Page 110 of 376 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 5630

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    No.

Officially, he won't.

Theoretically, strong enough sales might lead to something (though we've seen a lot of what's coming in june, we still have no word on the digital side of things, for instance)

Older fans, however - like myself - we probably pick up any scrap we can; it's been seven years, after all.
    DC is ONLY getting my money for this. ONLY.
    I won't buy another book from them unless they bring the original Wally back.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    DC is ONLY getting my money for this. ONLY.
    I won't buy another book from them unless they bring the original Wally back.
    Eh...I did get a Superman trade but it wasn't a DC52 story; and now with his upcoming 'costume' looking like something from some regular bloke's closet, I won't bother at all. Especially as along with the 'lack of costume his the lack of a 'Superman' haircut. Honestly, he's going to look like Joe Blow from down the street and I don't mean as Clark Kent. I'm aghast.

And let's not even go into Batman Bunny. My brain cells are just bobbling around in my head when I see that thing, trying to make out what kind of fermented fruit I may have ingested.

DC sure ain't what it used to be.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Eh...I did get a Superman trade but it wasn't a DC52 story; and now with his upcoming 'costume' looking like something from some regular bloke's closet, I won't bother at all. Especially as along with the 'lack of costume his the lack of a 'Superman' haircut. Honestly, he's going to look like Joe Blow from down the street and I don't mean as Clark Kent. I'm aghast.

And let's not even go into Batman Bunny. My brain cells are just bobbling around in my head when I see that thing, trying to make out what kind of fermented fruit I may have ingested.

DC sure ain't what it used to be
    It kinda is. I don't know if you been around this long, but mid 90's had a period just like this (Electric Superman, AzBatman, Artemis as WonderWoman, etc). On one hand, I don't think emulating the mid 90's is a good call; but on the other, those things are going at last a year tops (there's no way in hell we'll have Tee-Supes and Blade Diana when BvS hits theaters) and that period in the mid-nineties was the precursor of a very good period for DC comics (the very best one, IMHO). Let's hope history repeats itself here.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

omg I forgot WW's Final Fantasy toothpick set. Hope she never tries to shake someone's hand. But ElectricSpes would be an improvement over super-low-budget-TV Superman.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Wally 'Ginger' West fan

I'm going share a quote that I found as a quote on another website:
    "One of the only reasons I still hang on to FLASH is because I know beyond any shadow of a doubt that the moment I walk, the next guy's gonna drop a safe on Linda Park's head before my last voucher's been paid." -- Mark Waid, in another era
    http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/5184189.html#comments

Oh man. Oh man, oh man. Thought this was an interesting quote.
    Yeah, right, okay--basically, no safe was dropped on Linda's head right after he left; yet I still think Mark Waid pegged it because her importance in the books did seem to diminish substantially for all that she wasn't 'fridged' by the following writers. In fact I'm now wondering if Linda ending up dead along with the unborn twins wasn't on the table all those years ago.

I'm going share a quote that I found as a quote on another website:
    http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/5184189.html#comments

Oh man. Oh man, oh man. Thought this was an interesting quote.
    Yeah, right, okay--basically, no safe was dropped on Linda's head right after he left; yet I still think Mark Waid pegged it because her importance in the books did seem to diminish substantially for all that she wasn't 'fridged' by the following writers. In fact I'm now wondering if Linda ending up dead along with the unborn twins wasn't on the table all those years ago.
    Linda frindged and the twins put in ice cube trays.
    I have no beef with Vegans

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    Linda frindged and the twins put in ice cube trays.
    Kind of sad considering that it's all Barry Fault and he doesn't even know it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Kind of sad considering that it's all Barry Fault and he doesn't even know it anymore.
    Probably a good thing he doesn't know or remember. If he did, he should spend all available time putting things back the way they were. His parents still alive, married to Iris and Wally back.
    Last edited by upgrayedd; 03-26-2015 at 06:13 PM.
    I have no beef with Vegans

Wally 'Ginger' West fan

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    Probably a good thing he doesn't know or remember. If he did, he should spend all available time putting things back the way they were. His parents still alive, married to Iris and Wally back.
    I like Barry. I like Barry as I like a whole gaggle of DC heroes (well, not so much the DC52 versions and definitely not the upcoming ones after Convergence.) However, definitely Barry should stay the heck away from time travel. He's as lousy with the prime directive of time travel (thou shalt not do something stupid) as Captain James T. Kirk was at the prime directive of first contact.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan

So I'm trying to catch up on some fanfic and there's a story about Kid Flash in Teen Titans Go! which got me going "wtf" and "I forgot all about that"? So I looked it up on YouTube and based on the 'race' wished I hadn't.

Okay, I get that anything featuring white Wally is likely to be a bad image of him based on....yeah. But was not expecting them to also cast Richard as a major and federally-criminal-charge-worthy jerk too. Now I enjoyed Teen Titans well enough when I bothered to watch it, but...

Kids like this trash?

(I don't take kindly to two of my top fave DC characters being treated this way. Especially by DC or the owners of DC.)

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

So I'm trying to catch up on some fanfic and there's a story about Kid Flash in Teen Titans Go! which got me going "wtf" and "I forgot all about that"? So I looked it up on YouTube and based on the 'race' wished I hadn't.

Okay, I get that anything featuring white Wally is likely to be a bad image of him based on....yeah. But was not expecting them to also cast Richard as a major and federally-criminal-charge-worthy jerk too. Now I enjoyed Teen Titans well enough when I bothered to watch it, but...

Kids like this trash?

(I don't take kindly to two of my top fave DC characters being treated this way. Especially by DC or the owners of DC.)
    Teen Titans Go is trash. Apparently they had an entire episode making fun of Young Justice and all the people who want it brought back. Cartoon Network deserves to die, as far as I feel. The only purpose they serve now is reshowing anime now that Verizon dropped Funimation. And even then its set up so its so hard to watch.
    Cyclops was right

Barry Allen's #1 fan Heatwave the Rogue's Avatar

I'm looking forward to the upcoming Wally West convergence story. Should be fun, but I wish Waid was writing it.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

So, I don't know if this has been commented here, but Tequan Richmond is rumored for Wally West in the TV show.

If true, this is bad news for those of you highly concerned with his skin color, But it's good news as he's pretty much the same age as Barry. No Kid Flash bs.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    So, I don't know if this has been commented here, but Tequan Richmond is rumored for Wally West in the TV show.

If true, this is bad news for those of you highly concerned with his skin color, But it's good news as he's pretty much the same age as Barry. No Kid Flash bs.
    The origin of the rumor came from someone on 4chan who could not back it up. It was then instantly deleted. As of now the only place reporting it as news is kdramastars, a Korean website, that uses a screenshot of the deleted 4chan post as it's only source. This website also reported quite a few times that the Amazing Spider-Man 3 would be an adaption of the Clone Saga with Emma Stone returning as a Gwen clone, and you know how accurate that turned out to be.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Mighty Member

I'm pretty sure that Wally will be a teenager on the show when we finally see him. I would be surprised if we didn't see an actor around the same age as Thea or Roy on Arrow.