Page 12 of 138 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Facts: "LOGAN TAKES A DEEP BREATH"

Fandom: Ugh... he is appearing everywhere

Nothing would surprise me at this point lol.

So now that we're done with the Hunt minis let's do a recap of all the clues we got before the release of Dead Ends:

Hunt one shot:

- After his death and before Secret Wars, Logan's dead body was removed from its adamantium shell by Kitty and buried in an unknown location
    - The body of Wolverine was stolen by someone who knew its location, Beast suspected that someone present at Logan's burial might have betrayed the X-Men and revealed the location of Logan's dead body.
    - Wolverine killed someone under the orders of a woman (Persephone most certainly). He didn't seems human anymore, just a mindless animal.

Weapon Lost;

- Albert was hijacked by someone and sent after Daredevil and his team
    - Soteira is supposed to be an asset company located in Chicago
    - Soteira was trying to remove every traces of "Wolverine" from their database before the arrival of Daredevil and his team
    - Soteira seems to possess its own private army: The Kill Teams
    - The kill teams seems to have different levels, the one Daredevil fought was a Kill Team Level 4
    - Soteira kill team are extremely powerful, enough to overpower Daredevil's team
    - Cypher discovered in Soteira's database that Wolverine was killing people all over the world for Soteira

Adamantium Agenda:

- Sinister possessed the DNA of all the living person on Earth until Stark and his team destroyed everything
    - Soteira stole Sinister's DNA database
    - Soteira Kill Teams were powerful enough to overpower Sinister and his army
    - There might be a sleeper agent inside the X-Men
    - This sleeper agent isn't a mutant but it was designed to look like one

Claws of a killer:

- A week ago Soteira sent "Wolverine" to Maybelle (small town in Arizona) to activate a weird green device in order to conduct some test. The goal was to kill people and then revive them but it was a failure and we got zombies
    - The device can switch off healing factor
    - Despite "Logan" appearance a week ago in Maybelle, Sabretooth and Daken confirmed that Wolverine was never here
    - Lord Dark Wind and Graydon Creed appeared alive and part of a Soteira kill team 9 which supervised this whole "zombie experiment", but Sabretooth noted that Graydon wasn't fighting like he used to so someone or something else was pulling the strings
    - The adamantium signature Deathstrike was tracking was her father and not Logan
    - Something to note the zombies weren't attacking the Soteira kill team
    - Lord Dark Wind and Graydon Creed were repeating the same words before trying to kill Deathstrike, Sabretooth and Daken: "You will be useful"
    - Deathstrike killed or at least shut down Lord Dark Wind and Graydon Creed by stabbing them in the neck
    - The green device was destroyed by Sabretooth
    - Daken was killed by Lord Dark Wind and his dead body was taken by Soteira

Mystery in Madripoor:

- Viper and her femmes fatales were working for Soteira
    - Soteira enhanced the femmes fatales with technology
    - Soteira wanted Storm and Rogue bodies delivered to them, the bodies were put inside a rocket ship (maybe Soteira has a space station?)
    - Snakewhip said that Soteira were looking for Logan when they hired Viper and her team
    - Magneto had nothing to do with the disappearance of Logan's body (good job Kitty)

And now the last clue recently revealed by Soule, the big boss of the Soteira's organization is a woman named Persephone and she will be the big villain of Return of Wolverine.

Well I hope Dead Ends will deliver because right now it's hard to say what's going on with Logan
    Last edited by Hush; 08-22-2018 at 11:11 AM.

Great list there, lets see how all that fit together next week (i'm still going with clones ).

Something that crossed my mind recently, maybe the "hot claws" are a way of Soteria controlling Logan. They attached a device to his claws that when he tries to turn on his captors activates and causes him immense pain. Only problem with my theory is Logan is no stranger to pain and I doubt it would stop him so I hope I'm wrong.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Something that crossed my mind recently, maybe the "hot claws" are a way of Soteria controlling Logan. They attached a device to his claws that when he tries to turn on his captors activates and causes him immense pain. Only problem with my theory is Logan is no stranger to pain and I doubt it would stop him so I hope I'm wrong.
    I starting to think that he is going to do the attack of Marvel vs Capcom but that it hurts like hell lol.

