Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    A shocking concept right? No character is too big to kill off if Marvel so chooses, also no character is or should be considered off limits for any story the writers wants to tell. Now the reaction/backlash from the readership/fanbase can be brutal or highly negative but it's up to the writer to craft their story. No character is untouchable, bad things happen to people all the time, and just because said character is a woman doesn't constitute it being misogyny. Banshee got flayed and there was not much of an outcry, just a few complaints. But if MJ gets flayed also (highly unlikely to happen) people are ready to riot? Ultimately the story will be what it will be, some will like it and some will not. Also liking MJ as a character shouldn't be a prerequisite for writing a Spiderman book.
    Nailed all of it

Also the entire issue got leaked and it's vague AF, no answers or questions.Wells is likely gonna drag this out

Edit: I misread this and I disagree w/ all of this
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 04-24-2022 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    More details on the Judgement Day FCBD issue

spoilers:
    The Eternals decree that Krakoan resurrection is defined as deviation
    end of spoilers
    Sounds like it's finally coming to a head.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    You can almost say that this original concept was flayed alive and its skin is now worn as a coat by a soulless automaton...
    Would be funnier if that was done to Moira, which would perfectly represent Marvel since Moira is his most changed character.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    It's funny how Zeb Wells quickly went from cult favourite, writing the generally well-liked Hellions, to hack as soon as he took over Amazing Spider-Man, going by the feedback on these boards (obviously just a portion of the readership). No wonder Chip Zdarsky admitted he has no interest in writing ASM because of fandom
    Most of the butthurt around here is from Spidey fans, me included lol.

The problem is that the guy doesn't respect MJ's character, and she's a big deal in the Spidey franchise, and having read ASM#1 itself now spoilers:
    it's boring
    end of spoilers and that's not a good hook.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    Are you saying that writers and their bosses who own the IPs can do whatever they want with their own characters, independent of what the readers think??? ��
    Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    A shocking concept right? No character is too big to kill off if Marvel so chooses, also no character is or should be considered off limits for any story the writers wants to tell. Now the reaction/backlash from the readership/fanbase can be brutal or highly negative but it's up to the writer to craft their story. No character is untouchable, bad things happen to people all the time, and just because said character is a woman doesn't constitute it being misogyny. Banshee got flayed and there was not much of an outcry, just a few complaints. But if MJ gets flayed also (highly unlikely to happen) people are ready to riot? Ultimately the story will be what it will be, some will like it and some will not. Also liking MJ as a character shouldn't be a prerequisite for writing a Spiderman book.
    I mean, MJ is far bigger than Banshee anyways, so there'll be more complaints if she's put in danger, specially considering that putting her in damsel situations isn't liked by default.

And yeah, writers don't have to like characters as a prerequisite to writing a comic, but if the character is major like MJ, then they should at least not act like this is some fanfiction and actually respect the character, which Wells doesn't do when it comes to MJ.

So yeah, writers and editorial can do whatever they want, but doing whatever they want doesn't mean the fans will be happy over that, hence, we get people whining.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    What’s odd with that? Did you read the beyond arc of ASM? It was not some magical whisk with a wand that made this transition. The same way he was praised for Hellions and had earned it he got critiqued for beyond and it was earned. A writer is not some guarantee for a good story. For many reasons they will excel in one situation and struggle in another. When people are being critical of Wells it’s not for his technical skills(although Beyond was rushed and it showed). It’s his use of character. Ability to write said characters. Understanding said character and overall his sensibility for the kind of stories he want to tell in ASM.
    Is almost like a Writer, as any artist, does not necessary automatically do the same exact result in any "performance" or work. Or it won't be art and would be instead mass produced factory work.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    More details on the Judgement Day FCBD issue

spoilers:
    The Eternals decree that Krakoan resurrection is defined as deviation
    end of spoilers
    i would argue resurrecting by killing an innocent human is a deviation, especially if the plan is to protect humans. I hope the avengers or humans get to declare and reveal that little tidbit or the whole thing falls to weak sauce. To be fair, both protocols must be revealed if one is being judged especially by a third party, which would be the avengers at this point. So i do wonder if there will be a moment when tony or someone is discussing both forms of resurrection.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Default Why Eternals Have To Kill The X-Men (Free Comic Book Day Spoilers)

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

omg is this for real? LMAO!! Yo marvel just flat out said F)#)3 it we comparing mutants to monkeys. like wow.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

anyone ever think it's the other way around i.e. "why the x-men have to kill the eternals"?

I mean why not, it would truly show their supremacy and maybe set them up to fight the celestials themselves?

Is Krakoa going to burn…?
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Is Krakoa going to burn…?
    it doesn't even matter at this point. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    it doesn't even matter at this point. lol
    Why?

What has you so contorted, j.?

I don't know a lot about Eternals, but why the hell did Odin lead a team of 'em at any point? Was he involved with Eternals before this? 'Cause the mention of Odin's Avengers makes me think it wasn't the case.

"Effective immortality, as long as Krakoa exists, the Cerebro network works and The Five are able to keep things going. And everyone gets to keep seeing Cyclops naked."

Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

i would argue resurrecting by killing an innocent human is a deviation, especially if the plan is to protect humans. I hope the avengers or humans get to declare and reveal that little tidbit or the whole thing falls to weak sauce. To be fair, both protocols must be revealed if one is being judged especially by a third party, which would be the avengers at this point. So i do wonder if there will be a moment when tony or someone is discussing both forms of resurrection.
    The Avengers won’t be judging; the Sentinels will.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Why?

What has you so contorted, j.?
    I wouldnt used the word contorted just completely turned off. So really nothing to expound on. Enjoy the telepathic/telekinetic monkeys.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I wouldnt used the word contorted just completely turned off. So really nothing to expound on. Enjoy the telepathic/telekinetic monkeys.
    I was just teasing, j.! I know you’re feeling defensive on behalf of our beautiful mutants because you perceive that they’re being dragged through the mud. I just wanted you to vent.