Page 81 of 229 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 3423

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    . . . I honestly sometimes forget that she's supposed to debut in 1938 because I thought they haven't followed up on that since Doomsday Clock, and because that was a 5G plan, so I assumed that was scrapped.
    They had her at the 1939 NYC World's Fair in Wonder Woman #750 which came out in early 2020.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    They had her at the 1939 NYC World's Fair in Wonder Woman #750 which came out in early 2020.
    The in-story premise during Death Metal was Batman Who Laughs attacking Hypertime. Every timeline became a mess. past and present, including events and history before Death Metal. (Wally who inherited Manhattan's power couldn't fix continuity when he tried). Time only started to heal and realigned after he's defeated and Death Metal's over.

That's the reason why for the current history/continuity I'm only counting events mentioned/shown in stories after Death Metal, once Infinite Frontier began. (Alan Scott being in the 40s and gay, for example, started in Doomsday Clock but has been reestablished again in Infinite Frontier.)

Wonder Woman I don't know if it's been reestablished again
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 05-09-2022 at 05:58 PM.

The in-story premise during Death Metal was Batman Who Laughs attacking Hypertime. Every timeline became a mess. past and present, including events and history before Death Metal. (Wally who inherited Manhattan's power couldn't fix continuity when he tried). Time only started to heal and realigned after he's defeated and Death Metal's over.

That's the reason why for the current history/continuity I'm only counting events mentioned/shown in stories after Death Metal, once Infinite Frontier began. (Alan Scott being in the 40s and gay, for example, started in Doomsday Clock but has been reestablished again in Infinite Frontier.)

Wonder Woman I don't know if it's been reestablished again
    I just try to ignore Death Metal.

Last time I checked was a few weeks (or was it months) ago, but up until that point they haven't mentioned her origin or how it relates to Steve. The comics just continue where they left off in Rebirth. Both Steve and Etta look their Rebirth age. I honestly sometimes forget that she's supposed to debut in 1938 because I thought they haven't followed up on that since Doomsday Clock, and because that was a 5G plan, so I assumed that was scrapped.

(Diana is long living regardless. She's born hundreds or thousands of years ago, and so is Grail and Jason, but in Rucka only got to go to man's land in modern day)

Oh this is interesting. The newest Wonder Woman preview has the villain refer to Diana as clay.
    (Trial of Amazons refer to Echidna beheaded by Hippolyta. That happened in Post Crisis. I figured they brought Post Crisis lore since they brought back Doom's Doorway but I don't know the details)
    Trial of the Amazons also mentioned that Donna was Troia and Darkstar. Pre-Flashpoint stuff is definitely back in play, it's only pre-Crisis that's uncertain. As I understand it, they kept Diana being Zeus's daughter, and Cassie being his granddaughter, but everything else from New 52 was either overwritten (i.e. Diana didn't date Superman because he was already married) or fake memories. Since Donna's New 52 origin would be part of those fake memories, it was already invalid before it was even mentioned in Rebirth, and it's usage there is actually a continuity error. Titans didn't take into account what had happened in Wonder Woman. Diana being in Man's World in World War II is more recent than that of course, and if she was active back then, it's possible for Donna's pre-Crisis origin to happen - it requires Diana to be active at least 20 years ago, as she rescued Donna from a fire when she was a kid, and took her home to Paradise Island where Hippolyta adopted her.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-11-2022 at 04:00 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Trial of the Amazons also mentioned that Donna was Troia and Darkstar. Pre-Flashpoint stuff is definitely back in play, it's only pre-Crisis that's uncertain. As I understand it, they kept Diana being Zeus's daughter, and Cassie being his granddaughter, but everything else from New 52 was either overwritten (i.e. Diana didn't date Superman because he was already married) or fake memories. Since Donna's New 52 origin would be part of those fake memories, it was already invalid before it was even mentioned in Rebirth, and it's usage there is actually a continuity error. Titans didn't take into account what had happened in Wonder Woman. Diana being in Man's World in World War II is more recent than that of course, and if she was active back then, it's possible for Donna's pre-Crisis origin to happen - it requires Diana to be active at least 20 years ago, as she rescued Donna from a fire when she was a kid, and took her home to Paradise Island where Hippolyta adopted her.
    Both New 52 and Rebirth Donna were clay but the details are different. Rebirth Donna was found and rescued not long after creation, then raised as a sister to Diana. Her origin was kept secret from her. She was significantly younger than New 52 Donna and able to join Teen Titans.

Both New 52 and Rebirth Donna were clay but the details are different. Rebirth Donna was found and rescued not long after creation, then raised as a sister to Diana. Her origin was kept secret from her. She was significantly younger than New 52 Donna and able to join Teen Titans.
    They just couldn't outright retcon it for some reason...

Extraordinary Member
    Last edited by Hypo; 05-11-2022 at 05:17 PM.

Riddler, I think?

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Never expected Perry to get his own one-shot, but cool .

Guess after Lois or Jimmy, Perry is the one that makes the most sense. Would love a Cat Grant one-shot though.

That's gonna be a funny book

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    That's gonna be a funny book
    Sitting at his desk, eating a hot dog, reading the competitor and then falls asleep...