Also, because i wanted to see a bit more of Soule's take on the characther, i read the first 3 issues of Astonishing X-Men, it was pretty decent all things considered, i actually like how he represented Logan's natural resitance toward mind control and illusions.

I’ll say it Hunt For Wolverine was a pointless sodding waste. The only meaningful events happened to non Wolverine characters and the few reveals about Wolverine were things anyone with a remote interest in Wolverine or comics could predict.

1. An evil organization resurrected Wolverine.
    2. He is under their control.

I mean really did we need 16 comics and four months of waiting to tell us what a one shot could have? I just am so tired of how marvel has dragged Wolverine’s return out without giving us even a full page worth of Wolverine. I’m glad they want to make it an event but am I the only one asking where’s the event?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    I’ll say it Hunt For Wolverine was a pointless sodding waste. The only meaningful events happened to non Wolverine characters and the few reveals about Wolverine were things anyone with a remote interest in Wolverine or comics could predict.

1. An evil organization resurrected Wolverine.
    2. He is under their control.

I mean really did we need 16 comics and four months of waiting to tell us what a one shot could have? I just am so tired of how marvel has dragged Wolverine’s return out without giving us even a full page worth of Wolverine. I’m glad they want to make it an event but am I the only one asking where’s the event?
    People will buy it, so they're going to milk it for everything it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Oh I know but that’s no excuse for creating pointless water treading stories. It’s almost harder to do this then to decompress or elaborate the actual story of his return.

Reading more from Logan under Claremont in his legendary Uncanny X-Men run, i had to ask one particular thing, do you think that the small alterations that he introduce in the characther after Byrne left jibe with how the characther was before or that is too contradictory.

When Logan started he was the wild car and the brawler of the team, not very skillfull but pretty damn strong, around 148 more or less he started to expand hisnbackground like his training under Japan and his "Samurai Honor".

In my opinion i think that Claremont and Miller, did a good job in explaining that part of him, but i wanted to know your opinion about it.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Do Logan fans like Cyclops?
    (My question has nothing to do with shipping. Please don't make this about shipping).

I mean Logan and Scott are sometimes at odds but i don't think this translates into their fans.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    (My question has nothing to do with shipping. Please don't make this about shipping).

I mean Logan and Scott are sometimes at odds but i don't think this translates into their fans.
    Yeah i think Cyclops is alright, i prefer the more extreme rightclops one though. The boy scout one is a bit too tame for my taste..

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post

Yeah i like him, never got into the ridiculous disscusion of who was a better character, my preferred version of him are Claremont (barring some problematic aspect post DPS) and Louise Simonson, who presented as a flawed but ultimately noble and honorable man.
    Last edited by TheCape; 08-24-2018 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Yeah, that's one of the reasons I've decided to stay away from it. The stupid "hot claws" is another.

I enjoyed Weapon Lost and Mystery in Madripoor quite a lot. Claws of a Killer was my most anticipated series before it came out, but it was kind of a let down because it left me with more questions than answers overall I did like it though, and Adamantium Agenda was mostly forgettable. I do agree things could have been streamlined a lot but for my money I enjoyed 3 of the 4 mini's.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I enjoyed Weapon Lost and Mystery in Madripoor quite a lot. Claws of a Killer was my most anticipated series before it came out, but it was kind of a let down because it left me with more questions than answers overall I did like it though, and Adamantium Agenda was mostly forgettable. I do agree things could have been streamlined a lot but for my money I enjoyed 3 of the 4 mini's.
    Definetly agreed, i also enjoy how WL and MIM kind of contrast eacth other, two groups of people looking for Logan but seeing it for different angles, a group that doesn't know him and consider that he migth be a danger and six old friends whose lifes were deeply affected by their relationship with him. Sadly none of the reveals were particurlary great.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Definetly agreed, i also enjoy how WL and MIM kind of contrast eacth other, two groups of people looking for Logan but seeing it for different angles, a group that doesn't know him and consider that he migth be a danger and six old friends whose lifes were deeply affected by their relationship with him. Sadly none of the reveals were particurlary great.
    I know they billed all of the mini's as certain "genre's" of stories but I almost felt like WL was a bit more of a horror story than a detective story. Claws of a Killer definitely had the horror vibe as well, but the scenes in the forest in WL were way more intense than anything in all the other mini's.