotts idea, not Krakoas, and then Krakoa publicly disavowed them and the term X-Men. Unlike the terraforming, which wasn't.

And even then the X-Men announcement, two years into the run, feels like it's come way too late. X-Men acting like heroes is a bare minimum but sounds like it's just a bonus in the grand scheme of things.
    I think you mixed up the order of things. Krakoa was distancing itself from the term X-Men before Scott’s announcement to show that mutantkind is it’s own thing. If Krakoa was so against the idea than they would not have made it such a huge part of the Gala and they wouldn’t be supporting their efforts like making the Treehouse and purchasing that park in New York.

Marvel Comics' Trial of Magneto Will Be About More Than the Scarlet Witch's Death
    https://gizmodo.com/marvel-comics-tr...han-1847352784

The fact that the X-Men have recently gotten into the important, and highly secretive business of resurrecting people could factor into what becomes of Wanda down the line. But Williams also shared a bit about how her death and the Trial of Magneto are going to pose some difficult challenges for the mutants, who’ve been working very hard to keep some of their tech hidden from the public. “This is a really deep look into the proceedings of Krakoa’s first really high-profile murder investigation that brings a lot of outside attention and threatens a lot of Krakoan secrets, and a lot of Krakoan peace,” Williams said. “It’s also a deep look into, you know, the House of M dynamic. It’s called Trial of Magneto, and trial has more than one meaning.”

I guess this won't be a court trial, but the other definitions of trial.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I wonder where they corner Magneto at. None of them are wearing their Gala outfits so it's defintely sometime after that. Magneto donning his black costume so assuming that means he's on a solo mission for revenge.
    Wanda's murder aside...Scott and Erik wearing very similar outfits is a heinous crime.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!