Page 1823 of 1884 FirstFirst ... 823132317231773181318191820182118221823182418251826182718331873 ... LastLast
Results 27,331 to 27,345 of 28258

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Who else has posted the Phoenix Force?
    I remember Rachel, Hope, The phoenix five, Thane, Quentin Quire, Korvus, Fongji, the Phoenix Lady from a millions years ago.

Who else has host it?
    Are you just talking in 616 or other alt universes as well?
    First X-Lady

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Are you just talking in 616 or other alt universes as well?
    Just 616, i feel like counting alt universes would make things worse.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Just 616, i feel like counting alt universes would make things worse.
    You forgot the Cuckoos and Feron.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Don't count on that: Comcast is probably going to put a higher offer. Between them and Disney, that can continue like that for months.
    No, it can't. Because the shareholder vote for Disney and Fox is the 25th. If shareholders of both companies vote YES on the 25th, the deal is IMMEDIATELY CLOSED.

If Comcast makes a higher offer, Disney will offer more. Murdock, the controlling shareholder of Fox, would rather have Disney stock than cash. So this is a done deal.

Comcast does not have regulatory approval, and Disney has which is why Disney and Fox were able to schedule shareholder votes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    But see that's the thing I don't want Jean to embrace the Phoenix in a "necessary evil" type. I want her up accept the Phoenix as being a part of herself I want the union to be beautiful and harmonic.

Of course that would go against Marvel's recent narrative of the Phoenix so the chances of that happening are slim to none...
    The Phoenix never had a narrative where it was completely good. In the Jean Grey book (Jeen's), adult Jean has said the Phoenix was equal parts good and evil. That's pretty much how it has always been portrayed.

Burning away what doesn't work (the Morrison run) also means the Phoenix would blow up whole worlds or solar system, if need be. Even when Jean went Phoenix in the Morrison run, it was to save the students in the school from the U-Men.

When she became Phoenix the first time, it was to save the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    No, it can't. Because the shareholder vote for Disney and Fox is the 25th. If shareholders of both companies vote YES on the 25th, the deal is IMMEDIATELY CLOSED.

If Comcast makes a higher offer, Disney will offer more. Murdock, the controlling shareholder of Fox, would rather have Disney stock than cash. So this is a done deal.

Comcast does not have regulatory approval, and Disney has which is why Disney and Fox were able to schedule shareholder votes.
    That's not what economist think. The deal is not closed at all: Disney first made an offer. Comcast made a higher one. Then Disney made yet a higher one. And now most economist think that Comcast is going do yet a higher offer. As it stands, Comcast has more money than Disney. Disney doesn't have any choice but to offer stock because that's how they can match Comcast.

The approval was more a concern for Disney than Comcast. And anyway, the same restriction that were set on a deal with Disney would apply to Comcast.

Don't believe me, check financial newpapers for yourself.

"I do think that it's likely," RBC Capital Markets analyst Steven Cahall told Business Insider, referring to the chances Comcast makes another bid for 21st Century Fox assets. (...)

And as of Thursday morning, Janedis isn't alone. In a note sent out to clients, Cahall predicted Comcast could indeed make another bid. "Comcast will similarly approach Fox focused on post-RSN leverage so we wouldn’t be surprised to see Disney and Comcast bidding into the $40s," he wrote. Any buyer of the assets would have to divest the regional sports network.
    (...)
    Comcast badly wants to win the sweepstakes, and it has the might on its balance sheet to raise Disney's bid. Both bidders would finance the acquisition with a large amount of debt, but "Comcast has the bigger balance sheet so it has more debt capacity and can pay a higher price," according to Cahall.

Edit: Sure, Disney may still end-up winning the bid but, as I said, it may take many more months with several more offers and counter-offers. If Comcast make a higher offer, they will want a new offer from Disney. They won't just accept the current one.
    Last edited by Narasinha; 07-09-2018 at 02:35 PM.

I wish they'd just do a joint bid and split the assets. Comcast can have Sky TV and Fox Sports (Disney can't keep the regional FS channels). Disney would get the film studio and TV production facilities, which includes the Marvel and Star Wars rights they're missing.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Not to mention that in case of Cap, Thor and Iron Man, those items mentioned are part them since their very inception. They weren't added on years later. And those characters are seldom seen without those things. When they don't have it, it's a plot point. That's not the same with Jean and Phoenix. What was the longest time when Jean had Phoenix? Morrison's entire run, arguably? Like it or not, for the majority of Jean's history, she did't have Phoenix.
    Well that's because Jean, like most female characters of the time, wasn't created with any particular gimmick in mind because "being a girl" was her gimmick. The Phoenix was introduced to give her a more distinctive identity and look and put her on the same level as the iconic male heroes, and the idea that it was somehow evil or corrupting was only added later as an excuse to write her out of the book because she was supposedly stealing too much shine from the rest of the cast. And while Jean may have technically only had the Phoenix for a short time, it has become an inseparable part of her brand and is far better known than any other stories she was involved with. Marvel's attempts to try to pass it off to other characters has never really stuck.

I posted this in the Cyclops thread but will put it here bc its quite a feat for Jean. Considering how powerful Black Bolt was, the fact that she was able to block his powers with her TK was quite impressive. It nearly knocked her out but he's able to destroy mountains with little effort so this shows how powerful her own TK was

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

I posted this in the Cyclops thread but will put it here bc its quite a feat for Jean. Considering how powerful Black Bolt was, the fact that she was able to block his powers with her TK was quite impressive. It nearly knocked her out but he's able to destroy mountains with little effort so this shows how powerful her own TK was
    X-factor Jean I see you, I remember when she caught the top of a skyscraper while levitating herself and Scott. She always was my favorite behind Morrison, and now Taylor.

BANNED

I'm waiting on Taylor to show Jean having some fun now to sort of complete his take on her. She's been all business so far.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    That's not what economist think. The deal is not closed at all: Disney first made an offer. Comcast made a higher one. Then Disney made yet a higher one. And now most economist think that Comcast is going do yet a higher offer. As it stands, Comcast has more money than Disney. Disney doesn't have any choice but to offer stock because that's how they can match Comcast.

The approval was more a concern for Disney than Comcast. And anyway, the same restriction that were set on a deal with Disney would apply to Comcast.

Don't believe me, check financial newpapers for yourself.

"I do think that it's likely," RBC Capital Markets analyst Steven Cahall told Business Insider, referring to the chances Comcast makes another bid for 21st Century Fox assets. (...)

And as of Thursday morning, Janedis isn't alone. In a note sent out to clients, Cahall predicted Comcast could indeed make another bid. "Comcast will similarly approach Fox focused on post-RSN leverage so we wouldn’t be surprised to see Disney and Comcast bidding into the $40s," he wrote. Any buyer of the assets would have to divest the regional sports network.
    (...)
    Comcast badly wants to win the sweepstakes, and it has the might on its balance sheet to raise Disney's bid. Both bidders would finance the acquisition with a large amount of debt, but "Comcast has the bigger balance sheet so it has more debt capacity and can pay a higher price," according to Cahall.

Edit: Sure, Disney may still end-up winning the bid but, as I said, it may take many more months with several more offers and counter-offers. If Comcast make a higher offer, they will want a new offer from Disney. They won't just accept the current one.
    This is not going to take several more months. If Comcast makes another bid, and they have not YET, then all Disney has to do is make another BID. The deal would still close on July 25th after Fox and Disney shareholders VOTE yes, as Murdock wants DISNEY stock and already has governmental approval. If Comcast wanted to offer more money, they likely would have already. As it stands, the day of the vote is just TWO WEEKS away.........

It's also not in Comcast's interest to bid the price for Fox too high. They can just purchase something else. If they offer say 100 billion for Fox, they still have to wait for approvals, and at a certain point they've paid too much for Fox and have taken on too much debt. Murdock would reject a deal that would weigh the combined company with too much debt. He reviews Disney stock as the greater long term investment, and Fox really does to who he wants it to go to (Disney). The Disney/Fox deal is closing in TWO WEEKS.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I know this may not mean much and i definitely don't want to discredit Emma or any of her fans with this but according with Jordan D White Jean would win in a duel.
    https://twitter.com/cracksh0t/status...20447163236352

Fleer 2018!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Official Jean Grey 2018 Fleer Ultra X-Men image minus the logos. 8FD9A9FC-8F0B-4F77-ADE2-10540FE4F2F9.jpg